Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So sad to see Spurs 'fans' knocking Kane, a guy who scored 280 goals for our club and didn't wait to walk out on a free to another PL club.

I hope he does well at Bayern, but that's because I'm not a cunt....at least not about this.

:pochsmirk:

Yeah it's a small time mentality getting bitter and twisted whenever a player leaves, particularly one who was here so many years.

Equally most fans are quite happy to boot players out the team at the drop of a hat if they think they aren't good enough.
I don't wish ill on the guy. He'll be back as a legend.

However...

I would absolutely love it if we won stuff and he didn't.

He isn't Saint Harry. He treated this club shoddily at times.

As a Spurs fan, I hope Ange leads us to glory for many reasons. To show Kane that the club is, and has always been, bigger than him is now one of them.

I don't wish ill on the guy. He'll be back as a legend.

However...

I would absolutely love it if we won stuff and he didn't.

He isn't Saint Harry. He treated this club shoddily at times.

As a Spurs fan, I hope Ange leads us to glory for many reasons. To show Kane that the club is, and has always been, bigger than him is now one of them.
I feel kind of lost in the middle between these two absolutely tortured narratives.

On the one hand there are the people that want to still worship at the altar of Kane.

On the other hand there are people treating it like a shitty breakup that are in seeming delight to stick the knife into Harry and twist.

I simply feel like we've all moved on - Harry included - and that's fine. We're doing just fine without him, and he's doing just fine at Bayern. Everyone is happier now and Spurs are at the top of the league having shed "The Harry Kane Team" moniker and are proving that we're more than that.

I feel kind of lost in the middle between these two absolutely tortured narratives.

On the one hand there are the people that want to still worship at the altar of Kane.

On the other hand there are people treating it like a shitty breakup that are in seeming delight to stick the knife into Harry and twist.

I simply feel like we've all moved on - Harry included - and that's fine. We're doing just fine without him, and he's doing just fine at Bayern. Everyone is happier now and Spurs are at the top of the league having shed "The Harry Kane Team" moniker and are proving that we're more than that.
I think he was being misused at Tottenham, which sounds crazy given his goals and assists. Actually implies what a phenomenal he player is (and could be for us in a couple of years).

0TZmBRu.jpg

So sad to see Spurs 'fans' knocking Kane, a guy who scored 280 goals for our club and didn't wait to walk out on a free to another PL club.

I hope he does well at Bayern, but that's because I'm not a cunt....at least not about this.

I don't care what he does at Bayern, but that's not because I'm a cunt, at least not about this, it's because I'm a Spurs fan.

Good fir you but many comments go beyond simply not wishing him well and are instead incredibly bitter about someone that's done more for this club than any fan.

I thought our fanbase were better than this.
I haven't seen many of that type of comment tbh.
I've seen some saying "fuck him, don't care, disrespected our club, hope he wins nothing" etc.
I wouldn't class those as "incredibly bitter".

I'd be more concerned about some of the comments about our current players, from so called "Spurs fans" than any aimed at Kane.

Will you call those out as well ?

I haven't seen many of that type of comment tbh.
I've seen some saying "fuck him, don't care, disrespected our club, hope he wins nothing" etc.
I wouldn't class those as "incredibly bitter".

I'd be more concerned about some of the comments about our current players, from so called "Spurs fans" than any aimed at Kane.

Will you call those out as well ?

:ange-facepalm:

Do I need to call out everything?!

FFS

I hope Kane wins everything at Bayern and the Euros with England and I'll be proud that he's one of our own.

Then again, I'm a classy guy.

:ange-facepalm:

Do I need to call out everything?!

FFS
No, you don't need to call everything out but maybe, just maybe, don't be a hypocrite about things.

Unless, of course, you think that some of the comments towards our current players are acceptable.
:sonhmm:
I hope Kane wins everything at Bayern and the Euros with England and I'll be proud that he's one of our own.

Then again, I'm a classy guy.

I don't understand why anyone would care what he wins with another team.
He left us and made it clear, on two separate occasions, that he didn't want to play for us anymore.

If you think I should be cheering on a team, or a player that plays for a team, that I don't follow, and don't care about, then you're deluded.

