Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d be impressed if it was a relevant goal.

On one note, this is the professional level and the keeper should be prepared to be caught out at all times but on another note, attempting this at 4-0 and a man up is a bit classless. It’s like trying to throw an 80 yard touchdown when you’re up by 30.

I’m pretty neutral on Kane… not bitter that he left but also not really caring how well he does at Bayern. This type of goal in a game that’s already won does little for me. I’d be far more impressed if he scores 4 against Barca in the CL, hell even 2.

Last edited:
Oh Harry we would win the title with you here. Brilliant footballer.
That would be the continued debate, what would this team look like with Harry? I don’t know if the answer is so clear. He’s brilliant as you said, but I can’t help but think that his leaving has helped to galvanize the team and greatly changed how we play as a team.

That would be the continued debate, what would this team look like with Harry? I don’t know if the answer is so clear. He’s brilliant as you said, but I can’t help but think that his leaving has helped to galvanize the team and greatly changed how we play as a team.

I if you gave Harry to Ange, he'd work out how to get the best from him for the team.

Him, Maddison and Son would be incredible I think. They'd rotate positions, Kane drop deep, Maddison goes left, Sonny runs the middle, or Son drifts left, Maddison goes short, Kane stays up at number 9. They'd pull the opposition all over the place and the ruthlessness and composure they have infront of goal, playing Angeball...I think we'd be killing teams.

I if you gave Harry to Ange, he'd work out how to get the best from him for the team.

Him, Maddison and Son would be incredible I think. They'd rotate positions, Kane drop deep, Maddison goes left, Sonny runs the middle, or Son drifts left, Maddison goes short, Kane stays up at number 9. They'd pull the opposition all over the place and the ruthlessness and composure they have infront of goal, playing Angeball...I think we'd be killing teams.
Absolutely, on its face it seems obvious that a truly world-class player in a side that is already top of the table would be just that much better. It’s hard to argue with that. The only thing that makes me question it is the attitude amongst the players, the connection they all seem to have, and the amount Of truly team goals we’ve scored this season. Just Kane’s sheer presence in the dressing room and on the pitch maybe changes that dynamic.

Interesting to discuss and probably no right answer.

If Kane were at Spurs it would mean Son is out on the left, a position he hasn't convinced me in for a couple of years now.

Or Son in the middle with Kane in Maddisons role where we would lack the press, pace and fast feet.

Yeah of course we would be better with Kane, but he would be captain too, and we wouldn't be seeing what we have from Son so far this season.

Yeah Harry would have been great in Ange’s system, but fundamentally, he didn’t want to be here anymore and Ange sensed that very early on.

I get the feeling that it doesn’t matter who you are or how good you are, if you’re not all in on Ange’s project, you’re out.

On one note, this is the professional level and the keeper should be prepared to be caught out at all times but on another note, attempting this at 4-0 and a man up is a bit classless. It’s like trying to throw an 80 yard touchdown when you’re up by 30.
What a bizarre comment!

You do know that the aim is to get the ball in the back of the net don’t you?! 😂

The fact that it’s at 4-0 means you can pull off the audacious without getting roasted for squandering an opportunity to progress the ball.

Fans want to see the spectacular.

Why do you think we’re happier with AngeBall rather than Conte’s turd fest?!

The game is about glory!

Last edited:
What a bizarre comment!

You do know that the aim is to get the ball in the back of the net don’t you?! 😂

The fact that it’s at 3-0 means you can pull off the audacious without getting roasted for squandering an opportunity to progress the ball.

Fans want to see the spectacular.

Why do you think we’re happier with AngeBall rather than Conte’s turd fest?!

The game is about glory!
It was 4-0 in a game that was already over.

It was a nice highlight goal but also completely irrelevant. It’s like comparing cheap shock value to actual good storytelling. Give me a 90th minute tap in winner any day over this pointless goal.

It was 4-0 in a game that was already over.

It was a nice highlight goal but also completely irrelevant. It’s like comparing cheap shock value to actual good storytelling. Give me a 90th minute tap in winner any day over this pointless goal.
‘You’re in more need of a blow job than any white man in history!’

/Adrian Cronauer

😋

Yeah Harry would have been great in Ange’s system, but fundamentally, he didn’t want to be here anymore and Ange sensed that very early on.

I get the feeling that it doesn’t matter who you are or how good you are, if you’re not all in on Ange’s project, you’re out.
I would strongly suspect that he didn’t want to be here because he just didn’t believe in Ange.

From what you’d read, Kane was starstruck by the opportunity to work with ‘elite’ ‘serial winner’ managers Conte and Mourinho. He was really sold a pup there.

Question I find myself asking is if Kane had the benefit of looking into a crystal ball in the summer which could have told him that 10 games in, we’d be top of the table on the back of our best start to the season since 1960/61, playing sensational football and the feel good factor back after the utter toxicity of the past 4 years, would he have stayed or gone to Munich.

Life moves on though and as I kept saying here last 2 years this club would go on and rise again, post Kane, just like it did after Hoddle, Gascoigne, Berbatov, Bale, Modric.

I’m pretty neutral on Kane… not bitter that he left but also not really caring how well he does at Bayern. This type of goal in a game that’s already won does little for me. I’d be far more impressed if he scores 4 against Barca in the CL, hell even 2.
Yeah the fact you're neutral and not bitter shines through mate...
😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom