Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To blame Kane for our shit show today is just insane. Today we gave a performance we've become accustomed to too often for our liking, and the type of performance which is the reason why he wants out in the first place.

Yes, but a goalscorer needs service. There is no point fighting so hard to keep Kane when not fixing the key issue which is service for him.
May as well have sold him as we are wasting him
Be interesting to see what Potter can do with the front half of this side…. Fingers crossed it’s sooner not later. Rip the band aid off and sack Jose 2.0 asap

As a senior player today he needed to lead by example. Can’t always rely on others.

Yep, England when under the cosh and in similar circumstances would have got more from Kane.

I think it's a nonsense to blame Kane for today but there is a world of difference between a player who is committed and one who is trying to show it matters, when it really doesn't.

He was still at leicester in 16/17 im pretty sure. They just couldnt adjust after losing Kante(very much like us without Dembele). Even Vardy had dropped to near half his goals.

Go back to that season and try to find one game where Kane passed to Son more than 3 times in a game. I am not talking about 3 assists. 3 passes.

You will be shocked to realized how many times a wide open Son was shunned by Kane. At least 10 points lost through out the season hence Lieceater Champion not Spurs

Son probably thought it was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever seen in his career he wanted to go back to Germany after that season

Yep, England when under the cosh and in similar circumstances would have got more from Kane.

I think it's a nonsense to blame Kane for today but there is a world of difference between a player who is committed and one who is trying to show it matters, when it really doesn't.

To be honest I think the England game a few days ago fucked him. It was hard work in Poland and Kane is now getting to the stage where two games in the space of a few days looks beyond him.

Though if you actually have other good players who will create then he would still score goals regardless. But the one man shows almost are probably a thing of the past.

To be honest I think the England game a few days ago fucked him. It was hard work in Poland and Kane is now getting to the stage where two games in the space of a few days looks beyond him.

Though if you actually have other good players who will create then he would still score goals regardless. But the one man shows almost are probably a thing of the past.

Yep I think that is quite fair.

It's the shortsightedness of our transfer policy, which on the striker front cannot be defended, if you pardon the pun..

No other so called top team would expect such a workload and so the exertion bit is entirely on us, and you are right.

Were he playing for City you know he would have been on the bench. That's where we are failing him and most importantly us.

To blame Kane for our shit show today is just insane. Today we gave a performance we've become accustomed to too often for our liking, and the type of performance which is the reason why he wants out in the first place.
I’m not blaming him, I just don’t feel he is a winner who gives that vibe off.

I’m not blaming him, I just don’t feel he is a winner who gives that vibe off.

He's not a winner in that sense of the word. That's why he wanted (and wants) out.

Kane was really poor today and looked extremely limited. There's no hiding that. But put him in a better team and he would no doubt show the quality we all know he has.

Kane and Son need each other if we're to see the best of them. Let's not ignore the fact that Kane set up plenty of Son's goals last season. Replace Kane with Son today up top and I have no doubt we'd still lose this game.

Worry more about the lack of any quality into him than any apparent lack of effort.
The lack of quality and service certainly a factor but the body language was just awful too. A player that doesn’t want to be at a club is a waste of space really, even if it’s Pele/Maradona/Cruyff and Messi all rolled into one.

Back
Top Bottom