Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely unrelated question naturally, but do Sess and Skipp both tick the homegrown club train bollocks that only seem to impact us (much like Covid spending only impacted Clean Slate FC)?

Asking for a friend. 👀

Nuno will be on thin ice match one if he does what I think he is going to do and crowds are back.

It’s pretty sad when the whole fan base hates him when it’s really the managements fault for not moving him on way earlier.
Levy hamstrung Poch. Choosing between Winks or nobody to offer squad depth, unfortunately Poch made the wrong choice, and gave birth to this issue.

Mourinho came in and we just lack HG players to make a full squad that Mourinho prefers to push on all fronts.

Ultimately, the issue lies with Levy. He overprices even our shit players, thus getting us stuck with them. He doesn't back the managers enough, so they have no other options to work with. He opens his office door to players to overpass the managers. Players then get used to undermine the managers.

Last edited:
Completely unrelated question naturally, but do Sess and Skipp both tick the homegrown club train bollocks that only seem to impact us (much like Covid spending only impacted Clean Slate FC)?

Asking for a friend. 👀

Nuno will be on thin ice match one if he does what I think he is going to do and crowds are back.
Yep. If he starts with Winks and/or Sissoko he's going to be deeply unpopular from the word go.

If he does that vs City then I literally have no hope for the cunt
I have no hope. To be honest, the sooner he’s sacked the more pressure on Levy

it doesn’t matter who we sign, or who the manager is - under Levy, we ain’t winning shit. I’m ok with 8 consecutive defeats if it means Nuno is sacked, levy keels over and has to resign for health reasons - get out, be gone

After preseason last year , Mourinho came out and said Winks will have a big year. Turns out winks was still shit as usual. Mourinho found that out in the end but it was too late for him. If nuno gives him chances in games that are not friendlies, he will suffer the same fate.

There’s always one reason or another this bloke blags a game …. People go on about him being shit and in the same sentence admit to not minding him as a squad player

I don’t want him anywhere near the squad because somehow he gets minutes on the pitch

I don’t want to hate on him personally but as a footballer there is nothing I like about him

After preseason last year , Mourinho came out and said Winks will have a big year. Turns out winks was still shit as usual. Mourinho found that out in the end but it was too late for him. If nuno gives him chances in games that are not friendlies, he will suffer the same fate.
Yep. And yet ….. they’ll pick him. It’s like a sickness

it doesn’t matter who we sign, or who the manager is - under Levy, we ain’t winning shit. I’m ok with 8 consecutive defeats if it means Nuno is sacked, levy keels over and has to resign for health reasons - get out, be gone
I'm ok with 8 consecutive defeats?!?!
Why the fuck are you here? It's for SUPPORTERS!

Go away and take your negativity with you.

I'm ok with 8 consecutive defeats?!?!
Why the fuck are you here? It's for SUPPORTERS!

Go away and take your negativity with you.
Fuck off
After twenty years of ENIC and Levy, I couldn’t care less about this season - if we shit the bed and they are forced out, it’s a step forward for the club.

Fuck off
After twenty years of ENIC and Levy, I couldn’t care less about this season - if we shit the bed and they are forced out, it’s a step forward for the club.
So you're not a supporter then. Again, why are you here? Who wishes 8 consecutive losses on their own team? Hahahahaha.

Always with the aggression and the negativity. Go find something you do enjoy mate.
We will miss you...

I don't think their inclusion today tells us much about their planned usage once the season starts, but it does appear that Wanks, Alli and Dier are more likely to stay and that it is Sanchez, aurier and Sissoko that are being the most likely players to be pushed out.

I hope I am wrong and they are all gone but there seems to e little (credible) sources of the first 3 going out and more smoke around the latter 3.

There is no way Nuno can achieve anything with the current squad and Bale / Kane gone

A couple of decent passes today - one a 30 yard low hard pass from left midfield to Moura in central position who in turn slid in a forward pass to Scarlett who scored.

It was all about fitness today, but good to see this sort of move.

Back
Top Bottom