Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuuuuuuuck. That was a schoolboy error.
:dierno:

Luc Besson, I'm sorry!

Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

v0IUdq9.gif

I wanted to call my daughter Leeloo. Nearly got away with it, but the o/h's parents put her off it.

I see it hasn't been mentioned in here so I'll say it. He scores 4 goals today (haven't seen the match yet; ill and 5am start but anyway) and the first thing Jason Cundy has to say on the matter...

Too big for Spurs and should move clubs.
Just fuck off dickhead, it may annoy the established order of English football but little old Spurs is allowed to have a world class player.

What a fuckstick

The kid is an animal. Breaking records left and right already and he hasn't even hit his prime yet. Levy must break the wage scale accordingly to keep him here long term.

Makes me laugh that Kane was still shit when he played for Leicester.

Who started feeding the kids kryptonite is beyond me, but the kid is a killer.

He was even worse at Norwich, not bad at Millwall.

Anyway this snippet from F365...

Players to watch –Harry Kane, Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku
I’ll level with you, I wrote this on Thursday afternoon:

‘With frightfully little to be sorted out beyond Liverpool’s attempt to beat Middlesbrough, all eyes turn to the race for the Golden Boot. I’d always assumed that players weren’t particularly bothered by the award, but that doesn’t seem to be true. In front is Romelu Lukaku, stuck on 24 goals for a while and facing a trip to Woolwich on the final day. Score once and he will surely at least claim a share of the trophy, but fail to do so and Harry Kane and Alexis Sanchez could both catch Lukaku.’

Yeah they bloody could. Kane’s majesty on Thursday means he has one hand on the honour, despite missing two months of the season through injury. Unless Sanchez or Lukaku do something silly (and would you really back against Kane doing something silly against Hull?), he’s going to win another bloody gong. He really is the real deal.

He was even worse at Norwich, not bad at Millwall.

Anyway this snippet from F365...

Players to watch –Harry Kane, Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku
I’ll level with you, I wrote this on Thursday afternoon:

‘With frightfully little to be sorted out beyond Liverpool’s attempt to beat Middlesbrough, all eyes turn to the race for the Golden Boot. I’d always assumed that players weren’t particularly bothered by the award, but that doesn’t seem to be true. In front is Romelu Lukaku, stuck on 24 goals for a while and facing a trip to Woolwich on the final day. Score once and he will surely at least claim a share of the trophy, but fail to do so and Harry Kane and Alexis Sanchez could both catch Lukaku.’

Yeah they bloody could. Kane’s majesty on Thursday means he has one hand on the honour, despite missing two months of the season through injury. Unless Sanchez or Lukaku do something silly (and would you really back against Kane doing something silly against Hull?), he’s going to win another bloody gong. He really is the real deal.

Thing is, in his post match interview he was talking about hopefully getting another 4 against Hull. He doesn't need 4 to win the golden boot, but he knows that would put him on a goal a game over 30 appearances, that's what he's aiming for now I think. As soon as he achieves something he is straight away thinking about the next target. I wouldn't be surprised if he did score another 4 on Sunday.

One of the best players in the world plays for Tottenham and is a genuine Tottenham fan (local boy, family etc). Let that sink in.

Don't think we grasp how important this is and how far it's going to go in keeping our better players.

The stars are aligning for Spurs to take the next step. We have to capitalize

Highest scorers in Europe's top five leagues (2016-17)
Goals Games Goals per game
Lionel Messi
(Barcelona) 35 33 1.06
Edinson Cavani (PSG) 35 35 1
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) 30 32 0.94
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund) 29 31 0.94
Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon), Harry Kane (Tottenham)26 29 0.9
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 24 28 0.86
Luis Suarez (Barcelona) 28 34 0.82
Edin Dzeko (Roma) 27 35 0.77
Andrea Belotti (Torino), Anthony Modeste (Cologne), Dries Mertens (Napoli) 25 33 0.76

In 9 games against the other top 6 teams in the PrL this season, Kane has scored three goals and provided one assist, so before going into raptures about him, he needs to improve against the top teams as well as in European games. This is where he falls short compared to genuine world class strikers. I know this is probalby ill-timed, but I don't think he has the talent to become genuine world class. I'd love to see him prove me wrong, though.

Back
Top Bottom