Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the criticism Winks gets compared to the likes of Ndombele is disgusting.

He cost us nothing, one of our lowest earners and is almost always available for selection. By all accounts he loves the club and in the past has bossed big games in the champions league.

Ndombele cost us 60m is our highest earner and can’t warm up correctly.

Please ban the next person who calls him a “rat cunt”, he’s done more for Tottenham than you ever will.

Peace

"What I like about Winks is that he gets the ball and always tries to pass forward"

I can only assume Jamie doesn't know his forwards from his backwards
I've seen this, time after time. ^^^
He gets the ball and you can tell he's thinking, "I should try to pass forward." Then he thinks a bit more and does a swivel. Then he does another swivel. Then he looks sideways. Then he passes it backwards (or sometimes sideways).

Shame Jamie only describes the first part of the manoeuvre. The problem is that this deficiency has affected other team members too.

I think Winks form dropped off precipitously after the injury in 16/17. My recollection is that he was playing well for both us and England prior to that.

Winks looked worse the worse the team got because his basic football was exposed more.
He was and always will be a safety first player, who looks for the nearest and easiest pass.

Just about everyone looked worse the worse the team got. I still think many have forgotten just how promising we all thought he was.
I haven’t. But that was years ago. Just a shame it has never come to fruition.

If Conte can get a tune out of him, he’ll be an even greater manager than I think he is. For now, Winks remains mediocre and we absolutely can buy better.

I haven’t. But that was years ago. Just a shame it has never come to fruition.

If Conte can get a tune out of him, he’ll be an even greater manager than I think he is. For now, Winks remains mediocre and we absolutely can buy better.
I certainly wasn't arguing we couldn't buy better than Winks. But you could say the same about any of our squad right now.

Just needs another chance, he'll improve any minute now.

hnilw.jpg

Everyone has promise.

Until they fail to live up to it.
Winks, and every other youth product appears to come into the first team and a) instantly get over rated and b) get afforded more charity, and for longer, than an outsider

Back
Top Bottom