Then again, I'm a Spurs fan.

:tanguythumb:

No, you don't need to call everything out but maybe, just maybe, don't be a hypocrite about things.

Unless, of course, you think that some of the comments towards our current players are acceptable.
:sonhmm:

I don't understand why anyone would care what he wins with another team.
He left us and made it clear, on two separate occasions, that he didn't want to play for us anymore.

If you think I should be cheering on a team, or a player that plays for a team, that I don't follow, and don't care about, then you're deluded.

Then again, I'm a Spurs fan.

:tanguythumb:

So this is just a thread for people who want to slag him off then?

No, I'm not a hypocrite because we're talking about a really special player in Spurs history here, not Hojberg or Dier. For what it's worth I tend not to slag off our players, at least as long as they're actually trying.

I find the nastiness towards him weird, same as that aimed towards Poch. I can do all that and still be a Spurs fan. Try it!

:nunothumb:

So this is just a thread for people who want to slag him off then?
No, it's a thread to put forward their views on an ex player, rather than criticise other posters.
Although I get the irony of me doing just that.
No, I'm not a hypocrite because we're talking about a really special player in Spurs history here, not Hojberg or Dier. For what it's worth I tend not to slag off our players, at least as long as they're actually trying.
I just find it interesting that you think it's ok to defend an ex player, who didn't want to play for us, rather than defend our current players.
I find the nastiness towards him weird, same as that aimed towards Poch. I can do all that and still be a Spurs fan. Try it!

:nunothumb:
Nah, you're alright, I'd rather not support a player that tried to engineer a move to another English club and then made it abundantly clear that he wanted out.

I'd rather focus on our present players, and manager, and enjoy where we are now.
:ange-arms:

Think I bring my wife back in the cellar!
It's just a short step and she asks Harry Kane if he want to live in our home.
Angry GIF

Serios: He is one of the best in Munich. Great footballplayer and a living Tottenham Legend

No, it's a thread to put forward their views on an ex player, rather than criticise other posters.
Although I get the irony of me doing just that.

I just find it interesting that you think it's ok to defend an ex player, who didn't want to play for us, rather than defend our current players.

Nah, you're alright, I'd rather not support a player that tried to engineer a move to another English club and then made it abundantly clear that he wanted out.

I'd rather focus on our present players, and manager, and enjoy where we are now.
:ange-arms:

As I said a few posts back, some of you are still bitter about his departure including you.

winning independence day GIF by IFC

As I said a few posts back, some of you are still bitter about his departure including you.

winning independence day GIF by IFC

Legit. Blokes our all time top scorer and there’s a mural of him outside the stadium & people act like he’s just any other ex player and there’s no reason to wish him well.

It’s not like I actively follow him at Bayern bar checking the odd score but would I love him to rip it up there? Yeah, it’s Harry! I’m an England & Spurs fans .. why wouldn’t I.

Decent bloke who gave loads to this club. Hope to see him back here one day and it would be nice to see him get some personal goals ticked off in the meantime.

Legit. Blokes our all time top scorer and there’s a mural of him outside the stadium & people act like he’s just any other ex player and there’s no reason to wish him well.

It’s not like I actively follow him at Bayern bar checking the odd score but would I love him to rip it up there? Yeah, it’s Harry! I’m an England & Spurs fans .. why wouldn’t I.

Decent bloke who gave loads to this club. Hope to see him back here one day and it would be nice to see him get some personal goals ticked off in the meantime.
Of course you agree with this cunt.

Of course you agree with this cunt.
I've an idea lads, let's all go out and get Bayern Munich shirts and cheer them on, and hope Kane plays really, really well for them.

After all we did the same thing when Hoddle went to Monaco......oh wait.

Well when Jennings went to Woolwich......oh hang on.

When Greaves went to West Ham.....oh, wrong again.

When Gazza went to Lazio.....erm

Modric went to Madrid........oh.

Berbatov to Utd ????????

Bale..... nope.....

Well, I'm damn sure that we must have cheered on some other club that one of our players transferred to ?

Oh, I've thought of one.
Nayim v Woolwich for one game.

I was worried that I'd gotten it all wrong for a minute.

Back
Top Bottom