Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

theres a reason he fell out of favour
111 games
2 goals
2 assists
3 big chances created
11 through balls

this is meant to be a midfielder whos apparently a passer...a passer with 2 assists and 3 chances in 111 games....11 through balls!! these stats would be just about bearable if he was an absolute monster breaking up play protecting the defence....but hes little harry winks.
The last 2 are actually difficult to believe.

3 big chances and 11 through balls. In 111 games....it beggars belief that he's even allowed on the pitch.

111 games
2 goals
2 assists
3 big chances created
11 through balls

this is meant to be a midfielder whos apparently a passer...a passer with 2 assists and 3 chances in 111 games....11 through balls!! these stats would be just about bearable if he was an absolute monster breaking up play protecting the defence....but hes little harry winks.
This stat had triggered me badly now and actually ruined my day

60k/week for this wanker

111 games
2 goals
2 assists
3 big chances created
11 through balls

And one of those goals was a misplaced pass.

Winks isn't good enough, but Skipp did no more than Winks against Palace and yet WInks gets tons of abuse and Skipp absolutely nothing. Fast forward a few years from now and Skipp will be the new Winks here. Guaranteed.
If Skipp regresses and in a few years is at the shit level of winks, he should be gotten rid of too. That how it works. A younger player gets chances, when they arent improving and even go backwards, they have to be kicked out. If we had 11 winks , we'd be relegated multiple times. Cant let the standards drop.

£40,000,000.00 would have been an absolute bargain
People at the club should have recognised how bad he was and was being carried by the rest. But being at spurs pushed his value enough to be called up by for England. That was the right time to sell. Shows just how poor our buying and selling has been.

By now everyone knows he is fucking shite. No decent club should want him, let alone pay 40m for him.

Still 2 years contract on this guy... he should always be sitting on the bench. Even for the Conference League games. We wont be able to sell him anyway.

Ndombele needs sorting out. No way in hell does Winks justify being played over him. Should be illegal to have somebody like Winks start over him. Fucks sake.

Maybe he's absolutely wonderful in training, but come on at this point it is absolutely suicidal to use Winks as anything other than a warm body to satisfy home-grown player rules or as an 89th minute sub.

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Our best midfielder on Sunday, admittedly with a low bar.

What my eyes saw, the stats back up. Our poorest was Skipp, who clearly wasn't fully fit.

Don't let that stop your bizarre hatefest tho

What my eyes saw, the stats back up. Our poorest was Skipp, who clearly wasn't fully fit.

Thought Hojbjerg was marginally better (more defensive work, tried to get up the field and support attacks more) but mostly agree. Winks wasn't at all the reason we were so poor at the weekend, replace him with Jorginho in that team on Saturday and we don't do much better. Nothing at left wing, no balance in the attacking line, no progressive passer in the team outside of Kane. This one was on management.

Was he in the under 19s or women’s on Sunday?

That figures then

The only reason you could say he was the best of them is because the others tried things and failed and got a negative score. Winks stayed at a solid zero for not trying at all.

Back
Top Bottom