Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t believe all the hoohaa about this guy.

He’s still the same player that no one wanted to play under Poch, Jose and Nuno

Stop kidding yourselves, anyone dreaming of a resurrection from some of these players like Winks is just eating right out of Levys palm.

You won’t be dreaming of Winks turning it around when he has five half decent games and suddenly we’re not looking for a new CM in January

Let’s just say Conte does “figure” him out and gets out of him what he wants, what then is the incessant witch hunt going to continue?
If Winks does actually become useful, then why would there be a witch hunt. The witch hunt exists right now because winks is completely and undeniably dog turd.

It’s you - 100%
bruce almighty quiz GIF by Coventry University

Wrong answer! It's that I have no friends - he's really a colleague.

Everyone has promise.

Until they fail to live up to it.
Winks, and every other youth product appears to come into the first team and a) instantly get over rated and b) get afforded more charity, and for longer, than an outsider
I don't think that's a bad thing, I think young players should get more charity and free hits on bad performances whilst they get experience at first team level. I would extend that to young player we sign, not just youth products, so somebody like Gil should be treated like a prospect that needs time to develop rather than a finished article.
Winks obviously no longer fits in that category so outside of being nasty I think it's pretty fair to be critical of his performances.

Everyone has promise.

Until they fail to live up to it.
Winks, and every other youth product appears to come into the first team and a) instantly get over rated and b) get afforded more charity, and for longer, than an outsider

This post bangs of your hatred of the academy and your desire to see it shut.

Some Twitter fans still think Jose and Nuno were the main issue and not the bottling players

Winks is a player that is suited to possession based football. Hence under Poch, he looked good.

However, when our squads fitness fell off a cliff, we could no longer see out games and Poch reverted to defensive tactics - which backfired badly and cost him his job.

In comes Mourinho and Nuno who again, seeing how unfit our squad is, prefer to surrender the ball and punish mistakes by the other team.

If Conte can get our squad to give 100% for 90 minutes, I expect we will see Winks as a regular. Maybe not in the starting 11, but for sure the last 30 if we are a goal or 2 up.

Back
Top Bottom