Has son surpassed Harry Kane as our most important player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is our best/most important player

• Son

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Kane

Votes: 90 69.2%
  • PEH

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Lloris

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Doherty

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
We don't see it with Welsh fans and Bale or Belgians and all their guys. I never see a bunch of Danes complaining that Eriksen or PEH don't get respect.

I have zero issue with them being fans of Son, them saying that he is their favorite player or even trying to say that he is better or more important than Kane.

It is the constant made up narrative that many Son fans bring up about him being disrespected or unappreciated by Spurs fans. There isn't a player that it is brought up more about than him, and often in relation to Kane.

It is complete BS and nonsense.
TBF, there aren't many Danes in the world. From what I saw a towards Eriksen final year here, a lot of Danes were frothing at the mouth for him to go to Real Madrid, calling us a shit club, small club etc.

Funnily enough there are are Ajax fans mad at us for not letting Eriksen go to Real earlier.

Koreans on predominantly korean forums still shit talk Lloris.

You can't compare Son to Welsh or Danes or any other European countries.....

He is of Asian/Korean decent and we as Europeans have stereotypes towards them especially in football.

We don't tend to rate them highly BECAUSE they are from Asia. (They say we bought them for shirt sales right?)

If Son was English, there is no doubt he would have been more talked about and rated higher by our media.
If you don't think the English have derogatory opinions about the Welsh you don't know us...right lamb for supper..🤢

Its natural England will talk more about their own. (We don't have many World class players atm)

Its natural Asian/Korean fans want Son to be more recognized in England. (This is like their first world class player ever)

Its natural.

Fan-boying based on nationality is lame (I'm being polite and simplistic for brevity's sake); not understandable.

If one thinks Kane get's called world-class because he is English that shows a lack of appreciation for just how good he is.

You can't compare Son to Welsh or Danes or any other European countries.....

He is of Asian/Korean decent and we as Europeans have stereotypes towards them especially in football.

We don't tend to rate them highly BECAUSE they are from Asia. (They say we bought them for shirt sales right?)

If Son was English, there is no doubt he would have been more talked about and rated higher by our media.

Who's "we"? Speak for yourself.

If one think's Son get's critiqued unfairly just becasue he is from SK then they're better of just saying it and having that discussion.

Why even bring the media into it? ...This thread is canvassing Spurs fan opinion.

QQ from
Fan-boying based on nationality is lame (I'm being polite and simplistic for brevity's sake); not understandable.

If one thinks Kane get's called world-class because he is English that shows a lack of appreciation for just how good he is.

Who's "we"? Speak for yourself.

If one think's Son get's critiqued unfairly just becasue he is from SK then they're better of just saying it and having that discussion.

Why even bring the media into it? ...This thread is canvassing Spurs fan opinion.
1. No one said he gets called world class because he is English.
I said its natural that a English player will get talked about more in England.

2. Fanboying is based on nationality is lame. Yea who is arguing?
I said its natural for Asian people wanting Son to shine more than Kane.

3. It is a fact, that we don't rate Asian players highly and perceive them more as shirt sellers. (That
perception will change if Asia produces more quality players to play in Europe. Same thing as pundits
saying Tottenham will never win the league when clearly we are title contenders.)

Its not. Why would they be offended? gross generalization?

I'm talking about how racist we can be here, especially in the media.

Didn't you see the Milwall game where the fans booed BLM before the game??

Please read carefully and understand the post before you post a reply. :mourfacepalm:

You said we Europeans, not some or a minority, but we. That groups all Europeans together so I did read carefully and saw what you posted. The Millwall game was a small group of fans that were drowned out in the next game by the cheering. The vast majority of Europeans have zero issues with Asian footballers. the vast majority of Spurs fans have zero issue with Asian footballers and even less of an issue with Son.

What are you talking about?

The vast majority of the posts in this thread are saying that while Kane is better Son is awesome as well and that we are lucky to have them both.

Why do Son fanbois always have to see praise for Kane as some sort of slight on Son? If anything this thread shows how Spurs fans appreciate and love Son. But of course for many of the fanbois it can never be enough.

Son fan boy?

Kane is our best player, and is a Son enabler.

