Has son surpassed Harry Kane as our most important player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is our best/most important player

• Son

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Kane

Votes: 90 69.2%
  • PEH

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Lloris

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Doherty

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
What’s more important - your heart or your brain?
One day the different parts of the body were having an argument to see which was the most important.

The brain said "I do all the thinking so I'm the most important ."

The eyes said "I see everything and let the rest of you know where we are, so I'm the most important "

The hands said "Without me we wouldn't be able to pick anything up or move anything. So I'm the most important ."

The stomach said "I turn the food we eat into energy for the rest of you. Without me, we'd starve. So I'm the most important "

The legs said "Without me we wouldn't be able to move anywhere. So I'm the most important."

Then the rectum said "I'm the most important."

All the rest of the parts said "YOU? You don't do anything! You're not important! "

So the rectum closed up. After a few days, the legs were all wobbly, the stomach was all queasy, the hands were all shaky, the eyes were all watery, and the brain was all cloudy.

They all agreed that they couldn't take any more of this and begged the rectum to stop.

The moral of the story: If you think you're the most important, you're probably just an arsehole.

Kane is our best player, and is a Son enabler.

Son wouldn't be so extraordinary for us if he didn't have the league's best #10 feeding him through.

Really?

Son's goal against Woolwich was pretty extraordinary, and I think it has very little to do with Kane being a best #10 in the world.

It's true that Son benefited from Kane's great passing, but similarly, Kane also benefited and got this many assists because Son is so clinical and he IS extraordinary front of the goal. "the leagues best #10" also feed to other Spurs players like Moura or Bergwijn, but did they turn them into goals?

I was going to stay away from this topic because I knew there going to see so many dumb comments, but It upsets me to see how some spurs fans don't appreciate Son after all he's done for Spurs.

He did stepped up and carried this team whenever Kane was out injured.
He played with broken arm for this team.
There' s reason Son was named Player of the Season for this team, two years in a row. yet such disrespect he gets from fans of his own team is so ridiculous.

Last edited:
Kane is our best player, and is a Son enabler.

Son wouldn't be so extraordinary for us if he didn't have the league's best #10 feeding him through.
This works both ways. If you're English/Kane fan, you probably see it this way and vice versa if you're Korean/Son fan. As a neutral American, I see arguments for both sides but there's one crucial thing people are forgetting about Son - his actual goal tally compared to his xG (10 goals vs 3 xG) is off the charts which suggests Kane has benefited more as a playmaker from Son than the other way around. The article below pretty much summarizes how great Son has been:

Separately, I think a lot of people forget that Son carried Spurs when Kane was absent w/ injuries throughout the past two years. For instance, Son was by far our best/most important player during that run to the CL final and helping us clinch a top 4 spot. In hindsight, how he was able to lead the Spurs during that run is more extraordinary if you think about the players he was playing with... think about where most of our starting 11 are today:

Eriksen - lost confidence well before the transfer. no longer w/ team
Jan - father time caught up well before he left. no longer w/ team
Tripper - solid but no longer w/ team
Llorente - always a squad player but no longer w/ team
Lucas - squad/bench
Dele - see eriksen above. barely been a squad player
Rose - RIP

And don't tell me that these guys were anything close to being good/great after the 17/18 season. Don't get me started on who we had on our bench.

This is the talent Son was playing with yet he still helped get us to the CL final and help secure us a spot in the top 4. So to say that Sonny would not be extraordinary w/o Kane is completely false. He has been great/extraordinary for the past 2.5 years but difference now is that we have a proper team and tactics built around his talents.

Also, HUGO should get a lot more praise as well. Unfortunately he plays a position that isn't valued.

Last edited:
Kane and Son are equally important to the club at this point..so is Hojberg, Toby and Lloris. if these 5 are in playing XI in the Mourinho system, Spurs are mighty hard to beat!

Mourinho is pretty much rebuilding his old chelsea machine where his pillars were drogba,lampard,makelele/essien,terry and cech

No.Harry is a once in a generation type of player.In fifty years supporting this club I have been lucky enough to see many fabulous players wear our colours and Harry’s record and professionalism put him at the very top of the list.In my lifetime we will never see his like again.
I was too young to witness the Jimmy Greaves era, what a player he was.To think that Harry could eventually eclipse the scoring record of that maestro is absolutely astonishing.
I love Sonny, both as a player and a person, but I don’t think there is a serious debate to be had here.

Really?

Son's goal against Woolwich was pretty extraordinary, and I think it has very little to do with Kane being a best #10 in the world.

It's true that Son benefited from Kane's great passing, but similarly, Kane also benefited and got this many assists because Son is so clinical and he IS extraordinary front of the goal. "the leagues best #10" also feed to other Spurs players like Moura or Bergwijn, but did they turn them into goals?

I was going to stay away from this topic because I knew there going to see so many dumb comments, but It upsets me to see how some spurs fans don't appreciate Son after all he's done for Spurs.

He did stepped up and carried this team whenever Kane was out injured.
He played with broken arm for this team.
There' s reason Son was named Player of the Season for this team, two years in a row. yet such disrespect he gets from fans of his own team is so ridiculous.
Kane is our best player.

Saying Kane is our best player is not showing disrespect to Son; that is a ridiculous assertion and frankly a childish one.

Wow you stuck Doherty on there.... that's hilarious.

No he's not they all are. Jose has us playing as a team where everyone knows their role and is contributing. Like the others above are saying, why not just enjoy it. You'll soon be back to slagging off Jose, Levy, x player blah blah if we lose

Kane is still our best player, he isn’t as quick as Son but he is our best finisher, passer and smartest player tactically, if Kane had serious pace he would be Ronaldo level of a few seasons ago.

We are all in agreement that Bergwijn and Moura are not as good as Son.

Back
Top Bottom