Has son surpassed Harry Kane as our most important player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is our best/most important player

• Son

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Kane

Votes: 90 69.2%
  • PEH

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Lloris

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Doherty

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
Kane is our best player.

Saying Kane is our best player is not showing disrespect to Son; that is a ridiculous assertion and frankly a childish one.

But That's not all what you said, and I would have no problem with this.

You said:
Son wouldn't be so extraordinary for us if he didn't have the league's best #10 feeding him through.

Saying Son is not special without Kane is simply not true and it is showing disrespect to Son

Last edited:
I don’t know if he’s more important than Kane but both are essential to this team. Son’s finishing ability is second to none. He seems to get better and better every season.

Son would start for any team in the world. It’s surprising that he hasn’t been linked to a Madrid or Barcelona.

I think Son is performing at a level now where he is our most important player. Hes scoring week in week out. Winning us games and undisputably world class. But is he better than Kane?

For me yes. What yall think?
Every player has been important in their own right but if you're going to ask me who's the one player that we absolutely can not live without - it's not Kane or Son. It's been PEH! I believe our defense and midfield would collapse without him. Not only that, his energy in infectious. I really believe, he's really transformed our team.

After PEH, I would say it's Hugo for obvious reasons, Kane, Son, Toby, and Ndombele. In that order.

I do think Son has obviously been our best and most efficient attacker but I'm of the opinion that players that help win the midfield are generally more important in the outcome of a game than goal scorers.

I think Son is performing at a level now where he is our most important player. Hes scoring week in week out. Winning us games and undisputably world class. But is he better than Kane?

For me yes. What yall think?

Having Son or Kane is great, having both in a team is just gobsmacking as they demonstrate that mathematically 1 + 1= 3 !

Just look at the number of times one has scored with the other assisting. Both look better playing with the other

Oh... and both world class players.

Af49.gif

When Son arrived 5 years ago I thought Son and Kane could have seasons like this season every season. I saw the players club had then and sure thought we were going to win trophies at least every other season. Dembelle Waker Wanyama Ericksen Dele with peak Jan and Toby?

The season I always thought was possible is finally here though where players play the team ball for the team not for themselves. Son was better last season. Kane is better this season for me I have to say. 10 goals just not going to beat 10 goals with 10 assist lol. But like everyone says it is a true pleasure watching two class players playing together well appreciating what the rest of other players are doing for the team.

I am quitting football by the way if we still can't win a trophy at the end of a season like one we are having.

Personally I think that ENIC destroyed this club with freebee academy strikers and mid table Bundesliga cheap punts and both should be sold.

Not that we’d get much because Levy only buys shit, and buying Son was definitely not backing the manager at the time because he wasn’t backed.

17M the pair? I’ll drive them there myself
Never fucking change

The most important player is Kane.
The best player is Kane.
The second best player is Son.
The leader and the backbone of of this team is PEH.

Do they play for the Spurs? Yes.
Happy to have them, they complement each other well on the pitch hence we are top of the league.

Back
Top Bottom