Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a bizarre comment!

You do know that the aim is to get the ball in the back of the net don’t you?! 😂

The fact that it’s at 4-0 means you can pull off the audacious without getting roasted for squandering an opportunity to progress the ball.

Fans want to see the spectacular.

Why do you think we’re happier with AngeBall rather than Conte’s turd fest?!

The game is about glory!
Think in some countries (America and Italy) they wrongly think piling on shows lack of respect.

NFL kicking practice bearing fruit.
Lad on the radio recently who scouts kickers for the nfl, was talking about the amount of football players who are great in terms of accuracy, distance etc but lack the timing. basically the length of time from the snap which is 1 to 1.3 seconds

What a bizarre comment!

You do know that the aim is to get the ball in the back of the net don’t you?! 😂

The fact that it’s at 4-0 means you can pull off the audacious without getting roasted for squandering an opportunity to progress the ball.

Fans want to see the spectacular.

Why do you think we’re happier with AngeBall rather than Conte’s turd fest?!

The game is about glory!

Some people are born crashing fucking bores.
Others just grow into it, seemingly with relish.

:ledleylick:

I don't, full out, buy into the farmer's league narrative. Buuuuuuut going 11 vs 10 men inside five minutes and ending up losing 8-0 should simply not be able to happen in a top league. Did it happen in Poland, Romania, or Argentina I'd absolutely think match fixing.

Edit: To be clear, I'm neither suggesting nor thinking match fixing. It's just so bizarre, in a top 5 league.

I don't, full out, buy into the farmer's league narrative. Buuuuuuut going 11 vs 10 men inside five minutes and ending up losing 8-0 should simply not be able to happen in a top league. Did it happen in Poland, Romania, or Argentina I'd absolutely think match fixing.

Edit: To be clear, I'm neither suggesting nor thinking match fixing. It's just so bizarre, in a top 5 league.

Southampton lost 9-0 at home to Leicester, shit happens.

Well done Harry, although the below story made me laugh and maybe belongs in the Media Bias thread. Now Harry is undoubtedly world class?

Jude Bellingham & Harry Kane: Are England stars world's two best players right now? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67251678

We beat Wigan 9-1 in the last decade. The same Wigan that have also won the FA Cup more recently than us.

This stuff happens sometimes. Newcastle beat Sheffield United 8-0 this season alone. We laboured to a narrow win against them.

Wonderful thread over on Reddit.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/s/SnyNV2TvqY

Screenshot-20231029-180205-Reddit.jpg

Last edited:
Just another player elsewhere now like they all are when they leave. Ghosts of Tottenham past.

All the players I've loved: Dele, Eriksen, Jan, Toby ... I don't really care what their career trajectories are once they're gone although I'll always remember them fondly. My appreciation for what they did for us doesn't evaporate; it's just shelved for a nostalgic rainy day.
Exactly.

I'd add that the more talented the player, compounded with the terms of their departure, the more paradoxical our ambivalence.

Vincent Janssen is back playing in the Champions League.

FWIW, Bayern are 2 pts behind Leverkusen.

I think Xabi Alonso is class, would've loved him at Spurs.

Hindsight's 20/20 and all, but I'm sure I would've preferred him to Postecoglou before our announcement this summer.

Not now, obvs.

Really hope he goes to Real Madrid and not Liverpool, I enjoy detesting the Dippers' current form of baseness.

None of those games involved the team getting demolished going up a man in the first 5 minutes which was his entire point.
In fairness, from the highlights it seems as though the ref realised his error and made amends to Bayern by sending off two of the opposition defenders for merely existing, so I think it was 10 v 9 by the time Bayern took the lead, or certainly before the floodgates opened at least.

Back
Top Bottom