Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something is deeply deeply wrong. I'm struggling to see what those who say he's playing well are seeing. His athleticism concerns me.more than anything. Inability to consistently create space for himself. Occasionally some nice passing not seeing much else

Kane's not on form but I also think he is close to getting untracked. Now, will that mean he goes back to being an elite player this season or just a very good one? The things you're seeing make me doubt he will be back to the old Harry Kane by the end of the season. But if he's healthy and motivated I think he'll make a contribution the rest of the way and have a big year next season. He had two good scoring chances today. If either one had gone in I think that would be the confidence boost he needs to relax and get on streak. Even if he didn't close the opportunities he was presented he was still more involved than Son for most of the game. Made some nice plays on defense around the goal, moved well, made good passes. To your point about what's wrong, right now I think it is about 70% confidence and 30% conditioning. The conditioning will definitely come playing for Conte and the confidence will get there when some of those shots start going in. I'm not giving up on the season or on Harry Kane.

Imagine we had 3 with the zest of Son and Moura today.

He's very slowly shaking it off, but I'd bench him at 60+ next game we are 2-0 like today, as soon as the second went in, it would have given the right signal IMO.

Shell like.

To be fair, the Harry of old would have scored a double today regardless of how the team played, without breaking into a sweat. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't becoming more and more worried.
He had five shots today, prior to Conte coming he wasn't even getting this many touches!

Goals will come, would be worried if he wasn't getting shots away. But he his and volume increasing with every game.

Next.

He’s a joke now, shell of his former self

It’s either him just regressing as a player or him wanting to leave, bit of both in my opinion

We desperately need a striker in January, wether Kane stays or not, but I hope he leaves

He had five shots today, prior to Conte coming he wasn't even getting this many touches!

Goals will come, would be worried if he wasn't getting shots away. But he his and volume increasing with every game.

Next.

I don't think he played badly, he still shows quality on the ball when he's playing deeper. But today was a massive chance for him to really get going again and ultimately he didn't do it.

Next.
Him getting more chances to shoot might also have to do with the level of opposition we faced today. His physical decline is definitely a cause for concern.

I don't think he played badly, he still shows quality on the ball when he's playing deeper. But today was a massive chance for him to really get going again and ultimately he didn't do it.
Yeah that’s one take but I like the point about five shots…. If that continues, the goals will come

Subjective really. We did play most of our difficult games pre-conte. We will see how he does in the next 3 .
Also for a player that missed pre-season and looked way off the peace as a consequence, that's two very workman-like performances in the space of 3 days.

I ain't focussing on any negatives, don't see the point. The season started the day Conte rocked up for me.

Also for a player that missed pre-season and looked way off the peace as a consequence, that's two very workman-like performances in the space of 3 days.

I ain't focussing on any negatives, don't see the point. The season started the day Conte rocked up for me.
Haha
Let’s not focus on anyone’s negatives then

He missed pre training 5 months ago….let’s get excited because he ran a bit in December

It's far easier to have a pop at Kane since the summer, but the most memorable Kane moment for me today was Lucas running from 3 times as far, overtaking him to press & try to win the ball back.

Getting tired of seeing him stand with his hands out when he doesn't get the pass he wants. He needs to accept that Son is our main man right now.

You are a master debater.
There is no debate. You are Adrian Durham and the punters keep biting.
No reasonable person could actually believe the guff you come out with but who cares?
You are winding people up on here and you and they are loving it.
Let’s start another thread and flush him for talking about Kane on the Kane thread

Back
Top Bottom