Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just where the fuck is Levy getting all this money from?

Fuck me, we’re in a parallel universe here, I don’t know what the fuck is going on but all this spending after years of penny pinching is just making me so uncomfortable.
It makes you wonder whether Poch would have been afforded these riches had he not lost the plot.
The amount spent (fees and wages) is strange considering the conditions recently and the uncertainty of the coming months.

I'm not complaining though. However... the pressure will really be on José to deliver. I said the same of Klopp last season. It was his last chance. If he didn't win the league then he was a failure. I don't think that's true for José this season, but with the trust shown in him by the chairman, he will have to repay him with results.

Also I'd love to know the nitty gritty of the vision for the club. Is it really world domination? Or is it more along the lines of win a trophy every now and then and stay safely in the top 4.

It makes you wonder whether Poch would have been afforded these riches had he not lost the plot.
The amount spent (fees and wages) is strange considering the conditions recently and the uncertainty of the coming months.

I'm not complaining though. However... the pressure will really be on José to deliver. I said the same of Klopp last season. It was his last chance. If he didn't win the league then he was a failure. I don't think that's true for José this season, but with the trust shown in him by the chairman, he will have to repay him with results.

Also I'd love to know the nitty gritty of the vision for the club. Is it really world domination? Or is it more along the lines of win a trophy every now and then and stay safely in the top 4.
Even if we get Skriniar we would of still spend around the same as last summer

Well, the story that was always told was tha we wouldn't be spending cause the stadium was being built. Now the stadium have been build maybe we have money...maybe the story was true.

Even if we get Skriniar we would of still spend around the same as last summer
Yeah, I realise that, which is why I included the wages bit. Gareff's 40% makes him the highest earner doesn't it? However, now I think about it I do believe Tanguy is reckoned to be on £200,000 a week isn't he? Jeez I hope he comes good for us.

Yeah, I realise that, which is why I included the wages bit. Gareff's 40% makes him the highest earner doesn't it? However, now I think about it I do believe Tanguy is reckoned to be on £200,000 a week isn't he? Jeez I hope he comes good for us.
Yeah, still this summer and last looks like we have backed the manager that we had so its down to Mourinho to deliver, I think we will get 1 domestic cup and the Europa League

I watch a fair bit of Serie A and Skriniars performances have declined year on year at Inter.

His first season he was excellent. Second season not as good and last season a disaster.

However, he's 25 years old. Better then what we have. Jose seems to want him and if he can get back to his previous level, we'd have one hell of a fucking line up.

I watch a fair bit of Serie A and Skriniars performances have declined year on year at Inter.

His first season he was excellent. Second season not as good and last season a disaster.

However, he's 25 years old. Better then what we have. Jose seems to want him and if he can get back to his previous level, we'd have one hell of a fucking line up.
One thing is his tackling is unbelievable, that's the only thing I remember about watching him play, his 1 on 1 tackling is amazing

Is his distribution good?

EioR-sYXkAAhZnC

966978_Screen_Shot_2017_02_21_at_12_65a042f5017f485b3c9d6175aa92e5a4

It's a shame we are paying over 50 mill for a centre half and we still can't play a high line. I know Jose likes a deep block but it would have been good to have that option

So far, apart from Bale, all our new signings will earn less per week than Toby Alderweireld, for example.

In relation to transfer fees, we've spent around 40m so far. Let's say we are buying Skriniar for around 40m, and then a backup striker for around 20m. We are talking about 100m - without considering any profit from sales apart from KWP.

According to Transfermarkt, just last summer we brought Ndombele for 54m, Sess for 24m and Lo Celso with an option to buy for 28m. That's 100m too. Under Poch, Ndombele was signed on the same wages as Harry Kane - basically the same as Bale now.

Real investment from the club, especially in Covid days? Yes. Are we improving the team in the right directions? Definitely yes. Are we spending like never before? Not really.

Last edited:
Well, the story that was always told was tha we wouldn't be spending cause the stadium was being built. Now the stadium have been build maybe we have money...maybe the story was true.
Thing is we’re not exactly benefitting from the new stadium at the moment, it’s empty and it’s not earning a new revenue stream.

Hence I am so puzzled where Levy is getting all this money from.

Back
Top Bottom