Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back to EPL business on Saturday.
Harry needs 9 to equal Henry.
Was Henry all that, though?
Needs 10 to equal Bobby Smith's league total for us.

GamesGoalsGPG
1SHEARER4412600.590
2ROONEY4942080.421
3COLE4141870.452
4AGUERO2751840.669
5LAMPARD6091770.291
6HENRY2581750.678
7KANE2471660.672
8FOWLER3791630.430
8DEFOE4961620.327
10OWEN3261500.460

AppsGoalsGPG
GREAVES3212200.685
SMITH2711760.649
KANE2441660.680

Scarlett has a way to go before he makes it as even a PL squad player. People are putting too much hope in him I fear.
Agree was similar to Troy Parrett a few years ago. Hardly set the world alight. Got plenty of time on his hands though same with Scarlett as he is even younger.

Agree was similar to Troy Parrett a few years ago. Hardly set the world alight. Got plenty of time on his hands though same with Scarlett as he is even younger.
Parrott's looking good in patches recently, I've seen more evidence of his all-round game than I have Scarlett. Scarlett has great strikers instinct and has the strength of a horse. Two good young prospects but strikers of their mould without pace to burn will take a while to find their feet in the men's game.

The blokes a fine footballer just class. but I'm going to say it....the pride I felt every time he scored has gone. My hope is that Dane Scarlett takes his England place.
Agree with the pride part. I used to get a buzz when he scored for England, it was more ammo for my argument that the best striker in the world was one of our own.

I did enjoy the goal tonight but definitely a lot less than I would have a year ago.

Rare occasion when playing for England has probably helped Spurs - Kane starting to look match fit after a pretty slow start for us - not bad when even at 80% he's still the classiest player on the pitch.

Only 13 goals behind Rooney now

Tied 5th win Owen atm - only 4 behind our very own Greaves

RankPlayerGoalsCapsAverageCareer
1Wayne Rooney (list)531200.442003–2018
2Bobby Charlton (list)491060.461958–1970
3Gary Lineker48800.61984–1992
4Jimmy Greaves44570.771959–1967
5Harry Kane40630.632015–present
Hard to believe that record of Charlton lasted over 40 years, think Rooney broke it in 2015 or 16 ?
Rooney was probably 5th generation of footballer after Bobby’s era…..

Performance wise it was as bad as I've seen him last night. Even his passing was completely off. Without his goal I think he would have took a large amount of stick (unfairly of course as he's allowed bad games) last night.

His form will come though.

I know a lot of people think he was poor last night but I think he was much better than sterling yet sterling is getting talked about as having a good game. I still don't think he's at his absolute best yet but it was a great shot for the goal and but for an inept managerial performance he would have won us the game last night.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people think he was poor last night but I think he was much better than sterling yet sterling is getting talked about as having a good game. I still don't think he's at his absolute best yet but it was a great hot for the goal and but for an inept managerial performance he would have won us the game last night.

Sterling's end ball was poor but his movement was excellent as always and he worried them more than anyone else for us. He always looked on the verge of making something happen but never quiet found that final shot or pass.

Sterling's end ball was poor but his movement was excellent as always and he worried them more than anyone else for us. He always looked on the verge of making something happen but never quiet found that final shot or pass.
His decision making was awful. Never released the ball when he should which fucks up the attacks.

His decision making was awful. Never released the ball when he should which fucks up the attacks.

Typical Raheem Sterling. That's what you get with him at times so you have to take the rough with the smooth. I don't think any of our front three last night played particularly well. Grealish was the most consistent of the three but never really looked a goal threat. The referee clearly had it in for him too.

Despite being slightly the better team, our best players in my opinion were Rice and the two centre-backs.

Typical Raheem Sterling. That's what you get with him at times so you have to take the rough with the smooth. I don't think any of our front three last night played particularly well. Grealish was the most consistent of the three but never really looked a goal threat. The referee clearly had it in for him too.

Despite being slightly the better team, our best players in my opinion were Rice and the two centre-backs.
Well I agree it wasn't a great performance but I felt we'd just about done enough to win it up until the goal. After that I felt we got what we deserved because tactically we got it wrong from that point.we got the moment needed from the talisman then its about game management from both players and manager and last 10 we fucked up. Not a terrible result but if wed managed it correctly we'd of seen that out easily. Subs also make it hard for opposition to build up steam from 83rd minute I'd of made a sub every 2 to 3 minutes myself.

I did think stones was very good last night. Thought shaw had a good game too. Phillips did ok but was a bit too safe with his passing. Rice is looking a very good player we just need that creative 10 in front of them to counter balance their lack of flair and defence splitting balls from the middle of the pitch. It's certainly not mount maybe more a Madison type needed in there. I think a proper creative playmaker is the only thing this side is really missing at the moment.

I did think stones was very good last night. Thought shaw had a good game too. Phillips did ok but was a bit too safe with his passing. Rice is looking a very good player we just need that creative 10 in front of them to counter balance their lack of flair and defence splitting balls from the middle of the pitch. It's certainly not mount maybe more a Madison type needed in there. I think a proper creative playmaker is the only thing this side is really missing at the moment.
I could see a case for replacing both Mount and Sterling to be honest. Sterling is a gold plated Lucas Moura, brilliant at times but plays an individual game.

I would like to see something like Kane, Maddison, Bellingham, Grealish and Foden ahead of Rice personally…..

Back
Top Bottom