Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he is in need of a good coach. He did well under Poch and was progressing but like a few other players has fallen back. There is a good (but not excellent) PL player there.

Poch trying to make him a DM was the beginning of the end. When he first arrived on the scene his game was vertical rather than horizontal.

Just so everyone knows, Mick Cooper Mick Cooper worships at the altar of Harry Winks. He tried giving me a bollocking for daring to say that Winks is shit.

So whatever you do, don’t criticise Winks. You may just make Mick cry.
wow

you really don't deal with criticism - do you?

"Mick Pooper....
......you might make mick cry"

Good work.

Surely you're better than this?

I have no issues with standing up for the guy, he isn't Luka Modric, but he isn't a pub league player either.
Given the right role, he's a good standard of player, but whether he is still confident enough to play to his strengths, only time will tell.

wow

you really don't deal with criticism - do you?

"Mick Pooper....
......you might make mick cry"

Good work.

Surely you're better than this?

I have no issues with standing up for the guy, he isn't Luka Modric, but he isn't a pub league player either.
Given the right role, he's a good standard of player, but whether he is still confident enough to play to his strengths, only time will tell.
You’ve humiliated yourself enough today fella. Shut the fuck up.

You may be right, but I am basing my outgoing transfer strategy on how frequently the players annoy me.....

I am right.....

People's hate bones for Winks/Sissoko is muddying basic thinking...... (3rd thread in a row I've found myself posting this comment now).

I am right.....

People's hate bones for Winks/Sissoko is muddying basic thinking...... (3rd thread in a row I've found myself posting this comment now).
It's all opinions innit.

I personally rate Aurier much higher than the current versions of Winks and Sissoko. At least he delivers quality from time to time.

And another ST is obviously a priority but that's an incoming, not a get rid ASAP job.

Last edited:
My main worry is like Mourinho, Nuno might fall into the trap of giving winks a chance only to later realise just how shit he is. Thats one of the reasons why I didnt want Mourinho gone, so a new one doesnt give chances to players like Sissoko, Winks, Doherty, Dier who we know are absolute trash.

Mourinho had finally figured out they were shit and had reduced their playing time. So if these terrible options arent around, they dont get given chances. They really badly need to be sold.

It's all opinions innit.

I personally rate Aurier much higher than the current versions of Winks and Sissoko. At least he delivers quality from time to time. I

Me too, but given we're likely to lose Serge and Doherty is shite it becomes a matter of common sense rather than opinion.

I would happily see MF 5 & 6 upgraded but objectively it's less important.

I am right.....

But winks is still in the squad and he does get on the pitch to show how shit he is over and over again. If he wasnt there as an option, we'd be better off.

But winks is still in the squad and he does get on the pitch to show how shit he is over and over again. If he wasnt there as an option, we'd be better off.

Priorities.... Read my following posts.

RB (arguably x 2)
ST2
Maybe another CB

......All objectively more pressing matters.

Priorities.... Read my following posts.

RB (arguably x 2)
ST2
Maybe another CB

......All objectively more pressing matters.

Right now, its ndombele, who looks like he might be leaving. Locelso might turn out okay if he doesnt get injury problems, hojberg who is very limited but okay. Skipp who isnt quite ready . That means winks will play games and it hurts us.

Back
Top Bottom