Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need players for the squad that come in and do a reasonable job in the easier cup matches and for injury cover. I would not want these spaces to be taken up by an overseas player and Winks fits the bill as long as we have better players to start. Therefore Sissoko goes first.

We need players for the squad that come in and do a reasonable job in the easier cup matches and for injury cover. I would not want these spaces to be taken up by an overseas player and Winks fits the bill as long as we have better players to start. Therefore Sissoko goes first.
Winks does not do a reasonable job though. His shitness versus zagreb was next level disgusting.

Last edited:

For me Winks doesn't fit the bill though, he's just not good enough. I'd rather we ship out both Winks and Sissoko and fill any gaps in the squad with hungry youngsters from the U23 squad.

Winks does not do a reasonable job though. His shitess versus zagreb was next level disgusting.

Jose's system did not suit his style of play. It also didn't suit Lo Celso, Ndombele, Alli, Lamela. Does it mean they are all awful players? Son's form fell off a cliff once Jose's formation was figured out - does that mean Son is crap too?

Jose's philosophy was to let the other team have the ball and to maintain a defensive shape. Don't press the ball, sit back and wait for the other team to make a mistake and catch them out of position during the transition.

Sissoko was one of our squad that was open and said that a number of players were struggling under the system as it was very difference to how they played under Pochettino and they weren't adapting.

Under Poch we preferred to control the game. Keep hold of the ball, but take little risks. Build attacks slowly and focus on recovering the ball quickly. Poch's system failed as the fitness of the squad dropped with age. We often conceded shortly after substitutions, and when we lost possession of the ball during our attack formation we were too slow to get back into defensive shape.

Let's see how Nuno sets up before writing off our players.

Jose's system did not suit his style of play. It also didn't suit Lo Celso, Ndombele, Alli, Lamela. Does it mean they are all awful players? Son's form fell off a cliff once Jose's formation was figured out - does that mean Son is crap too?

Jose's philosophy was to let the other team have the ball and to maintain a defensive shape. Don't press the ball, sit back and wait for the other team to make a mistake and catch them out of position during the transition.

Sissoko was one of our squad that was open and said that a number of players were struggling under the system as it was very difference to how they played under Pochettino and they weren't adapting.

Under Poch we preferred to control the game. Keep hold of the ball, but take little risks. Build attacks slowly and focus on recovering the ball quickly. Poch's system failed as the fitness of the squad dropped with age. We often conceded shortly after substitutions, and when we lost possession of the ball during our attack formation we were too slow to get back into defensive shape.

It doesn't really matter what system we play, a poor player is a poor player. Even when we were playing on the front foot and had possession Winks was poor.
As with Dele who's decline also started under Poch I have no doubt that if they went to another club they'd probably shine, but if we're planning on challenging for top 4 and cups they need to go. They've been here too long and it's time for a refresh. We can't keep hanging on to poorer players out of some sense of loyality or hope that they come good next season.

It’s not about Jose it’s about Winks

He once showed promise but hasn’t moved on

Get rid

Antwerp.

Not long after Ali Gold is writing about Winksy being open to a move to Spain in January and post transfer window there are unhappy squad reports left and right.

Thankfully he isn't as stupid as Jenas and Rose. FWIW I don't believe that stuff about what his family member said on SC.

Roughly what was said on SC, mate?

Antwerp.

Not long after Ali Gold is writing about Winksy being open to a move to Spain in January and post transfer window there are unhappy squad reports left and right.

Thankfully he isn't as stupid as Jenas and Rose. FWIW I don't believe that stuff about what his family member said on SC.
What was this?

I wouldn't be shocked to discover that SC had created an account pretending to be a family member of his (Barry Winks??) to garner those precious clicks...

Roughly what was said on SC, mate?

It was pretty cringe, mate. I know his body language has stunk this season but this is...something special.

It was pretty cringe, mate. I know his body language has stunk this season but this is...something special.

Right, so bypassing all the chaff.... Winks is a "rat" "cunt" etc. because he wants/thinks he needs to be playing more and once had a strop after being subbed......

Amazing what crap people will peddle for the sake of having a dig at a player or manager they don't rate.

Ionman34 can be consigned to the ITK talking bollocks bin along with Hercules and Trix.

Right, so bypassing all the chaff.... Winks is a "rat" "cunt" etc. because he wants/thinks he needs to be playing more and once had a strop after being subbed......

Amazing what crap people will peddle for the sake of having a dig at a player or manager they don't rate.

He is a rat for going to the press. Much like Rose and Jenas did and they copped the same accusations.

I never called that rat a cunt however.

:mourhandlaugh:

Ionman34 can be consigned to the ITK talking bollocks bin along with Hercules and Trix.

Didn't he/she join up here recently?

What a load of toxic rubbish.... Seriously; as ridiculous as the AFTV types & Gooner melts got during the peak Wenger out era; some of our fans are stooping to their own special lows the way they're so eager to shit-talk the club and players.

Back
Top Bottom