Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also imagine being the rest of that squad on Sunday, knowing you're not having Kane around. Going to be a hell of a job to pick them up from here
We know that Ange is a great man manager, so picking them up will not be an issue for him or them

I'm fucking frustrated that for the first time in all of the years that we've been lucky enough to have Kane, we actually have a manager who has a fantastic and successful record of attacking football. God knows how Kane scored any goals with Maureen and Conte. Fucking Goonerball - 1-0 up and everyone back in our penalty area.

Just look at how many chances we create from now on. I pray for everyone's sakes that Son doesn't start the season like the last one, and that Rich gets some luck in front of goal.

I’m pissed off, but fascinated how the Spurs media team are going to word this. Will there be a big statement? Reasons why? Obviously Harry will bring out a big statement to the supporters
100% guaranteed there will be a statement from Levy that contains the words, “as Harry turned down multiple contract offers that would have made him one the best paid players in the world, we felt we had no choice to accept this bid rather than let him run down his contract and leave for nothing.”

If that's what Kane wants to do then he can, Kane only leaves now because Kane wants to. Kane isn't an object with no agency in all this.

No idea what's going on behind the scenes. Perhaps he's actually doing this with Levy's endorsement, in that he thinks it's also best for the club rather than him leaving on a free next season.

Like I said, no matter what the motivations are, it's just a shitshow all around from the point of view of a Spurs fan.

Let’s move on. Club was becoming too focussed on one player. Let’s not forget we got to the Champions League final without him. And probably lost it because of him. Cheer up, there will be life after Kane

The players all talk, they have known that this is coming for weeks I should think.
Do they?

I keep hearing this. As if everyone in the squad knew Kane's plans right down to his flight number.

I don't buy it.

People I know in the real world don't tend to blab it all around when they are going for other positions/interviews/promotions.

This kind of stuff is usually kept quite close to your chest. Your close family knows and that's it. Others might suspect and maybe you tell a couple of close friends you can trust.

I'd imagine if you are in that bubble of Premier league footballer and you read in the daily rag that one of your team mates is going to Barca, you just ignore it. There is speculation all the time surrounding all of them.

Do they?

I keep hearing this. As if everyone in the squad knew Kane's plans right down to his flight number.

I don't buy it.

People I know in the real world don't tend to blab it all around when they are going for other positions/interviews/promotions.

This kind of stuff is usually kept quite close to your chest. Your close family knows and that's it. Others might suspect and maybe you tell a couple of close friends you can trust.

I'd imagine if you are in that bubble of Premier league footballer and you read in the daily rag that one of your team mates is going to Barca, you just ignore it. There is speculation all the time surrounding all of them.

Please stop posting - you're embarrassing yourself.

If you think Maddison was brought here under "false pretences" and didn't have a clue that Kane may be off, you're a bigger clown than ole gibsy or ahab.

Something I've noticed about Spurs fans in the last few years.
They (I would say we, but I'm not the same as them) can somehow convince themselves there's a positive in the worst of situations.

I fully expect comments in the next day or so to pivot from the pity of losing our greatest ever player, the excitement of watching a 9-10 goal a season play actor being flagged offside all season.
He is not our greatest ever player

Do they?

I don't buy it.

It wasn’t just speculation though. We had the executives of Bayern publicly stating that they wanted Kane, that he wanted to come, etc. everyone in football knew this deal was on.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

I knew but still can’t believe it happened. Fuck. All the best Harry. Win a lot of stuff and come back.

You know this isn't totally out of the blue, right?

They don't live in a bubble, they know this was coming, in fact they knew it much more so than us given they all work with the guy.

They're pros. They should all be knuckling down and trying to prove they can function just as well without him, not moping around like there's been a death in the family.
Whilst I appreciate the amount of replies to my original comment assumed some level of idiocy on my part (thanks all), it may be a surprise to hear that I had in fact considered that they may be aware of the situation.

However, taking on some basic psychology, preparing for something and encoutering reality are two very different things. You've seen some of the flip flop madness in here as this story has progressed, the players would have experienced this too and I'm sure most would have hoped this was not the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom