Have Chelsea signed Willian yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_mrlofiheHM1sffw25o1_500.gif

could be a blessing in disguise if it means bale stays. although i was more excited at the prospect of lamela than willian, pretty sure lamela is another one who likes to cut in from the right and blast it using his left which leaves us quite imbalanced as we have 3 who do it from the left and only one from the right. oh well, time for nacer to step up

Yes - footballing decision, my arse
Nowhere did I say It is a footballing decision. You're putting words in my mouth. It is obviously a money decision. My point, as I made clear as possible, is that there are the financial interests of at least two parties that have to be met before we even get to the desires of the player.

I didn't see any smarmy pisstaking, just gentle irony.
If we want to take the piss, we have to be strong enough to have it taken out of us. Spurs have been linked to so many players in the past, its just one in a forgettable sea of faces. Silly sods done himself more harm than good, for a pile of money he's probably too stupid to count without taking his socks off.
Jiggins?

Like I said I'm not bitter at missing out on him just baffled.

Laughing and saying he has to have a medical is taking the piss.

Yes Jiggins. Mr "Spurs in turmoil", Mr "Lloris isn't happy". Mr mugged off by AVB in a press conference

Get off your high horse, fella - he chose money instead of football - FACT - how can you possibly sit here and argue otherwise?

Who the fuck is going to be ahead of in Jose's eternal 4-5-1 - Oscar / Mata / Hazard / De Bryne / Schurrle / Moses / Lampard ?

Yes - footballing decision, my arse

He's better than every single one of those wide players (except maybe Mata, but Mourinho doesn't rate Mata). He'll play a ton at Chelsea, and it'll be extremely high profile.

Willian won't be hurt in footballing terms by playing at Chelsea.

Ugh, if Willian is under third-party ownership (and he is), then he might not have a whole lot of say in where he goes. There are three masters who have to be satisfied here: Anži (Kerimov), the third parties, and, far behind, Willian himself. If Chelsea is offering more in a transfer fee than we would have (or more or less the same), then it's not so unreasonable that Kerimov would take their bid. Next, the third party is also eager for him to get the biggest transfer fee possible. If he goes to the UK, this is their FINAL payday for this long-term investment, so, again, they'd push for the pricier Chelsea move.

And we're not even on to Willian's wishes yet… and we can consider his own wages, which would probably be higher at Chelsea, meaning a bigger wedge for his agents, an even fourth master!

So I simply don't understand the negativity and invective laid at the player's feet... People calling him a mercenary, etc. Seriously? Bewildering.

You think so?

:sandroscream:

Nowhere did I say It is a footballing decision. You're putting words in my mouth. It is obviously a money decision. My point, as I made clear as possible, is that there are the financial interests of at least two parties that have to be met before we even get to the desires of the player.
Do you believe he was 'told' to sign for Chelsea?

Yeah mate.

fwiw, cuntski's fans aren't over the moon with the signing, except for the fact that they made us look stupid (Mourinho literally taking the piss about the medical).

I think Willian was a bit of a risk tbh, and much too expensive, I was one of the few people saying we should leave this one - too much money for a bit of a gamble. We have a very strong team, and Lamela will be a genuinely great addition. Cuntski have just worsened their home-growm player ratio (Moses out) for a player who will play a bit part.

Of course, if the plan is to use Mata for a Rooney bid - the joke's on them

Last edited:
He's better than every single one of those wide players (except maybe Mata, but Mourinho doesn't rate Mata). He'll play a ton at Chelsea, and it'll be extremely high profile.

I know you are a fan - but you are also massively, massively over-rating him ahead of players like Hazard and Oscar

Mixed feelings on this.
Was never entirely convinced on Willian and so am not completely bothered we wont be spending £30m on him.
Am really pissed of Chelsea have fucked us, especially as the simply dont need him, and that Mourinho is rubbing it in.
Well there is one way to answer and that is for AVB to kick the Madrid reject arse on the field:

Meh. His mistake, not ours. He'd make us a better side, no question, but was he make-or-break for our chances of top 4? I don't think so. If AVB can start to bring some cohesion to the side, we're still in the best shape I've seen us in for years.

He also has CL there, and their financial terms will be much better than ours. From Willians perspective, had Spurs and Chelsea gone in for him a week ago I would never have expected him to have a medical with us let alone agree terms or come to see us.

CHELSEA are the issue here. They are plainly just screwing us. They dont need him. Even if he is better than what they have, what they have is already excellent - and already over stocked. This move, for them, is not about making them stronger. IMHO is about stopping us from getting stronger and that really grinds my gears.

I think its shameful behaviour from them.

No he will just be looked upon as a person whose word is shit and who cannot be trusted!!

No, but I believe he's being "heavily influenced". I think you guys all grossly underestimate the power that 3rd party ownership has with many of these players.
Basically, this, @ ArcspacE ArcspacE and @ 49stets 49stets

If you want to ignore third-party ownership and pretend it doesn't exist in the world simply because the FA banned it, go right ahead.

If anyone wants to read more about how third-party ownership makes transfers take weird twists and turns, this post about Falcao (previously posted in this forum, I think) explains it clearly:

http://www.scisports.net/news/third-party-ownership-why-falcao-is-transferred-to-as-monaco/

But this is going in circles, and that's Carlito's turf.

Back
Top Bottom