Have we signed the Mighty Amrabat?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas is a baked bean, do we need another?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
I'd rather spent £50 million on Diaz and get this guy in as a midfielder.

Rather than spend £25 million each on an attacker and midfielder.

How about we do what other top clubs do and buy quality at both positions.

Or use this money on this guy an address a position of need rather than bring in a 3rd choice option for the position that Skipp and PEH already play and Winks is likely equally good cover at.

I'm not fuelled by any optimism. I very really spend any time in this thread as 99% of it is complete bullshit and just a waste of time.

There were two independent stories yesterday claiming us and Milan had agreed on a fee. BUT those same stories also reported that he's more than likely to stay and I've listed those reasons.

The reason for posting wasn't about him but more about Amrabat and that he is more than likely cover for Kessie (IF we can get him to agree on a pre-contract). And/or he's probably cover for Ndombele, perhaps he's unlikely to get mins ahead of PEH/Winks/Skipp.

The bottom line is there are loads of plates spinning, Paratici we're told will cover a position with multiple targets all of whom will have been told "you're our man" (hence what gets put out in the press).
Batty-boi can't be cover for Kessie if Kessie doesn't want to come to Spurs despite agreements with Milan was my point. So see the idea folk should not 'melt' because 'Don' Paratici is plate spinning is pretty empty they bloody well should be distraught at the idea that the one player willing to come is certainly not an upgrade on any of our dysfunctional midfield. If this is the level we can attract we should just bid for a known quantity in James Ward-Prowse.

Might be 81 but Pharoah Saunders can still blow up a storm.

More life in him than Amrabat at any rate

pharoah_5050.jpg

This would be one hell of a mediocre signing. Never stood out at all when I've seen him play, which admittedly isn't an awful lot.

Yeah but what does Conte know? these guys have seen him twice on youtube. Who you going to believe?

Except even the people "supporting" him haven't once said that he helps us with any of the issues we have in MF. He doesn't take set pieces, isn't creative, doesn't score goals, isn't particularly progressive.

He isn't playing well for Fiorentina this season either.

I get the "trust Conte" but I think it is fair to ask even if Conte supposedly wanted him in the past does that means he will work out here? Did Conte want him as a back-up because he had a quality starting MF at Inter? We have back-ups, in fact that is all we have.

I think it is more than fair for people to read about this player and have questions about what he brings to the club. Especially when it appears the best quality he has is price.

Conte is constantly moving to a 3-5-2 with us and has played that more than any other formation over his career.

If this guy is suited for a 3-4-3 that is not a good sign for us.
He is suited for any formation with Two men in the middle, be it 343 or 442 or 4231, whatever.

If it is 352, than I am curious to see if Conte will play him in the middle or next to it.
In the middle he's a very limited player, he can defend but as a playmaker he's poor.

Is suited for any modulo with Two men in the middle, be it 343 or 442 or 4231, whatever.

If it is 352, than I am curious to see if Conte will play him in the middle or next to it.
In the middle he's a very limited player, he can defend but as a playmaker he's poor.

Thanks for the information.

This is a little concerning in my view. Especially since the one positive I saw with him was a twitter post saying he could be a Brozovic-type but that seems to be the opposite of what you are saying.

If he is limited and more of a defensive player, that is exactly what we don't need.

Back
Top Bottom