Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry that you cannot see we have the finest English striker since Alan Shearer.
Wayne Rooney, when he was at the top of his game, was the best English striker in modern times. He was terrifying at the Euro 2004. Had he not been injured before the final game, England would have breezed to gold.

Wayne Rooney, when he was at the top of his game, was the best English striker in modern times. He was terrifying at the Euro 2004. Had he not been injured before the final game, England would have breezed to gold.

Rooney has done jack on the international stage since Euro 2004. Rooney has not scored 20+ goals in 3 consecutive seasons.

Rooney has done jack on the international stage since Euro 2004. Rooney has not scored 20+ goals in 3 consecutive seasons.

That's sort of true. Eriksson unfortunately lost his blueprint after 2004. But I can hardly remember any football team ever being more deadly efficient than England were at that time. Scholes was pure world class too.

Well, bronze at least...

Rather straight ahead, brute force type of player who relies on his physical strength. Not very sophisticated positioning ability. These type of players tend to be cancelled out by well organized defenses with quick, strong defenders.

I think one of the problems with football is the opposition team can play well. I think it should have been written into the laws that the opposition should always play badly and be unorganized. The game is often ruined as a spectacle when the opposition plays well. I've tuned into Barcelona games where Messi hasn't scored because the opposition played well. It's ridiculous!

That's sort of true. Eriksson unfortunately lost his blueprint after 2004. But I can hardly remember any football team ever being more deadly efficient than England were at that time. Scholes was pure world class too.

Da fuck has all that contentious waffle got to do with anything?????

HK is limited and holding us back?

"please explain"

You've got nothing....

Get a grip.

I think one of the problems with football is the opposition team can play well. I think it should have been written into the laws that the opposition should always play badly and be unorganized. The game is often ruined as a spectacle when the opposition plays well. I've tuned into Barcelona games where Messi hasn't scored because the opposition played well. It's ridiculous!

No, no.... WH really are the better team.

Fuck Harry for bringing us dowb to below their shitty level.

:pochfacepalm:

You say Rooney, but Harry is 1 goal behind his pl season best (which Harry can be at Hull on Sunday), in only his 3rd pl season (his not even peaked yet!!). I'm sorry but for every word you say against Harry there are hundreds of stats and facts to back him up.

But I can hardly remember any football team ever being more deadly efficient than England were at that time. HAHAAHA your talking like England won something, weird how you can be so optimistic about that england side, yet so pessimistic about this spurs one.

The genuine world class strikers don't play in the PrL anymore. The PrL is overrated as can readily be seen in the ChL performances of English clubs. Leicester's advancement to the round of 8 as the best result was the biggest fluke in football history, given how completely outclassed they were against Seville. Genuine world class strikers are the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Higuain, Cavani ...Even if some of them formally speaking are wingers or attacking midfielders they may just as well be called strikers because of the flexible systems they play in.

Aubameyang would be a sensational signing, but there is alas no chance of getting him.
Of course you're right. That's why Christiano, Bale, Suarez never played in epl did they.
Idiot

I remember him coming on as a very late sub at Man U in the Timmeh era, when we won 2-1.

He heroically hoofed the ball miles into the stands to waste time after being given offside, and was then caught on camera doing a repulsive, messy snot-blow.

At the time I genuinely believed those would be his most memorable contributions in a Spurs shirt.

I remember that...and thinking to myself that's exactly what he should do when he was clearly offside, and he went ahead and did it (he was not given offside until he decided to hoof the ball into the stand). Loved the fucker to bits straight away after that.

Fuck - He's definitely off, just seen this on KUMB, his last game is against Hull so we better enjoy it..:kanehand:

Re: Harry Kane (non WHU)
by noblecause on Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 pm

A friend of mine has been working on Kane's house move over the last 3 months (in Kent) & he pulled out abruptly a fortnight ago with no explanation. It was his "dream home" and the seller is convinced he's on his way.

No explanation? Kane found out the bloke's mate is a Wet Spam prick, and didn't want him profiting out of his house move.

I think the reason so many people underestimate HK or thought he wouldn't amount to much is because it's not obvious why he's so good. I can almost understand where Mojo is coming from.

He's not as quick as Sterling, or have the shear speed of Bale, he doesn't leap like Carrol, he doesn't cover ground like Kante, he doesn't have all the fancy footwork of Christiano, or the wriggle of Messi. His passing and vision are outstanding but don't get it in the net.

Really all he does is score a shitload. In that respect he's so much like Shearer. Alan never looked that amazing either but he just scored all the time.

It's not a bad way to be.

Personally I think Kane has more to his game than Shearer had, because he can pass and distribute the ball as well as score with both his head and his feet. Shearer had no passing skills to speak of, because he spent the majority of his time shooting (very very well, obviously).

Personally I think Kane has more to his game than Shearer had, because he can pass and distribute the ball as well as score with both his head and his feet. Shearer had no passing skills to speak of, because he spent the majority of his time shooting (very very well, obviously).

Kane is a cross between Shearer and Sheringham, he's got Shearer's goal scoring prowess but also the awareness and intelligence that Sheringham had as well.

Anyway I think I'll take the opinion of Pochettino who thinks Kane is one of the best strikers in the world over mojo mojo who has posted about 20 times on TFC forum.:kaneshh::pochbye:

Harry Kane: Tottenham striker one of world's best - Mauricio Pochettino http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39970575

Last edited:
Half of RedCafe still thinks he's overrated; at this point the only justification that I can find for this is it's constantly mentioned that he's not very quick.

Dumb fucks don't even realize that the fact he's scoring 30 goals a season without lightning pace just makes him more valuable, and less prone to losing form from injuries.

Back
Top Bottom