Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent enough game, so fair play. He made a few forward passes with some urgency and zip. Still needs to be upgraded at the earliest convenience though.

Our current Club trained players - Kane, Winks, Bale, Whiteman
Other HG players - Dele, Hart, Clarke (& one vacancy)

So the 'earliest convenience' might be some time until we have a more full quota of HG players

Thought he was good today. Few interceptions. Tackles going in. Looking forward to play the ball.
Was pressing very well, doing what PEH normally dose without the ball, he was quickly into Leeds players, though I thought he wasn't as effective at this in the 2nd half (nor was PEH - both were by-passed more. Not sure why but will guess it's fatigue?? Still very good though).

Yeah they destroyed him today eh.....I bet their fans are well happy
oh dear, another one who just doesnt get it. yea winks beat leeds today, hed walk right into their side playing that open expansive game wouldnt he
comedy wow GIF by Karsten Torebjer

we were not playing a counter attacking game and whatever your stats say our game was about doing things with the ball, hence looking more dangerous on ball.
Not my stats they’re are the stats from the game.
You said Winks played well because hes better when we have more possession.

We didn’t though

I thought he had a decent enough game today. There was a moment in the first half though where I had my head in my hands. He made a fantastic interception, but then promptly misplaced his pass and gave them the ball back. He'd done all the hard work in gaining possession then messed up the easy bit. :mourfacepalm:

I thought he had a decent enough game today. There was a moment in the first half though where I had my head in my hands. He made a fantastic interception, but then promptly misplaced his pass and gave them the ball back. He'd done all the hard work in gaining possession then messed up the easy bit. :mourfacepalm:
Had another in the second half too. Made a superb sliding interception, sprang back to his feet and proceeded to twat the ball ten yards over the bar. Made the interception though.

He was anonymous for the most part.
Which is actually an improvement on being heavily involved in slowing down play and restricting opportunities.

But we won handsomely so that's nice.

Your prejudice is clouding your judgment
1 game where he's not spectacularly irritating doesn't suddenly mean he gets back in my good books.
There's the unknown quality of not knowing if it could actually have been better with someone else as well.

People hate on Sissoko after he puts in decent, useful performances. That's just how fans are.

Had another in the second half too. Made a superb sliding interception, sprang back to his feet and proceeded to twat the ball ten yards over the bar. Made the interception though.
When this is the highlight of his entire performance - we both know he's a truly average footballer / central midfielder. And now that he's made it clear he won't accept a squad role it is best for both parties to move on the summer and give Skipp a chance. He also got a few pity England caps so we can prob get 17-19m for him due to age

Last edited:
Simply put, if he wasn't a youth player and a fan, any support would have gone years ago.
I remember how quickly fans fell in and then out of love with Lewis Holtby and he was a better player at a younger age.

I thought he had a very decent game vs Leeds. It seems he is asked to run around and chase a bit more, less of the tippy tappy sideways stuff, suits him rather well. We know he can pass the easy 5 yard passes, but I like him to chase down players and be more box-to-box. I hope his form continues..

He's at an age now, where he needs to listen to whoever his coach is, especially one as experienced as Mourinho and take everything on-board.
If it's a shit sandwich type comment then listen to the bad bits and be grateful for the good bits.
By the time a player is 24/25 they need to be all-but-there as a player IMO.

Winks was directly involved in 2 of the 3 goals so he deserves us to get of his back for a week at least
He was really good at the weekend. The West Ham game really put me in a mood with Winks, not any specific individual error but his inability to provide a physical presence in midfield against the likes of Soucek and Rice. Hopefully he's got his confidence back and keeps playing well.

He was really good at the weekend. The West Ham game really put me in a mood with Winks, not any specific individual error but his inability to provide a physical presence in midfield against the likes of Soucek and Rice. Hopefully he's got his confidence back and keeps playing well.
He seems the sort of guy /player that you can coach and ask to adapt to different roles and he will take it in and try it, but he needs to be consistent.

Back
Top Bottom