Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the most part, he's been fantastic this season.

Of course the usual kneejerk bollocks comes out when we don't win or he doesn't score but the guy presses like a mad man and is one of the main reasons we've been so excellent offensively. Done exactly what's asked of him.
Not many players in the world that can go from being an elite winger to becoming an elite striker almost immediately. He's a top striker in the PL already IMO.

WALOB
He was getting selected for England while playing for us.
You are obsessed with him.
He is the best RB in the EPL and you just won't accept you were/are absolutely wrong about him.

7 assists in 14 games in the league. Mad. Those would be brilliant numbers for a #10. His delivery is absolutely exceptional and since Simeone he’s even been very competent defensively.

One of the best on the planet.

WALOB
He is the best RB in the EPL and you just won't accept you were/are absolutely wrong about him.

To be fair. He was crap for us especially in his last 12 months here. Then again, most players were. Eriksen was a shadow of his former self. Dembele was clearly dying. Vertonghen lost the last of the pace he had. Toby had more mistakes in him etc.

But he's been brilliant for Newcastle. He's almost like an unrecognisable player to the one we ever saw here. He'd never beat his man here, he was woeful positionally and his body position upon receiving the ball was pretty much always wrong.

Nowadays, I see him defending alot better (Simeone effect I imagine as well as system perhaps), his body position when receiving the ball is alot better and he actually takes on his man. His development into his 30s has been quite remarkable tbh.

To be fair. He was crap for us especially in his last 12 months here. Then again, most players were. Eriksen was a shadow of his former self. Dembele was clearly dying. Vertonghen lost the last of the pace he had. Toby had more mistakes in him etc.

But he's been brilliant for Newcastle. He's almost like an unrecognisable player to the one we ever saw here. He'd never beat his man here, he was woeful positionally and his body position upon receiving the ball was pretty much always wrong.

Nowadays, I see him defending alot better (Simeone effect I imagine as well as system perhaps), his body position when receiving the ball is alot better and he actually takes on his man. His development into his 30s has been quite remarkable tbh.
He was carrying an injury in his last season but he was never crap for us
Southgate changed the England team around so he could play Tripps and valued him more at RB than Walker.
He has not had a Damescene conversion-he was great for us but not valued by our managers. Who are now sacked.
Wrong thread and he doesn't play for us anymore so that's my lot.

7 assists in 14 games in the league. Mad. Those would be brilliant numbers for a #10. His delivery is absolutely exceptional and since Simeone he’s even been very competent defensively.

One of the best on the planet.

sudoku in reply to you too...

First off read the post - I reference him in a Spurs shirt, during his time at Spurs he was SHITE. Genuinely one of the worst players in our squad at the time.

Takes every free kick and every corner (BOTH sides). He's in my fantasy football team, in fact, I've selected him year after year in my team, that's because in FF points are awarded not for how you play football, it doesn't give a shit that you assisted once in a game even though you attempted to cross the ball 29 other times in the same game and failed.

At the WC in Russia, he was our best player said it then and I say that now, I'll always assess what I see not what I hear - but it doesn't detract from the fact that for Spurs he was nothing other than SHITE. (If I want to be kind to him, I'll say he was a square peg in a round hole, totally the wrong profile FB for Poch's Spurs).

WALOB
kyle walker dancing GIF by England

Trippier is so good at RB he has to play LB for England so the real best RB in the league can play on the right.
Kyle Walker isn't just the best RB in the league right now, he has a claim for being the best in the PL era IMO.

1 good game followed by 2 to 3 invisible outings followed by a stunning double/hat trick followed by another couple of invisible games.

are these the performances of a captain?? can we talk about his inconsitsencies and inability to lead? at some point we have to ask questions or does the nice guy get exempt from criticism?

1 good game followed by 2 to 3 invisible outings followed by a stunning double/hat trick followed by another couple of invisible games.

are these the performances of a captain?? can we talk about his inconsitsencies and inability to lead? at some point we have to ask questions or does the nice guy get exempt from criticism?
to be fair he is what he is. hell have good games in open games and against these sides hes simply not the horse for the course. i cant believe people still havent worked that out, especially managers. fair enough rich is injured bla bla bla but i bet he starts against the next lot of campers. to be fair newcastle play more open i think so hell be good against them. but the next bunch of campers he shouldnt be starting, get a couple goals up, theyll come out as they have to then get son on. hell bang 2 in 30 mins easy in an open game against tired legs.

Shit game today but calm down. He’s got 11 (?) goal contributions in his last 12 games as a striker. What we should be worried about is whether he’s injured or not.

I'd say it's pretty similar for Kulu too tbh. I mean he doesn't dissappear, he gets involved in the game but is so ineffective it's painful to watch

Like all strikers he needs to receive the ball in dangerous areas if he’s going to affect the game. He makes dangerous runs every single match but if his teammates don’t find him, what can he do? He is not Messi and never has been.

Too many of the supporting cast hesitate when they have a chance to play a dangerous pass. That’s a far bigger issue than Son not being Kane 2.0. Either find him within shooting range or play him into space (as against City), he is never going to do damage playing with his back to goal against a parked bus.

Nope not allowed to call out his definincies. If you do you you're either racist or don't know what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom