Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is, in his post match interview he was talking about hopefully getting another 4 against Hull. He doesn't need 4 to win the golden boot, but he knows that would put him on a goal a game over 30 appearances, that's what he's aiming for now I think. As soon as he achieves something he is straight away thinking about the next target. I wouldn't be surprised if he did score another 4 on Sunday.
I think this is the motivation for a lot of our squad now, to be honest.

Get Kane the golden boot - that and getting an astonishing 86 points should be our aim on Sunday.

Such a shame for Lloris that his Neuer impression last night (and slipping over on the greasy surface, in fairness) backfired and has given his golden glove chances a serious blow.
At this point, Hugo can only be joint golden glove with Courtois - and that is dependent on us keeping a clean sheet against Hull and Chelsea conceding against Sunderland (could be a bit of an ask).

In 9 games against the other top 6 teams in the PrL this season, Kane has scored three goals and provided one assist, so before going into raptures about him, he needs to improve against the top teams as well as in European games. This is where he falls short compared to genuine world class strikers. I know this is probalby ill-timed, but I don't think he has the talent to become genuine world class. I'd love to see him prove me wrong, though.
He's literally scored against every top 6 team over the last two years, not every striker can score a goal in every game. That's only started happening with Ronaldo and Messi. He's tortured Woolwich in the NDL almost everytime he's played and spanked Chelsea majority of the time too. He plays just fine in big games and he isn't just a goal scorer either, so goals aren't always the best indication of a players performance.

In 9 games against the other top 6 teams in the PrL this season, Kane has scored three goals and provided one assist, so before going into raptures about him, he needs to improve against the top teams as well as in European games. This is where he falls short compared to genuine world class strikers. I know this is probalby ill-timed, but I don't think he has the talent to become genuine world class. I'd love to see him prove me wrong, though.
It's almost it's harder to score goals against good teams and in matches where we score fewer goals as a team!

And what about last season when Kane bagged:

2 vs Woolwich
2 vs city
1 vs chelsea
1 vs liverpool

Or the season before:
2 vs chelsea
2 vs Woolwich
1 vs Pool

Does anyone in the PL have a vastly better record than that against the Top 6?

Harry Kane in the Premier League: 118.8mins per goal for Spurs
Terry Henry in the Premier League: 121.8mins per goal for the scum

I guess its time to admit this Kane boy ain't bad is he.

Does anyone in the PL have a vastly better record than that against the Top 6?

The genuine world class strikers don't play in the PrL anymore. The PrL is overrated as can readily be seen in the ChL performances of English clubs. Leicester's advancement to the round of 8 as the best result was the biggest fluke in football history, given how completely outclassed they were against Seville. Genuine world class strikers are the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Higuain, Cavani ...Even if some of them formally speaking are wingers or attacking midfielders they may just as well be called strikers because of the flexible systems they play in.

Aubameyang would be a sensational signing, but there is alas no chance of getting him.

He was injured for a number of the CL matches and then he also scored in match against CSKA and also against Monaco not long after he came back from injury. 2 goals in 3 matches isn't a bad return considering how much better sides are in the CL.

The genuine world class strikers don't play in the PrL anymore. The PrL is overrated as can readily be seen in the ChL performances of English clubs. Leicester's advancement to the round of 8 as the best result was the biggest fluke in football history, given how completely outclassed they were against Seville. Genuine world class strikers are the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Higuain, Cavani ...Even if some of them formally speaking are wingers or attacking midfielders they may just as well be called strikers because of the flexible systems they play in.

Aubameyang would be a sensational signing, but there is alas no chance of getting him.

Gooner Maggot Troll

:dembelefingers:

GIFs-11.02.15-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom