Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Harry Kane has gone from struggling loanee to one of the world's best strikers

If he manages 20 league goals this season, which he is well on course to doing, he will equal Thierry Henry's record of 20+ league goals in five consecutive seasons.

I have checked as many top strikers from even before the Premier League and I can't even see ANY other striker who has done it for 6+ years so it looks like Kane might just have yet another record next season.

Saying that, Aguero could run him close. If he gets 20 league goals this season, he'd have also equalled Henry's record.

How Harry Kane has gone from struggling loanee to one of the world's best strikers

If he manages 20 league goals this season, which he is well on course to doing, he will equal Thierry Henry's record of 20+ league goals in five consecutive seasons.

I have checked as many top strikers from even before the Premier League and I can't even see ANY other striker who has done it for 6+ years so it looks like Kane might just have yet another record next season.

Saying that, Aguero could run him close. If he gets 20 league goals this season, he'd have also equalled Henry's record.

He isn't one of the worlds best strikers, he IS the worlds best striker, I still see people saying Lewandowski is better LOL, the truth is, if Kane played for any of Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United, Barca, Madrid etc he would be considered the worlds best but because he plays for spurs he is always talked about as if he still has some way to go to prove it.

Nobody is even comparable to him.

Yup although our young lion has only just lost his milk teeth... Aguero is well on his way to dentures

He isn't one of the worlds best strikers, he IS the worlds best striker, I still see people saying Lewandowski is better LOL, the truth is, if Kane played for any of Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United, Barca, Madrid etc he would be considered the worlds best but because he plays for spurs he is always talked about as if he still has some way to go to prove it.

Nobody is even comparable to him.

At a stretch Suarez MAY be better.

But he's on the decline and if you gave me the choice to swap a 25 year old man who's not even at his peak for someone approaching 32 years old, I wouldn't take it.

I don't think the likes of Lewandowski or Cavani are better though. They're both excellent finishers in great teams but Kane's overall game is superior to both

At a stretch Suarez MAY be better.

But he's on the decline and if you gave me the choice to swap a 25 year old man who's not even at his peak for someone approaching 32 years old, I wouldn't take it.

I don't think the likes of Lewandowski or Cavani are better though. They're both excellent finishers in great teams but Kane's overall game is superior to both

I don't think Suarez is even statistically comparable to Kane tbh mate, he's a great striker but Kane is just a level above him in terms of putting the ball in the onion bag, which really is the sole job of a striker tbh.

I don't think Suarez is even statistically comparable to Kane tbh mate, he's a great striker but Kane is just a level above him in terms of putting the ball in the onion bag, which really is the sole job of a striker tbh.

164 goals in 220 games is pretty ridiculous to be fair.

Only Messi was involved in more goals than Suarez last year. He was level with Ronaldo.

But he plays for Barcelona, one of the best teams in the world and it'd be pretty ridiculous if as a striker in that team you WEREN'T scoring a load of goals.

Wouldn't trade Kane for anyone in the world, simply because of what he brings to us overall and his age combined

Last edited:
At some point in the future Harry is going to have a bit of a dry spell. For him that might mean only scoring in 3 games out of 10. It's inevitable this will happen.

So I'd just like to get out in front of any nutjobs who start to wonder whether he is losing it or ever was really good, that you need to take a deep breath and trust in God. Because Harry is God. He is just unbelievably good. This is a very special time for a team to have a home grown best-in-world player at the peak of his game. (so far)
he used to have one each year. called august.
dealt with that this year too

Didn't look comfortable at the final whistle at all.

Hopefully it's nothing and he gets a weeks rest - I'm not ENTIRELY bothered about Kane missing the odd game here and there. I've provided facts that tell the story about how clinical we are without Kane but we will need him for the second leg against Chelsea.

Here comes all the pundits and media saying how we're going to struggle without Kane without doing their research.

Back
Top Bottom