Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't rate him, that's all.

His absolute best is not even enough to be a squad player here.

Think he will do well at Brighton, that's just about his level.
The amount of games he has played for us would prove you are completely wrong in suggesting he is not good enough to be a squad player for us

The amount of games he has played for us would prove you are completely wrong in suggesting he is not good enough to be a squad player for us
- A Tottenham that is happy to be in europa league, Harry Winks is good enough to be a squad player.

- A Tottenham that has ambitions to win biggest trophies, Harry Winks has no business being at this football club

- You disagree with this, you're a fucking clown that knows fuckall about football

- A Tottenham that is happy to be in europa league, Harry Winks is good enough to be a squad player.

- A Tottenham that has ambitions to win biggest trophies, Harry Winks has no business being at this football club

- You disagree with this, you're a fucking clown that knows fuckall about football
😂😂 you show on a daily basis how little you know about football little boy. Be careful with the swearing some people might start swearing back and you will start crying again

Last edited:
The problem with Winks for me is that he kept fucking up when the chips were down.

Lots of players can over perform when the team around them are doing well. That's fine for where we were. My avatar picture is from one of my most enjoyable moments at a Spurs game where Winks played great - which I wont forget.

Unfortunately I don't believe he is in that really top tier of player we need cemented on a midfield spot - but I'm always open to being proven wrong!

Would like him to stay as a squad player, though I'm not sure that's enough for him.

The problem with Winks for me is that he kept fucking up when the chips were down.

Lots of players can over perform when the team around them are doing well. That's fine for where we were. My avatar picture is from one of my most enjoyable moments at a Spurs game where Winks played great - which I wont forget.

Unfortunately I don't believe he is in that really top tier of player we need cemented on a midfield spot - but I'm always open to being proven wrong!

Would like him to stay as a squad player, though I'm not sure that's enough for him.
Yet you seem to rate Dele?

Eh?

How quickly Spurs fans forget.

Xmas 2018-19 he and Sissoko played game after game after game after game to get us through that period almost double-handedly.
Yeah he started when Wolves beat us 1-3 at home didn't he.
Also the Burnley game where our season collapsed - and quite a few other games after that point.
In our most recent spell of terrible form, Winks was on the field giving up possession like he was part of a dodgy betting syndicate.

He has had good games for sure I wont deny that - but he isn't the sort of player that will lead by example, pick the team up or give us a lift when we badly need it from what I see.

I like the lad and hope he does well and stays at Spurs.

That's what I had to say about Dele before. A few things have changed since then but ultimately I see a kid with bags of potential but an attitude I don't really like.

I thought the loan move would be good for him and us. Perhaps he can just work on his attitude at Hotspur way instead.
This is what you said about Dele this morning.

Doesn't warrant a start against Chelsea but it's encouraging to see how he played tonight. Does deserve to be in the match day squad though.

Why do feel Dele deserves a shot after being shit for 2 years, yet Winks doesn't?

Yeah he started when Wolves beat us 1-3 at home didn't he.
Also the Burnley game where our season collapsed - and quite a few other games after that point.
In our most recent spell of terrible form, Winks was on the field giving up possession like he was part of a dodgy betting syndicate.

He has had good games for sure I wont deny that - but he isn't the sort of player that will lead by example, pick the team up or give us a lift when we badly need it from what I see.

I like the lad and hope he does well and stays at Spurs.
Interesting interpretation considering Nov-Dec-Jan our record was Played 14, Won 12, Lost 2.

This is what you said about Dele this morning.

Why do feel Dele deserves a shot after being shit for 2 years, yet Winks doesn't?

I think Dele and Winks compete for different positions to be honest.
Dele played well enough yesterday for a spot on the bench for me.
With 7 subs I would want cover for,
gk, full back, cb, dm, am, wide man, st

Winks falls into the dm/cm category for me, and Dele attacking mid. But both should be on the bench against Chelsea, and neither starting imo.

Back
Top Bottom