Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3129.jpg

Someone got caught on camera spitting at him when he entered Orient's building.

If that person was a Spurs fan I hope they get identified and banned.

It's perfectly fine to not rate or particularly like a player. But behave like civilized people ffs.

This thread is a disgrace and serves as the best defense for any player who shits on Spurs and wants out. It is ridiculous when fans accuses players of not being loyal, as long as fans show so little support and love for players who struggle to play to their potential. I am almost tempted to forgive Sol Campbell, seeing how you fuckers talk about one of our own.

Has Winks been a stand-out, amazing player for us the past few seasons? No, he has not.

But have we played a style of football that has played to his strengths? Absolutely not. Has he received support from the fanbase, to build his confidence? Hell no. Has he been playing under a manager that gets the best out of his players? No, Mourinho rips heart and soul and confidence out of most of his squads.

There is a better player in there than what we have seen the past couple of seasons. Hopefully we can see that player again. If not, we should respect the guy for what he has actually achieved: Going through the youth ranks and achieving a place as a fairly regular starter for us at a time when we were close to the best we've been for decades is fucking amazing. If he can't get back to his best and he is sold we should salute and wish him the very best for the remainder of his career.

Really, he won't. He will end up at Hull, West Brom, Palace etc. Some people on here have used his name in the same sentence as Modric, which is completely laughable. I remember people on forums talking about Bentaleb as if he was going to set the world on fire, and how bloody awful is he. I have been watching Spurs for 47 years and believe me I can spot a player. Off the top of my head the only time I can remember getting it wrong was Danny Rose, who has turned out to be brilliant, otherwise I am always spot on. Winks isn't a bad player, but he will never be good enough for a team like Spurs.
Players - Harry Kane
Oh you and your spotting of players you............

I'm conflicted on Winks. I think he's good enough to be a squad player (a rotation option, if you will) but he probably shouldn't be getting starts against the likes of City and Liverpool. For me, he's a good option to cover for injuries, occasional starter to give midfielders a rest, and option to fill out the squad in cup matches. Being homegrown obviously adds value to him.

Which is weird as he's usually always one of our best players against those sort of clubs.

If his name was fancy and we'd signed him from Spain, he'd be rated higher.

Winks isn't perfect and of course he can be upgraded but man, the shit that gets aimed at him is beyond ridiculous at times.

"Poor defensively" - a go to one whenever we concede a goal and he happens to be on a pitch. Sissoko never once got the same bile and he's no better defensively.

"Doesn't pass forward" - despite facts confirming he's the most progressive passing midfielder u23 in the whole of Europe..

Are the two main ones.

I think what it is though is that people are trying to base and critique his game on how they FEEL he should be playing as opposed to judging him on the role he is meant to be playing, which is that of a player who's aim is to take the ball, make sure we keep it and give it to Lo Celso, Ndombele, Dele etc. To try and advance with it.

Winks is proper Spurs and if any Spurs fan doesn’t even want him, even as back up they can fuck off

And all the while the likes of Chilwell, wan Bissaka, Maguire and Foden are considered top bracket by some of the very same people.

Same people who thought Hudson Odoi was worth 70M the other year no doubt

At the end of the day Harry Winks is an academy product of Spurs and I’ll always be proud of him for that.

I think £25mil is a great price considering how bad the last 18 months has been for him.

That’s the purpose of the academy, if they don’t progress, sell them for profit, nothing personal.

I certainly backed him heavily and have been disappointed at how things have stalled for him. Needs a change of scenery IMO

The lad is a true Tottenham boy, a fan, raised in the club. He loves playing for us. In fact, he is more Spurs than any of us. He always works hard, puts in a real effort for the club. And some of you pathetic good-for-nothing cunts give him shit just because you find that he lacks certain qualities.

He's done absolutely nothing selfish or cuntish, he seems like a genuinely good guy, a fantastic example of a football pro and a Spurs player. We should be proud to have him come through our ranks and play, for our club.

You can argue that he does lack some qualities that you may find to be required for a Spurs midfielder, but stop with the namecalling bullshit.

Thank you.

This is the rat who went crying to the press every time Jose benched him yet he was part of some of our most disgraceful games this season

- Zagreb 3:0 - most humiliating European night in 130 year THFC history
- Wham 3:3 draw last second assist to Lanzini
- City 1:0 Cup loss - we barely had 5% possession in midfield - humiliated
- Liverpool 1:3 - owned
- Antwerp 1:0 - owned

Now that Jose is gone - the English Iniesta was unleashed. Oh wait....

Once a rat - always a rat

OUT NOW!!!

Winks does what he’s meant to do, pulls on a Tottenham shirt and does his best okay a lot on here don’t think that’s good enough but fuck them give me Winks any day of the week rather than N’dombele waddling around doing feck all and getting paid a fortune for the privilege.

Back
Top Bottom