Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK all you Winks haters, stop now and show some respect. Winksy might not have been up to scratch but he did always give his all, he did have some really good appearances ( the 3-1 win at Wembley against Real Madrid springs to mind) and he is one of our own. So pipe down and show a bit of class instead of ignorance for once!

Winks was excellent against Leicester. He is not on the pitch to make Hollywood passes and dribbles.

His role is 2 fold

1. Cut out the passing lanes from oppositions midfield to attack - Winks has been excellent at this and reads the game brilliantly.

2. Receive the ball in congested areas and play the safe pass to relieve pressure and make room for our attackers. Winks has been an excellent calming influence on games. Slowing the opposition press and taking the pressure off.

Harry Spunks
giphy.gif

Honestly fair play to Winks. I don't care anymore he's getting my full credit and backing for good now.

He outlasted all the midfielders even when we fans were begging him to just go, he doubled down in the summer and refused to leave. Clearly loves the club.

I think it's time to put some respect on Harry Winks' name. He was apart of the 2 man midfield with sissoko that gave us some incredible nights, he's being selected by manager after manager and he held it together between him and sissoko while dembele and wanyama were regularly injured with no reinforcements coming for 2 windows

Conte, one of the best managers in the world has made it clear he prefers Winks in his team than he does Lo Celso, Ndombele and Alli. Jose picked him. Poch picked him (didn't have much choice to be fair)

ALL HAIL LORD WINKS

he said he was disappointed to not be playing regularly

cue the normal knobheads jumping in saying he's a judas, a shit stirrer etc etc

If he wasn't in the first team squad and had to do a regular job, he would be in the ground supporting the team, or on a site like this

And the standard "shit the club and all of its employees" cretins come on here and talk about him like he's not even sunday league standard. But now he's working for a manager who puts him on the pitch to do what he does best - we now have the ones who stuck by him saying there you go, thats what he can do

-and the, shithouse posters still can't give it up, and admit they were wrong.

He isn't a galactico, and we can probably find someone better - but can we afford to get them in? This guy is living our dream, pulling on the shirt, and doing the best he can, in whatever role he's given.

And still the muppets come on here and shit him, because he isn't Modric/Gazza/Hoddle/Pirlo

In the 90s we would have put a statue up for him and named a stand after him. Some of you have no idea how bad we were at times.

Makes me think twice about training my kid so he can wear our badge in about 15 years. Sucks knowing that if we succeed, if he works hard on his football on a daily basis for the next 1.5 decades, having already put in great effort for a few years now, and he becomes a one-in-ten-million quality player, even if he'd love the club, even if he'd been raised in and gone through the ranks of the club, "supporters" would find any opportunity to piss on him from every angle unless he'd play perfectly in every game (quite possibly even then). Modern day supporters, not all, but far too many, are quite simply scum.

Wonder if all our shit talking has tanked his prospects of a move from Spurs.
Brighton Chairman: I think we may be able to get Harry Winks from Spurs for a reasonable price ... you think he could do a job for us , Graham?

Potter: Hmm. Not sure about that. Have you seen what 'The Fighting Cock' boys have been saying about him?

I personally don't like the c word but it's so prevalent on this site, I have become a bit immune to it, in fact in some cases it's a term of endearment! Mind you I wouldn't like to be called it. To be fair the guys have always been respectful towards me in that respect, it would be like swearing at their mum
Neither do i MrsP, Chelsea is a filthy word and i would never use it. God forbid anyone would be abusive towards you, there would be a riot. x

A good 20 pages here slagging winks off after a lanzinis worldie..

A worldie.. Yes a goal like that doesn't happen often...straight from a bad choice of a first touch from winks. On another days it goes row z

I like winks but he's been in bad form for a while. Can't seem to get a hold of games.

Think maybe where he was really the one and only product of poch era coming from academy that a change has affected him an he's struggling to adapt.
Hopefully he turns it around.
Probably the best player in the team against LASK, across the whole game. H did what he does, kept the play ticking over, being available to defence and midfield, keeping the ball moving.
Its tiresome to see this constant tirade against a hard working, decent, professional who works his socks off for the team - whose only fault is that he's Harry Winks and not Messi, Zidane or Gascoigne.
And I hate to tell you bunch of Winkers, but Mourinho rates him and he seems to know more about football than you bozo's.

Back
Top Bottom