Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"On the disallowed goals:
It’s not really about whether you are lucky or not. It is what it is. I am not someone who lets everything depend on luck. I think that this happened because I didn’t prepare more. I wouldn’t have been caught offside if I made bigger movements or were more diligent off the ball. I can’t help but think about areas I can improve on in those situations. I feel more responsibility because I feel like I couldn’t help my teammates today.

On the injury crisis:
“Injuries are not part of what we can’t control. They are a part of the game. Obviously, I wouldn’t want any player to get hurt. Our squad becoming thinner and weaker because of injuries is a part of football. Other players in the team train harder, and I think we need to step up more and have more responsibility in times like this. With yellow card suspensions, I think players need to feel a bit more responsibility. Players certainly learn from mistakes, so I hope that they can get mentally stronger from mistakes so that they can help the team better next time. We need to move on. We have no time to sit here at this place. I feel sadder than anyone else, but because we can move on even with these mistakes and defeats, I believe that we can still do it. We will prepare for the next game with positive thoughts and a positive mindset.

On the next fixture against Man City:
I wouldn't say I was strong against Man City. The entire team is preparing well for the game. I think it is because we really want to win against them. Man City are a global team, one of the top five teams in the world. In a way, they are the team best at football in the world. There is a reason why they won the treble last season. That is why we need to prepare solidly in the coming week. It will be a game where no mistake is allowed, so we will need to prepare well both physically and mentally. It is for sure a difficult game, and I need support from my teammates more than anyone; I will prepare well and try to play a good game. With those three defeats in a row, I think we showed a lot of fans the displays and results that they didn't want to see from us. The players feel great responsibility for this and want to do better to give more joy to the fans, so we will prepare well for the game on the weekend to play a good game."

Fair enough. Would prefer he scored but all he can do is take responsibility if he doesn't.

Can't play CF in "ageball" cos he can't drop deep and hold up play, which is something Ange is asking from him.
No - Ange’s star striker at Celtic, Kyogo, is 5 foot 7 and 140 pounds soaking wet - He’s too small to be hold up anything or anyone. Ange specifically recruited him from Japan to Celtic.

An “Ange-ball” CF is expected to play on or even past the shoulder of the last defender (sometimes starting in an offside position). Pushing the defensive line back to create space.

Someone posted this before but take a look at the video:

View: https://youtu.be/tmlC_fjh56k?si=-lmTDIyidY9Mn57U

Also we need fast wingers that can get to the byline and put in a good cross. TBD on Johnson

Last edited:
Sorry but where was all his praised leadership yesterday? Very poor personally and very poor team effort in 2nd half.

For 2nd game in a row he absolutely let the team down and did nothing.

Literally he (together with other attacking players) lost us the game. Football match is won by a team that scores more goals, and our attackers were utterly wasteful while Villa players did what was needed to be done.

We need a ST option. Someone who could control and keep the ball upfield. When we lost Bentancur, it just became ping-pong or tennis. No control of the ball and tempo outside from our defense.

image.png

Back
Top Bottom