Harvey White

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don’t get it. Every other team will give youngsters a chance apart from conte who keeps picking his faves thinking they will do the job for him. Yet time and again they let him down. Winks performance v mura , Burnley and boro were sackable offences yet still plays.
At the very least, he’s gonna bring energy and enthusiasm for a few games….Devine looks a good player too

I really don’t get it. Every other team will give youngsters a chance apart from conte who keeps picking his faves thinking they will do the job for him. Yet time and again they let him down. Winks performance v mura , Burnley and boro were sackable offences yet still plays.
I always used to find it ridiculous that some posters (RIP Arcspace) genuinely believed that Levy was forcing manager's to pick certain players, but now I'm starting to question which is a more rational explanation, that, or each and every manager that takes over at Spurs is immediately afflicted with some kind of brain fog that prevents them from seeing just how fucking inept some of these players are, and I'm not sure which notion is less daft.

True - but we’ve been unfortunate to endure Wankberg many times. How can he be any worse than either of those two mugs

Depends what you mean by “worse”.

He’s 20 years old. Still developing physically and hasn’t played much competitive football. He looks ok in his age group when I’ve seen him. I’ve never seen him play against highest level players for 90minutes.

But would say 100% he will make mistakes and he will get outmuscled off the ball - he’s not the biggest player.

He might concede possession in the middle of the pitch and cost us a goal. Which could cost us the game. That’s the reality of playing youth though.
You need someone decent next to you in CM.

So what do you expect from him?
I watched fans calling Bale a “big eared prick” and saying “get a fucking haircut” when he was 20. And constantly being told how shit he was.
So not sure how understanding most fans are.

Depends what you mean by “worse”.

He’s 20 years old. Still developing physically and hasn’t played much competitive football. He looks ok in his age group when I’ve seen him. I’ve never seen him play against highest level players for 90minutes.

But would say 100% he will make mistakes and he will get outmuscled off the ball - he’s not the biggest player.

He might concede possession in the middle of the pitch and cost us a goal. Which could cost us the game. That’s the reality of playing youth though.
You need someone decent next to you in CM.

So what do you expect from him?
I watched fans calling Bale a “big eared prick” and saying “get a fucking haircut” when he was 20. And constantly being told how shit he was.
So not sure how understanding most fans are.
He should go on loan. He was decent on his half season loan at Pompey last season so him not getting a new one this season is a bit odd.

I always used to find it ridiculous that some posters (RIP Arcspace) genuinely believed that Levy was forcing manager's to pick certain players, but now I'm starting to question which is a more rational explanation, that, or each and every manager that takes over at Spurs is immediately afflicted with some kind of brain fog that prevents them from seeing just how fucking inept some of these players are, and I'm not sure which notion is less daft.

It's worth looking into. There is a pattern at the club with every new manager and why I call us Clean Slate FC. We even saw in the doco when Jose found out Sissoko was popular in the dressing room. I think perhaps the club likes to challenge a new manager to succeed where others have failed to get a tune out of players like Winks.

There is politics in every workplace and Spurs is probably no different. I do feel sorry for White however and I hope he has a successful loan and follows in Skipp's footsteps.

Tonight would have been the ideal match to give White a run out - but we can only have use 3 subs and I understand Conte's thinking in using them tonight :

Romero - subbed to avoid a 2nd yellow and red card
Sessegnon - Seemed to have pull a muscle, so was subbed
Son - Rested, with Bergwijn coming on.

Can't argue with the first two subs, and made perfect sense to bring on Bergwijn for Son. Although White has played as a left sided AM, Bergwijn is a far closer like for like player, and bringing on White for Son would probably have meant us playing 3 in the middle and pushing Kulusevski further forward into more of a forward role.

Hopefully he gets chances in later PL games, otherwise its a season wasted playing only PL2 football and training with the first team when a Championship loan for White would have been likely for this season.

Don't understand why the 5 sub rule was voted against in the Premier League, subs on bench increased to give youth more opportunity, yet stuck with 3 subs only rule. Stupid.

Don't understand why the 5 sub rule was voted against in the Premier League, subs on bench increased to give youth more opportunity, yet stuck with 3 subs only rule. Stupid.
Aston Villa, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle, Sheffield United, West Ham and Wolves all voted against five subs. It means the Prem is the only top division in Europe not allowed them.

Aston Villa, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle, Sheffield United, West Ham and Wolves all voted against five subs. It means the Prem is the only top division in Europe not allowed them.
The reason those clubs voted against was because of their squad size, and they feel that it gives the teams with strong benches even more advantages.

The reason those clubs voted against was because of their squad size, and they feel that it gives the teams with strong benches even more advantages.
Whilst I agree and have sympathy.

The calendar is soo fierce now, that 5 should be forced, thought it was from next season anyway?

That's fine as far as it goes. But most of these teams don't play in Europe, they don't play 2 games a week for most of the season. For example, Burnley have played 35 games so far this season, Spurs have played 48.

Only 15 minute cameo, but clearly rated by Conte, and back to where he began 4 years ago in a pre-season at Spurs - playing as a LWB rather than his best position as CM.

Also used his experience to helped out inexperienced LCB, couple of decent crosses which could have become assists.

I think its probably best for his development to have a Championship loan, but it Conte thinks we need extra cover as a left sided midfielder (he has played as a left sided AM as well as CM, and at a pinch can cover LWB, and guarantees him decent playing time - maybe a dozen plus appearances and 4 or 5 starts) it could work for both club and player. Exquisite left foot able to put passes on a plate to others, decent shot, perhaps best set piece taker at Spurs so lots to work on ,

My Cousin saw him at Stansted arrivals 2 weeks ago... He said hello, and Harvey's response was of genuine surprise he'd been recognised.

In other Family related news, I was sitting in the row in front of Harvey's Family in the under-18's tester Game at the new WHL against Southampton...
A lovely bunch they were, and so proud when he scored his penalty that was the first ever goal at NWHL.

I do hope he makes it here...
He's PROPER one of our own! (as are his Family)

But will no doubt get the same abuse Winks does now if he isn't first choice CM in 3 years!!

Back
Top Bottom