Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton fan here. Obviously I'm gutted about Gomes but if he's forgiven Son, and they've discussed it in private, that's fair enough. I also don't get the Coleman hate. Coleman is a nice bloke, it's the kind of thing he would do, but apparently this means he's not fit to be our captain anymore.

ETA: and some of our stupid fans seem to have forgotten that Son is KOREAN, not Chinese.

Everton fans bleating about this have proven themselves to be as bad as the Red half of Merseyside. Probably the biggest insult going!

It's also quite possibly the most 'exciting' thing that's going to happen to their club all season.

Mess with our Sonny, you mess with all of us!

:tobyarm:

But thanks for your post anyway, best wishes to Gomes.

:pochsmirk:

Dude give up.
It's hard telling white people how to feel about something they can never relate to. Also a lot of the feelings towards Son is of course racist but its often so subconscious that people do not classify it as racist. Like racism comes in forms of institutionalism and our mental subconscious that as a white male in particular you never have to deal with.

the article below does a good job of half explaining the situation with son.

the racist abuse that Son has gotten from everton fans and in general how people have seen son as a cry baby is just ridiculous. for me I can never be a tottenham fan because of it. A lot of people are outraged by son crying but do not care that literally their own player gets racially abused.

maybe in western culture, people have forgotten how to show empathy or that empathy can only be shown when someone dies. but how Son reacted is for me, is more manly and humane and a show of strength than ever. fuck what all these people think in all honesty.

Again tonight Son scored two goals against belgrade and was SUBBED off to prevent him from scoring ahattrick. Son is the most subbed player in tottenham despite showing a tendency to score late goals. Imagine Kane being on two goals - he would never dare be subbed all together.
Diddums, your favourite celebrity was PREVENTED, no PROHIBITED from scoring a hat trick.

It's ridiculous to take umbridge with that. His fitness is being managed so he can play at the weekend. He played well, scored two great goals and won the match. Why risk him getting injured in a match that's already won?

You have some good points I saw in the past I think but like today you just lack or blows out of proportion. Just for the hattrick thing, Son would not know what to do if he got one today. Was he going to bow 3 times?

Sonny is really special and different. I'm learning new things about him every season and it is mostly pleasure. If we had Cantona or Ibrhmobich in there we would have gotten totally different reaction but it was Son and he reacted the way he did. I could appreciate it. It was totally acceptable to me. Sure I am a bit tired of the whole grabbing the forehead with both hands reaction thing now that I've seen it about 50 times in replays. Wait, I might be alone in this but I think Moura was the first one who started with that reaction in the incident, and I wanted someone to smack him on his bold head at the moment. But the Gomez injury was much serious and I was glad no one was as crazy nut as I was there wanting to smack Mouras head for starting the reaction.
Wtaf are you blathering about!? lol

Everton fans bleating about this have proven themselves to be as bad as the Red half of Merseyside. Probably the biggest insult going!

It's also quite possibly the most 'exciting' thing that's going to happen to their club all season.

Mess with our Sonny, you mess with all of us!

:tobyarm:

But thanks for your post anyway, best wishes to Gomes.

:pochsmirk:
I see no point in agonising over it. It's done, Son got his ban overturned, Gomes and him have kissed and made up (figuratively), it's over and Silva isn't going to make a big stink about VAR like our fans want him to, because he knows there's no fucking point. I'd rather just forget and move on.

Aren't you a day late now for this? Time to move on and rock on with the team again unless what you want is running a page arguing
Lol, arent you the one that argues all the time on the forum especially only about Son? I know you're Korean and your sensitive of the situation he was in. I'm saying the media got it all wrong.

Are you in some way trying to be funny ?? Here's a link for you in case not.

Fuckin hell, a sarcastic reply to your comment and I’m being lynched with the serious stick.

Of course I know.

It was a Korean broadcast vid on youtube. Go search and look for something in Korean maybe you can find it.

Chill..
No I don't argue much these days. I've given up, adjusted and have a very low expectation now. I'll be alright as long as we don't get relegated this year. I am at peace, one with the club.

Back
Top Bottom