Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on now Baz, everyone knows Wisbech is in Cambridgeshire.
It’s East of Peterboro
That’ll do me mate but ok for Wisbech I will raise you Swaffham !!

Season 5 Thanksgiving GIF by Friends

I rate his potential, see several matches for us and England before. He has a lot of qualities. Not sure if he can cut it at Spurs level, but I haven't given him up yet. If you disregard my opinion because of that, then feel free.
I don't disregard your opinion, as your obviously right that he can't cut it at Spurs.

“Every time I get the opportunity for England, I love it. It's a great place to play football here, it’s free and the lads get on really well, it's a great place to come to. I want to be a part of that in the Euros and I want to be in the starting XI in the Euros as well. But, yes, it's important that back at Tottenham I get the opportunities there and I stay in the team there as well.

Dangerous territory for Winks here.

I presume he is talking about making the most of his opportunities - and not that he simply should be given more opportunities (which would be a direct message to Spurs manager) -, but he is not in a good place to say it, as The Telegraph´s piece starts by claiming he could leave Spurs in January - "Winks could look at his circumstances", etc. In any case, he seems too relaxed for a player who deservedly lost his place here. It´s important to remember that Winks had plenty of opportunities to prove himself under Jose - he started this season as a first team player, and then lost his position to Sissoko.

In short, I don´t think he should be speaking much about anything at this moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom