Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks has been with the club for 20 years, since he was 5 years old. GTFO with this 'get out of my club' BS. It is HIS CLUB, not yours.

Sure; Harry wasn't part of Mourinho's plans since we didn't play possession based football under Mourinho. But under Poch he was growing into a very good player and was pushing his way into the England team.

With transfer rumours linking him to City, United, Villa - he is not a shit player; but he is limited to playing in a possession passing based system - rather than kick and run.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if Barca took him on as part of their wage bill reduction.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said "When we talk about midfielders – because you like to use Spanish midfielders like Xavi and (Andres) Iniesta – he's like this type of player"

Ex-England and Spurs midfielder Danny Murphy said in September 2018 that the England team should be built around Winks, citing his performance for Tottenham against Real Madrid in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League group stage as evidence.

Pep Guardiola is believed to be a massive fan of Winks. The report claims that Guardiola is a ‘serious admirer’ of Winks and that should come as no surprise.

Jo Cole - “He’s one of those players who is like a Carrick, a players’ player. You appreciate him and the fans might think what he's doing is simple, but he always receives it away from the player and his passes are crisp. I think he’s going to go on and have a great career.”

Yea... And Klopp said that "Lallana is most talented player he has worked with" somewhere.

Yet somehow his contract ran down and best that would take him was Brighton. You can tell me - which is more telling - either when someone says something about player without any liability or the fact which club will actually come and take the player (and for what terms).

Managers, pundits, etc speak shit quite often. And it's not like it was Mou issue. Whoever said that England team should be built around him has no say cause he is out of England squad, and this could remain so for forseeable future.

I agree with you to that extent - Winks is not our biggest issue. From CM department Sissoko should go much...much before Winks, cause he also takes up a foreign player spot, he is older, on higher wage and has even more shocking skillset.

Why is he a rat?

No-one'a explained this properly when I've asked before.....

You won't a get a response, well not a measured one anyway.

It would be nice to see a response from certain individuals as to why they don't feel a player suits our system or maybe a tactical analysis stating where they think a player could improve his game but no, it's all "Wage thief", "Agent of Levy", "Mason's Rat", blah blah blah.

The whole premise of this forum is "love the shirt" unfortunately that's been missed by many of the playground bullies on here and they would rather throw stones and call people names as it suits their agenda.

It would be nice to see a response from certain individuals as to why they don't feel a player suits our system or maybe a tactical analysis stating where they think a player could improve his game but no, it's all "Wage thief", "Agent of Levy", "Mason's Rat", blah blah blah.

The whole premise of this forum is "love the shirt" unfortunately that's been missed by many of the playground bullies on here and they would rather throw stones and call people names as it suits their agenda.
What tactical analysis do you want over and above watching the last 2 seasons of him hiding time and time again?

He's not good enough for us - simple as. Let him move on - best for both parties involved. Claiming anyone is a cunt of a fan for seeing that is laughable. No one has said he hates him other than the time he ratted out on 2 managers of course to the media.

What tactical analysis do you want over and above watching the last 2 seasons of him hiding time and time again?

He's not good enough for us - simple as. Let him move on - best for both parties involved. Claiming anyone is a cunt of a fan for seeing that is laughable. No one has said he hates him other than the time he ratted out on 2 managers of course to the media.

ARCSPACE HAS SPOKEN

uYscOAS.gif

Winks has been with the club for 20 years, since he was 5 years old. GTFO with this 'get out of my club' BS. It is HIS CLUB, not yours.

Sure; Harry wasn't part of Mourinho's plans since we didn't play possession based football under Mourinho. But under Poch he was growing into a very good player and was pushing his way into the England team.

With transfer rumours linking him to City, United, Villa - he is not a shit player; but he is limited to playing in a possession passing based system - rather than kick and run.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if Barca took him on as part of their wage bill reduction.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said "When we talk about midfielders – because you like to use Spanish midfielders like Xavi and (Andres) Iniesta – he's like this type of player"

Ex-England and Spurs midfielder Danny Murphy said in September 2018 that the England team should be built around Winks, citing his performance for Tottenham against Real Madrid in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League group stage as evidence.

Pep Guardiola is believed to be a massive fan of Winks. The report claims that Guardiola is a ‘serious admirer’ of Winks and that should come as no surprise.

Jo Cole - “He’s one of those players who is like a Carrick, a players’ player. You appreciate him and the fans might think what he's doing is simple, but he always receives it away from the player and his passes are crisp. I think he’s going to go on and have a great career.”
Transfer rumours are that rumours started by people itk. We all know what theyre like.
Barca - youre joking.
He said hes like these type of players.hes Not these type of players. Poch was obviously trying to boost his confidence because to compare winks to iniesta and xavi is a fucking joke.
Danny murphy saying that after 1 good performance is typical of the knee jerk reactions pundits have when players have a good performance especially young england players. They get blown up.
Im sure any interest pep had in him was ended after his league cup final horror show

He’s definitely going through a tougher period but I find that it is always interesting when actual footballers make comments like that. All this hate for a Spurs player that came through the club since he was 5....
I dont agree with the hate. I just dont think hes good enough and needs to be moved on. Id like to see him do well at another club but i dont think hell do anything with us

I suggest going back to watch the Leicester game at the end of the season. Away to Leicester, fighting to get top 4. We controlled the game and thrashed them.

2nd most touches of the ball (Behind Doherty). **
2nd most Most tackles (behind Doherty). **
Most interceptions.
2nd most passes (behind pEH)
2nd most accurate crosses
Most accurate long balls
Ranked 4th (Bale, Doherty, Kane, Winks) by stats. **

** oh and Doherty is shit too right?

Not saying he was the greatest midfielder ever, but he did his job well; despite having not played regular football all season.

Who are the playground bullies?

Just have look at the highlights of him against Everton and tell me you want to keep him

Civil response from me so go on sell Winksyboy to me

Who are the playground bullies?

Just have look at the highlights of him against Everton and tell me you want to keep him

Civil response from me so go on sell Winksyboy to me

Where have I ever defended him Baz? I even agreed earlier in this thread that he should be sold.

What I don't agree with is a certain section of our fan base hating on him as an individual just because of his connections to Ryan Mason.

You're just jumping in on the back of me and Arcy having some flirtatious fun because your feeling brave. So put your beer down, and go and enjoy the England game.

I've pretty much served you your arse here, so I'm putting you on ignore.

See you later fella.

Where have I ever defended him Baz? I even agreed earlier in this thread that he should be sold.

What I don't agree with is a certain section of our fan base hating on him as an individual just because of his connections to Ryan Mason.

You're just jumping in on the back of me and Arcy having some flirtatious fun because your feeling brave. So put your beer down, and go and enjoy the England game.

I've pretty much served you your arse here, so I'm putting you on ignore.

See you later fella.
I was only 4th so thanks for your support but I wasn’t trying to start a ruck and appreciate your flirtatious fun and I have never said that I hated him

So fine put me on ignore

:dembelefingers:

Winks will do well at a lower club where he can get a fresh start.

Storming down the tunnel after being subbed is something I'd expect form peak Ronaldo. If he was all about the club which is being suggested here then he would at least stay on the bench and cheer on the lads much like Hart does. Doesn't help that hours later we have a combined effort from the gutter press about the players being unhappy with Jose. What a co-incidence.

At a team like Watford he will have less pressure and a point to prove. I think he'll do really well there and at least have a shot at putting himself forward for the world cup on the bench. If he stays then I hope Nuno keeps his arm nice and tight around his shoulders less he runs off down the tunnel again.

Winks will do well at a lower club where he can get a fresh start.

Storming down the tunnel after being subbed is something I'd expect form peak Ronaldo. If he was all about the club which is being suggested here then he would at least stay on the bench and cheer on the lads much like Hart does. Doesn't help that hours later we have a combined effort from the gutter press about the players being unhappy with Jose. What a co-incidence.

At a team like Watford he will have less pressure and a point to prove. I think he'll do really well there and at least have a shot at putting himself forward for the world cup on the bench. If he stays then I hope Nuno keeps his arm nice and tight around his shoulders less he runs off down the tunnel again.
Airfixx Airfixx

Back
Top Bottom