Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

7g0sc2oqq2pb1.jpg

Agent Sonny putting in the charm offensive on Eze.

"This is part of being a family," Sonny said of his gesture towards the forward. "We always want to have a good time when we play together and everyone is really happy for him.

"I don’t think anybody is happy when you’re not in the starting XI but we know how important it is when you can come on and can change the game like he did along with Ivan [Perisic], Brennan [Johnson], Emerson [Royal] and Pierre [-Emile Hojbjerg], I think everyone did a really good job so that’s important.

"Richy has had a tough time, a tough season, but I was very happy, probably happier than him, because we need him as a team. Richy is a really strong guy with good quality and character but the confidence can make a massive difference. I want to give him the credit that he deserves and he showed his quality today.

"When you’re having a tough time, you always need good people around you so I always try to be there for him as a friend if he needs anything that I can help with from my experience and playing wise also. Everyone is standing with him and helping him and he did an amazing job for the Club."

"Big results especially like this makes us tighter and closer as a group," explained the 31-year-old. "Everyone is working for each other, running for each other and fighting for each other, it makes us stronger and we’re getting really close so I hope we can get even tighter as a group.

"Having amazing players and people around me makes my job easier. The group of players do such a good job so it’s easier for me, I just want to be a good example from my actions. I’m not a guy who’s always talking or leading by words, I try to be a good example to everybody so I think having this group of players makes my job really easy."

For example, today I had a doping [test] after training. Even the guys [doing the doping test] came in and said, “Wow, they changed the vibes!”
...Today, they came and said that the vibe is much better than last year and looks really, really positive!
Yeah, but when the doping guys talk about things being positive, it's usually not a good thing!!!
:sonpoint:

“Son’s existing deal is scheduled to expire at the end of next season, but Telegraph Sport can disclose that the club hold an option to extend it by at least a further year that they will take up.

It means Son is effectively committed to Tottenham until 2026 at the earliest”

“Son’s existing deal is scheduled to expire at the end of next season, but Telegraph Sport can disclose that the club hold an option to extend it by at least a further year that they will take up.

It means Son is effectively committed to Tottenham until 2026 at the earliest”
That seems long enough to see out his playing career at the top level without needing to extend.

That is brilliant news. Im so happy we managed to keep Son through all the hard times. He really is one of the best signings in club history and a really quality example of a great and humble human being.

Back
Top Bottom