Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope so too - but somehow I can't see it happening. Wasn't even on the bench against Southampton, so clearly not trusted to even come on for 20 mins at the end of a match.
I can't see it either.

Parrot should get a game at the weekend against 'boro. Interesting to see how he performs against Champioship defenders.

Not replacing Llorente verged on madness - as we see now.

I can't see it either.

Parrot should get a game at the weekend against 'boro. Interesting to see how he performs against Champioship defenders.

Not replacing Llorente verged on madness - as we see now.

Not giving Parrot a shot in matches which are completely irrelevant (e.g. Bayern away) is madness.

I think we'll be seeing Son and Moura up front until Kane is back. Parrott won't get a chance.

Not giving Parrot a shot in matches which are completely irrelevant (e.g. Bayern away) is madness.

I think we'll be seeing Son and Moura up front until Kane is back. Parrott won't get a chance.
The problem with Bayern away is that we could have got tonked again and that affects players confidence, especially inexperienced youngsters. Not to mention, he might not have got a touch!

The problem with Bayern away is that we could have got tonked again and that affects players confidence, especially inexperienced youngsters. Not to mention, he might not have got a touch!

You've got to give him a chance at some point. Because otherwise, when these situations come along, he's not trusted to sit on the bench vs. Southampton, where he could come on as a 65th min sub for an injured Harry Kane.

Gareth Bale didn't manage to get a win in his first 24 matches at Spurs - didn't turn out so badly.

Are you sure? When he plays alongside Rashford and Sterling and fed by Barclay, Henderson TAA and Stillwell, he looks pretty good to me.

I agree he's not as stellar as a couple of seasons ago, but the service he receives now is shocking, causing him to drop back into midfield in search of the ball. Personally I think he should be our furthest forward player, scoring and not creating for others. The recurrent ankle problems can't be helping either.

Anyway, he's currently our only player who would get anywhere near the Scousers, Leicester or City teams.
Nah Son would get in at least two of them sides. And Klopp would beat the petulance out of him.

You've got to give him a chance at some point. Because otherwise, when these situations come along, he's not trusted to sit on the bench vs. Southampton, where he could come on as a 65th min sub for an injured Harry Kane.

Gareth Bale didn't manage to get a win in his first 24 matches at Spurs - didn't turn out so badly.

We should have done better at Colchester, then Parrot etc should have got more game time.

Can't see it myself.

Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gray, Vardy, Maddison, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, Aguero.

Not exact like-for-like comparisons, but Son wouldn't replace any of the above (Gray maybe?)
Nah. Son's definitely better and more experienced than Gray and Maddison. And he's not a centre forward so it's not a fair comparison on either side, but most would rate him over Vardy and Jesus. He's on a similar level to all the others except maybe Aguero who is clearly one of the best players of the past decade.
His only real weakness is his temperament.

I've a feeling that we'll see Parrott versus Middlesboro.

I agree that Son, Lucas and Dele will fill in for Kane while he's recovering.

Nah. Son's definitely better and more experienced than Gray and Maddison. And he's not a centre forward so it's not a fair comparison on either side, but most would rate him over Vardy and Jesus. He's on a similar level to all the others except maybe Aguero who is clearly one of the best players of the past decade.
His only real weakness is his temperament.
I'm not sure I'd agree. I don't think it's his temperament, but one of consistency. He can destroy a team one week and then disappear for three weeks.

As I said it's not a direct like-for-like comparison, but in my view you'd need to make a strong case for preferring him to any of the above (except maybe Gray)

I'm not sure I'd agree. I don't think it's his temperament, but one of consistency. He can destroy a team one week and then disappear for three weeks.

As I said it's not a direct like-for-like comparison, but in my view you'd need to make a strong case for preferring him to any of the above (except maybe Gray)
He does appear inconsistent, that's true. But it's hard to isolate whether that's purely him, or the opposition and the teammates around him causing it.
Currently his main problem is the lack of quality full back and midfield support, so he's not getting the best service and having to cover the wings more than he ideally would. Swap him into Mane's place, with Klopp's tactics and the likes of Robertson and Milner behind him, and Sonny would look even better.

(just for the awkward ones out there, no I don't think we should sell him to Liverpool)

No interest in stats, I trust my eyes.

Firmino every time (I'm afraid!). I now need to take a shower to wash off what I've just said!

I'd have (maybe) accepted Son over Gray, but not Firmino!
He's so much better than Maddison grey I dont know where to start...he's also better than Jesus and on par with Vardy. But that's the great thing about football its all opinions. I pretty Sure Rodgers and Pep would do those swaps.

Back
Top Bottom