Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck - He's definitely off, just seen this on KUMB, his last game is against Hull so we better enjoy it..:kanehand:

Re: Harry Kane (non WHU)
by noblecause on Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 pm

A friend of mine has been working on Kane's house move over the last 3 months (in Kent) & he pulled out abruptly a fortnight ago with no explanation. It was his "dream home" and the seller is convinced he's on his way.

Perhaps Kane realised Kent is a bit of a shit hole?

Apologies to any Kent Spurs :dierpochhug:

Strikers I can say are definitevely better than Kane: Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski THE END

Not to mention he is much younger than all of them

Not seen much of him at Bayern but in what respect do you deem Lewandowski better?

The RL I remember isn't any better than the HKN we have now

I can't think of any other player who plays the game like Kane. It's a kind of creative disorder.
Of course he can score the clinical predatory goal, and has The Stunner in his locker, but an increasing number of his goals are just kind of....weird. He shoots from the most unlikely, awkward positions, often with little backlift, in a staccato style with no obvious rhythm. I think this is what makes him so difficult to defend against, the unpredictability mixed with a weird sixth sense of exactly the only possible route for the ball to take from his foot into the
BACK OF THE NET!

In 9 games against the other top 6 teams in the PrL this season, Kane has scored three goals and provided one assist, so before going into raptures about him, he needs to improve against the top teams as well as in European games. This is where he falls short compared to genuine world class strikers. I know this is probalby ill-timed, but I don't think he has the talent to become genuine world class. I'd love to see him prove me wrong, though.

Mental point of view to be honest.

I remember him coming on as a very late sub at Man U in the Timmeh era, when we won 2-1.

He heroically hoofed the ball miles into the stands to waste time after being given offside, and was then caught on camera doing a repulsive, messy snot-blow.

At the time I genuinely believed those would be his most memorable contributions in a Spurs shirt.

Really? That was the moment I realised we had a young player with a brain in his head. Time wasting was a good move. Lets face it, we've all spat on ourselves on a football pitch, just normally there isn't a camera to capture the moment.

Can we define the limits?:kanehand:
Rather straight ahead, brute force type of player who relies on his physical strength. Not very sophisticated positioning ability. These type of players tend to be cancelled out by well organized defenses with quick, strong defenders.

Rather straight ahead, brute force type of player who relies on his physical strength. Not very sophisticated positioning ability. These type of players tend to be cancelled out by well organized defenses with quick, strong defenders.
Harry is one of the best positioned players in the league, look at his header yesterday as a example, or even the first goal. You don't get 26 goals in 29 by pure luck. Its a lot down to positional sense.

What you talking about? I've seen Kane labelled a tap in penalty merchant. Yet we've seen such variation on his scoring and you're saying he's not very sophisticated in his positioning ability?

I'm in my early 20s and just a bit younger than Kane, I remember when he was still a youth player he did some interview thing for one of my school assembly's, can't even remember what he spoke about but it's fucking weird seeing him become the player he is today. I was certain he was never gonna break through, his rise has been insane

Back
Top Bottom