Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazes me that people want back up for Kane but still can’t admit when he’s shit and needs hauling off
I’ve always said when it was the case. For me, Kane’s been poor for most of the 2019 compared to his previous years. I don’t know why is that - lack of motivation, poor systems, fear of injuries, fatigue? This year he’s not done anything to validate that world class tag he’s slapped onto his name. Except people will post some brain storming stats of his goal record but we both know he’s not been the old him for some time now.

I’ve always said when it was the case. For me, Kane’s been poor for most of the 2019 compared to his previous years. I don’t know why is that - lack of motivation, poor systems, fear of injuries, fatigue? This year he’s not done anything to validate that world class tag he’s slapped onto his name. Except people will post some brain storming stats of his goal record but we both know he’s not been the old him for some time now.

Almost certainly system.

People always say Kane isn't as good as he was in 2017... Reality check is, neither are Tottenham.

That isn't a coincidence. That's simply us as a club stagnating in terms of our squad and our overall play. This hinders our best players. Dele isn't performing as well. Eriksen isn't performing as well. It's clear Vertonghen and Alderweireld aren't. Dier no longer has Dembele carrying him etc.

Kane performs perfectly well for England where's he's supported and has the service a player of his ability requires.

Amazes me that people want back up for Kane but still can’t admit when he’s shit and needs hauling off

Because even when he's not doing much, he's perceived as the best option we have.

There were no strikers on the bench. No point hauling him off, if you can't replace him.

Want to see Parrott on the bench, and then I'd be ok with taking Kane off, as at least there's a striker who can come on.

Because even when he's not doing much, he's perceived as the best option we have.

There were no strikers on the bench. No point hauling him off, if you can't replace him.

Want to see Parrott on the bench, and then I'd be ok with taking Kane off, as at least there's a striker who can come on.
Kane goal hanging for a team that isn’t crossing the halfway line more pointless than playing Lamela or Moura as a striker so I’d have happily tried that

Last edited:
Can goal hanging for a team that isn’t crossing the halfway line more pointless than playing Lamela or Moura as a striker so I’d have happily tried that

Ok - but then the problem is more that we aren't crossing the halfway line. So maybe the issue is somewhere deeper and not exactly that Kane is on the pitch.

Ok - but then the problem is more that we aren't crossing the halfway line. So maybe the issue is somewhere deeper and not exactly that Kane is on the pitch.

Kane used to drop deep and make things happen, like Defoe would.
He would lead from the front, now he plays most games in limp mode as a passenger.

Great when the midfield is ticking over yet utterly redundant when it’s not.
Quite simply, he needs to pull his socks up along with Dele.
Stick Bale and Dybala in this attack instead of those two and we could play with no striker at all and tear teams to shreds.

Kane’s goals and his performances on good days are undeniable and it makes the question of benching him touchy.....but no one can complain about how poor we are if they are happy to accept poor performances from our best players

Last edited:
Kane is not a battering ram where he is used to bish bash CH's & win the header, But that's how Jose is playing him,
I said after the first couple of games that Kane will become fed up playing that way, and maybe that is the problem now, he just does not feel happy playing Jose's way

Kane is not a battering ram where he is used to bish bash CH's & win the header, But that's how Jose is playing him,
I said after the first couple of games that Kane will become fed up playing that way, and maybe that is the problem now, he just does not feel happy playing Jose's way

And how was he used before? Oh that’s right, as a striker.

Kane used to drop deep and make things happen, like Defoe would.
He would lead from the front, now he plays most games in limp mode as a passenger.

Great when the midfield is ticking over yet utterly redundant when it’s not.
Quite simply, he needs to pull his socks up along with Dele.
Stick Bale and Dybala in this attack instead of those two and we could play with no striker at all and tear teams to shreds.

Kane’s goals and his performances on good days are undeniable and it makes the question of benching him touchy.....but no one can complain about how poor we are if they are happy to accept poor performances from our best played.

Fair point - shows that there are multiple issues which need to be tackled though.

- We need a midfield, which ticks over, in order to give players like Kane a platform to perform to their best
- We need alternatives up top, who we are going to trust to put in a shift, if plan A with Kane isn't working (whether down to him not being fit, or the midfield not performing)
- We need alternatives, who can step in for Kane while playing according to plan A, when this is working, so that we're not reliant on him playing 90 mins every game

Back
Top Bottom