Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most of his critics were predicting a tour de force from him today. Games against the likes of Bournemouth, Southampton and Brighton at home are where most of his big performances over the past two years have been. He was exceptional today. I’d be hoping for more of the same when Liverpool come visiting on 11 January.
I remember a performance from him away at Anfield he was great got us a point. He was brilliant at Old Trafford a year ago. There's an utterly false narrative that he doesn't perform against top teams. The entirety of his career not the injury ravaged last year and a half some seem desperate to use to define him. Still a glorious player for two years he was a definitively world class player. I say this whilst acknowledging he is short of what he was.

I remember a performance from him away at Anfield he was great got us a point. He was brilliant at Old Trafford a year ago. There's an utterly false narrative that he doesn't perform against top teams. The entirety of his career not the injury ravaged last year and a half some seem desperate to use to define him. Still a glorious player for two years he was a definitively world class player. I say this whilst acknowledging he is short of what he was.
He's still world class. Just, for a while there he was starting to put up Messi/Ronaldo-level scoring stats.

Took a Liverpool fanatic to a game a few months ago (5-0 vs Red Star)
He left saying "that's the most complete forward I've ever seen"

Let's face it, a liverpool fan would normally rank their worst players as better than anyone else best, so that's a hell of a statement.

Kane does so much that the average MOTD fan has no idea about. So much they don't realise most other forwards can't even do in their dreams.

That highlight clip above is good. There was one but missing though, 2and half, ball was drifting out of play towards the away fans. He sprinted the width of the pitch, chased the defender down, got the ball and kept the attack going. No one else was moving. The defender was gonna let it go out.

He
He's still world class. Just, for a while there he was starting to put up Messi/Ronaldo-level scoring stats.

He is a truly great all round player and if he can get anywhere near Shearer’s or Greaves’ goals totals then it will be a fantastic achievement- one of the issues with VAR is that lots of goals are now ruled out that would have been given in the days of Greaves and Shearer so Kane’s task is even harder

This popped up on my Twitter.

Just shows how good Kane really is. Only 5 players in the last 16 years have had better single calendar years in terms of goal inolvolvement than him.

And within that time only two players (the two best footballers of the last decade) have scored more in a single year.

What's the point of the poll anyway when Kane is a million times better than the other two? All it would have done had just Spurs fans voted, is mug off both Defoe and Crouch on <5% each when they served us well. I hate social media.

Just shows how good Kane really is. Only 5 players in the last 16 years have had better single calendar years in terms of goal inolvolvement than him.

And within that time only two players (the two best footballers of the last decade) have scored more in a single year.

Yeah, but he's actually shit, apparently...as long as you take away one of his strengths.

He may (=probably will) become our 2nd highest goalscorer of all time this season.
Bobby Smith's goals to game ratio was phenomenal-Harry's is better.

AppsGoals
GREAVES379266
SMITH317208
KANE276180

Imagine those three up front!

Those seasons, though... wow. Messi and Ronaldo.

113 goals in 2012? That has to be an error.

Back
Top Bottom