Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could see a case for replacing both Mount and Sterling to be honest. Sterling is a gold plated Lucas Moura, brilliant at times but plays an individual game.

I would like to see something like Kane, Maddison, Bellingham, Grealish and Foden ahead of Rice personally…..
I think sterling is very much what's best for sterling instead of the team. Has his moments but ultimately he's an individual and his decisions are based on what will make him look good rather than what's best for the team hence the poor decision making imo. We do have more flair to be used like you say especially with the likes of foden and maddison. I'd personally put foden or maddison as a 10 and leave the two behind as they are and I'd go sancho ahead of sterling as he knows when to release the ball as shown by his assist stats.

Instead of Son if we had Mahrez, we would have won the title in 15-16

What is this where is it coming from?

Oh you must think Kane might have passed more to Mahrez

Because it was the season Kane used to manage to pass to Son like once or twice per game which was very difficult to achieve for the positions they played together

I could see a case for replacing both Mount and Sterling to be honest. Sterling is a gold plated Lucas Moura, brilliant at times but plays an individual game.

I would like to see something like Kane, Maddison, Bellingham, Grealish and Foden ahead of Rice personally…..
Please stop saying Maddison name its like when seemingly sensible people kept going on about Ake. Maddison is vastly over rated he's a David Bentley level fraud. He most certainly is not the answer to any bloody international lack of creativity.

Kane had a shocker last night and Sterling was even worse wanting to take on the entire Polish team.

However, if a striker scores then he gets a free pass.

A world class strike last night - let's hope for at least one against Palace at the weekend.

I thought Kane as ok last night. England were totally dominant in the second half (bar last 5-10mins) but didn’t really push much after the goal. In the first half they were playing on the counter and keeping ball. Kane didn’t get any service but was still effective at spreading play etc.the other number 9 was more mobile, ran around a lot and got an assist but they were constantly looking for him as the rest of their team were fairly average.
As much as it pains me to say - England are very strong at the moment and worryingly are so much better now at retaining possession (one of their traditional downfalls).
on another note that Leeds guy in the midfield is really impressive - totally unflappable, good passing and quick/strong.

Harry was great last night. Got into some good positions and made some excellent passes but misplaced a couple and of course it is the misplaced passes that some focus on.

Harry was great last night. Got into some good positions and made some excellent passes but misplaced a couple and of course it is the misplaced passes that some focus on.

He was really sloppy at times. Literally kicked it out of play on three occasions. By his own standards he was poor. By anybody else's, I'd say he had an average game.

Agree with the pride part. I used to get a buzz when he scored for England, it was more ammo for my argument that the best striker in the world was one of our own.

I did enjoy the goal tonight but definitely a lot less than I would have a year ago.

Get over it. Nothing is perfect. Kane wasn't even close but I am still going to enjoy every goal and assist he puts up here while he is here whether it is till Jan or longer depends on him and what he makes of it

Please stop saying Maddison name its like when seemingly sensible people kept going on about Ake. Maddison is vastly over rated he's a David Bentley level fraud. He most certainly is not the answer to any bloody international lack of creativity.
Sometimes it’s the style of player that’s important - would I choose Maddison or Mount for Spurs? Mount all day long…. I just think that for Eng, someone who shows for the ball and finds angles could be more beneficial than a hard working player who does his best work off the ball

Have to agree on Maddison being over-rated by many. Sure, he has ability and has some good moments. But often he spends games completely on the periphery. He's also crap off the ball and so will never really come into Southgate's thinking.

I did think stones was very good last night. Thought shaw had a good game too. Phillips did ok but was a bit too safe with his passing. Rice is looking a very good player we just need that creative 10 in front of them to counter balance their lack of flair and defence splitting balls from the middle of the pitch. It's certainly not mount maybe more a Madison type needed in there. I think a proper creative playmaker is the only thing this side is really missing at the moment.
You could be talking about us (ie THFC:) )

If he plays for us on saturday the same way and scores a goal like that I'm ok with it. Think that goal may be the thing that kick starts his season as I'd thought his finishing in the previous 2 games was average at best.

What is this where is it coming from?

Oh you must think Kane might have passed more to Mahrez

Because it was the season Kane used to manage to pass to Son like once or twice per game which was very difficult to achieve for the positions they played together
Mahrez was player of the year that season. Scoring almost 30 goals/assists. Son in those days was quite crap. Scoring 10-12 goals a year max and almost no assists in the german league and not so good for us either. Its only logical that if Son had played for them and Mahrez for us then, we'd have won the league that year.

Of course he has been improving and last year he finally reach a good level of goal+assist tally.

Mahrez was player of the year that season. Scoring almost 30 goals/assists. Son in those days was quite crap. Scoring 10-12 goals a year max and almost no assists in the german league and not so good for us either. Its only logical that if Son had played for them and Mahrez for us then, we'd have won the league that year.

Of course he has been improving and last year he finally reach a good level of goal+assist tally.

Oh Mahrez ㅡVardy of the Mahrez I remember now. That the Leicester team that won the PL the season right? Self explanatory don't you think?

14/15 - Mahrez (4 goals 3 assists) v Son (11 goals 3 assists in Bundesliga)
15/16 - Mahrez had a worldie season but we don’t know if he would’ve performed well at a completely new team just like Son.
16/17 - Mahrez (6 goals 4 assists at Man City - 3rd place with 78 points …) v Son (14 goals 8 assists - 2nd place with 86 points).

Last edited:
14/15 - Mahrez (4 goals 3 assists) v Son (11 goals 3 assists in Bundesliga)
15/16 - Mahrez had a worldie season but we don’t know if he would’ve performed well at a completely new team just like Son.
16/17 - Mahrez (6 goals 4 assists at Man City - 3rd place with 78 points …) v Son (14 goals 8 assists - 2nd place with 86 points).
He was still at leicester in 16/17 im pretty sure. They just couldnt adjust after losing Kante(very much like us without Dembele). Even Vardy had dropped to near half his goals.

Back
Top Bottom