Son wouldn't be so extraordinary for us if he didn't have the league's best #10 feeding him through.

but you think this is completely ok, and he's not being a fan boy?
:mourshock:

If Son's fan write about this Kane fans will be all over this calling them a fan boy. Such a hypocrisy

You said we Europeans, not some or a minority, but we. That groups all Europeans together so I did read carefully and saw what you posted. The Millwall game was a small group of fans that were drowned out in the next game by the cheering. The vast majority of Europeans have zero issues with Asian footballers. the vast majority of Spurs fans have zero issue with Asian footballers and even less of an issue with Son.
Yes, we have problems with racism here. Its not new.

To say vast majority have zero issues with it is ignorant.

The truth is uncomfortable.

Son fan boy?

but you think this is completely ok, and he's not being a fan boy?
:mourshock:

If Son's fan write about this Kane fans will be all over this calling them a fan boy. Such a hypocrisy

Yes there are many people who are only fans of Son and not fans of Spurs. They prefer that Son does well and hope for other players, Kane especially, to do poorly because they think it makes Son look better. They create false narratives about it being race that people rank Kane ahead of Son, make up stories of Son not getting respect and claim racism if everyone doesn't think he is the super awesomest. It is very easy to see on twitter and this site as well.

Is it ok? I guess, it is an opinion, I don't know if I totally agree with it but I do think that Son certainly is helped by playing with Kane.

If someone wrote that in the reverse it would be less true because Kane is the better player and passer so he has more of an effect. There is no hypocrisy in pointing that out. I wouldn't call the fan a fanboi based on that comment alone though.

You think a majority of people have racist views towards Asians? That is insane.

Son has repeatedly won player of the year, last for example in a year in which there were better and equal options. If the majority of people had a problem with him there is no way he is winning that award.

The truth may be uncomfortable but it sure as hell is not that a majority of Europeans have racist views towards Asians.

You think a majority of people have racist views towards Asians? That is insane.

Son has repeatedly won player of the year, last for example in a year in which there were better and equal options. If the majority of people had a problem with him there is no way he is winning that award.

The truth may be uncomfortable but it sure as hell is not that a majority of Europeans have racist views towards Asians.
The award he won was Tottenham player of the year. You sound like he won EPL player of the year or something. Of course, Spurs fan rate him.

You are not getting the point of the post. So I will leave it here.

Kane is our best player.

Saying Kane is our best player is not showing disrespect to Son; that is a ridiculous assertion and frankly a childish one.

But That's not all what you said, and I would have no problem with this.

You said:
Son wouldn't be so extraordinary for us if he didn't have the league's best #10 feeding him through.

Saying Son is not special without Kane is simply not true and it is showing disrespect to Son

Last edited:
The award he won was Tottenham player of the year. You sound like he won EPL player of the year or something. Of course, Spurs fan rate him.

I think you are not getting the point of the fanboi discussion, Many of those fanbois claim that Spurs fan do not respect him because they are biased against him.

Son also made the top 10 wingers ESPN list, won goal of the year from the FA, gets recognized by national and international media all the time. It is not just Spurs fans that rate him, he has a ton of respect around the football world in England, Europe and beyond.

Well, he wasn't the PL player of the year was he? Why should he get the award?

QQ from

1. No one said he gets called world class because he is English.
I said its natural that a English player will get talked about more in England.

Which has nothing to do with the thread.

2. Fanboying is based on nationality is lame. Yea who is arguing?
I said its natural for Asian people wanting Son to shine more than Kane.

That's got nothing to do with the premise of the thread... i.e. Who is better.

3. It is a fact, that we don't rate Asian players highly and perceive them more as shirt sellers. (That
perception will change if Asia produces more quality players to play in Europe. Same thing as pundits
saying Tottenham will never win the league when clearly we are title contenders.)

Care to back that up in any meaningful way with regards to Son's abilities? (i.e. On topic)

So the majority here in the UK are racist?

I k-n-e-w this was the indercurrent of your comments.... Fuck off with this divisive shit.

But That's not all what you said, and I would have no problem with this.

You said:

Saying Son is not special without Kane is simply not true and it is showing disrespect to Son

Actual words used:

"wouldn't be so extraordinary "

There's no need to get hung up on whether or not Son is "special"... That's just needlessly precious; his abilities are what they are.... No magic required.

Back
Top Bottom