Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
It's possible he turns out to be absolute mustard. I could buy a winning lottery ticket.

But realistically its just another cheap option in a long line of cheap options.

Surely we should be aiming higher than a player who has hardly any minutes at Fiorentina?

Of course we should, but Daniel Levy is our chairman and it’s January. We are never going to sign a megabucks player in this window. We never have and we never will with this chairman. We have to live in the real world.

The player we are spending our money on is Traore. A £25m January singing just like Lucas and Bergwijn. There is no more money for anything else other than swap deals and loans.

If Conte is happy to bring this player while he waits for more serious transfer action in the summer, that’s fine by me. I bet in terms of value for money he will turn out much better than Ndombele and Lo Celso. That’s all he has to do to be of use. The real rebuild can only happen at the end of the season. Good players rarely change clubs mid-season.

Of course we should, but Daniel Levy is our chairman and it’s January. We are never going to sign a megabucks player in this window. We never have and we never will with this chairman. We have to live in the real world.
The real world is a sharp, dramatic retrenchment in Spurs competitive position, dwindling attendance and interest from sponsors as those arrangements roll over, and Joe Lewis watching the value of his biggest asset shrivel.

Period. It’s over.

The player we are spending our money on is Traore. A £25m January singing just like Lucas and Bergwijn. There is no more money for anything else other than swap deals and loans.

If Conte is happy to bring this player while he waits for more serious transfer action in the summer, that’s fine by me. I bet in terms of value for money he will turn out much better than Ndombele and Lo Celso. That’s all he has to do to be of use. The real rebuild can only happen at the end of the season. Good players rarely change clubs mid-season.

But surely there are non-megabucks players that fill our needs better than this guy. I guess someone on twitter did say he could be a Brozovic type player so maybe his skills are better than other reports say but he doesn't seem to have much creativity, offers no goals. He seems to be very similar to the 3 "main" MFers we already have in PEH, Skipp, Winks.

If he were a homeless, cut rate 15m version of Eriksen I could see making the move as he brings an element we don't have even if it isn't good enough. But this seems to be a player that isn't good enough and doesn't add to fill holes we have.

And you dont think other clubs will want him? Agreeing the fee with the club doesnt mean shit. Did Vlahovic move to Woolwich after they agreed a fee?
It depends on whether we have or will get a pre-contract signed with him and even then (if I were him) I'd have a specific clause written into a pre-contract that if we fail to get CL football then it's null and voided.

Then there will no doubt be suiters from many clubs wanting him, including the Club he's at now.

What's being reported in the press are pieces of a jigsaw being put into place, all of it comes tumbling down if Ndombele doesn't get signed by PSG. Suspect too that if he signs a loan until the summer then those plates remain spinning, because he might be shit for them and they don't want to sign him, so those plates come crashing down and we are back to square one trying to offload him to another club. Other players linked are pawns in the game, there to cover and counter cover.

It has been reported that we have agreed on a fee with Milan, that's what I'm passing that off. It hasn't been reported that we've signed him to a pre-contract or not.

There are loads of plates spinning at once that determine whether this does get done or not, these plates aren't just the 3 parties involved (us, Player, Milan) but also Ndombele agreeing a move to PSG (if this deal fails to go though then like a stack of cards all the other will be off).

I've detailed why Kessie wouldn't leave Milan now and would wait for the summer. And I think that's totally realistic and understandable from the player.

Who knows he could come now, the Club might want money for him now instead of nothing in the summer. OR, they have weighed up the balance and could bite the bullet and think him in the team improves their chances of winning the league this year so don't want him to leave until the summer.

For Kessie, it's a win/win if he stays until the summer. As he might win the title and pick up a winners medal + a massive win bonus. He's already been offered a new Contract by Milan, so if the Spurs don't get CL football then he has a choice to stay or gamble on PL and Conte.

So, it's clear that the pieces of the jigsaw have been put in place:
1. Ndombele goes to PSG
2. Kessie fee as been agreed with Milan
3. Amrabat is cover for Kessie if he agrees to come in the summer and sings a pre-contract
4. Amrabat is cover for Kessie if he doesn't sign a pre-contract and waits to see if we finish 4th or not (if we don't finish 4th I might be fucked???)
5. Amrabat is cover for Ndombele (who barely played) ergo he's cover for Ndombele, Winks, Skipp & PEH. It's unlikely he will play ahead of Winks, PEH & Skipp as he's COVER.
Hmmm. I've read we have made an offer an Kessie has let it be known that we are not a team he priorities moving to. Now as he had other suitors I think your being very optimistic. I think you see a lead and an understudy in reality....the understudy IS all.

Hmmm. I've read we have made an offer an Kessie has let it be known that we are not a team he priorities moving to. Now as he had other suitors I think your being very optimistic. I think you see a lead and an understudy in reality....the understudy IS all.
I'm not fuelled by any optimism. I very really spend any time in this thread as 99% of it is complete bullshit and just a waste of time.

There were two independent stories yesterday claiming us and Milan had agreed on a fee. BUT those same stories also reported that he's more than likely to stay and I've listed those reasons.

The reason for posting wasn't about him but more about Amrabat and that he is more than likely cover for Kessie (IF we can get him to agree on a pre-contract). And/or he's probably cover for Ndombele, perhaps he's unlikely to get mins ahead of PEH/Winks/Skipp.

The bottom line is there are loads of plates spinning, Paratici we're told will cover a position with multiple targets all of whom will have been told "you're our man" (hence what gets put out in the press).

I'd rather spent £50 million on Diaz and get this guy in as a midfielder.

Rather than spend £25 million each on an attacker and midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom