Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Henderson at the same age as winks was bought by Liverpool for an obsecne amount of money - and look at what he means to pool fans now. In my opinion Harry is better at this age than what Henderson was. I will always back Skipp and I rate him a lot, but ATM it's very clear that physically he's got less, and he's definitely less proven. Winks was just as highly rated at the same age. I'd rather have winks pushing for a starting spot than a xhaka or a 29 year old jorginho! Or a Fred for that matter!
What are you on about, Henderson was 21 when he signed for Liverpool. Winks is almost 25. At 25 Henderson was made the Liverpool captain. Winks can barely make the first-team squad and if we had better options he definitely wouldn't make it.

You might like Winks but don't make up rubbish to support yourself.

What are you on about, Henderson was 21 when he signed for Liverpool. Winks is almost 25. At 25 Henderson was made the Liverpool captain. Winks can barely make the first-team squad and if we had better options he definitely wouldn't make it.

You might like Winks but don't make up rubbish to support yourself.
I may not completely fact check my posts before making them but the similarities are there for everyone to see. Which was essentially my original point. Other than a decrepency of 3 years and the added bonus of costing the club exactly nothing there is very little. Thanks for actually using wiki for me though - appreciate it ☺️

Balague is pushing reports on twitter about a loan deal to Valencia. He also appears to be spouting some bollocks...Winks has been involved plenty recently and we need depth more than ever....

Balague was a Pep lover, loved Poch too....don't think he likes Mourinho.

Balague is pushing reports on twitter about a loan deal to Valencia. He also appears to be spouting some bollocks...Winks has been involved plenty recently and we need depth more than ever....

Balague was only ever good for Barcelona news, not so much anymore.

Winks to Valencia is about as random as it gets, so there might be some truth to it.,

Let him go for the sake of his career - he's finished here and will only ever be a fringe player. La Liga would suit him well - not as well as Serie A but still a good environment

Last edited:
If you listed our 25 man squad in order they would be released/sold I think Harry Winks is going to be closer to number 1 than number 25.............
I think Mourinho really likes him.

Mou's also a realist. He knows quality isn't always going to be there with Winks, so he's quite expendable.......if a replacement comes.

I think Mourinho really likes him.

Mou's also a realist. He knows quality isn't always going to be there with Winks, so he's quite expendable.......if a replacement comes.

Yep. He’s played for less than a 1/3 of the minutes available in the league to date. Most coming in the last month as fixtures get congested.

I think it’s safe to say he’s not one of the first names on the team sheet which means he’s expendable at the right price.

We keep being linked with other CMs too. Never sure how much of that is pure rumour / bs.

Don't see Winks being allowed to leave, or even wanting to leave. Has played well recently and looks to have a decent chance of silverware this season, he'll play loads of games before the season is out.

Also, Winks has been playing a lot lately. Not surprised if he gets another one on Wednesday. The situation is not the same as 4-6 weeks ago.

With the amount of games we have left I think he will have enough match time.

Also, Winks has been playing a lot lately. Not surprised if he gets another one on Wednesday. The situation is not the same as 4-6 weeks ago.

With the amount of games we have left I think he will have enough match time.

He’s playing due to lo celso injury. Mourinho said winks himself wasn’t happy with his playing time - lucky for him Gio got injured really. But that’s football.

But if gio gets fully fit again who’s going to miss out.... and also will we continue to be linked to sabitzer?

Winks will be 25 next month.

Top players are well established by this point and are, in fact, usually entering the peak spell of their careers.

I just don't think he's good enough and I don't think he ever will be.

Has he actually come on as a player at all in the last 2 to 3 years?

What could we expect to get for him if we sold him?

I'd definitely take £30 million (in fact, I'd be delighted with that) and use that towards strengthening the squad.

I'll be surprised if he goes any time soon. He's a useful squad player and I can't think of any suitable home grown replacements we'd be able to get in this window.

If we send Winks to Valencia. If we take Musah in return, we dont have a HG issue as Musah spent most of his youth in England and has represented England at 4 youth levels.

Done this at the weekend:

Back
Top Bottom