Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love football too. But I hate players using arms and hands. I hate Hollywood acting more. Rudiger play featured both and some. If that is what PL is going to side with maybe they should at least be consistent about it. Look how Mane gets away with the stud up legging that was much more forceful than Sons. Refs fucking clueless make horrendous calls all the time or maybe trying to steer certain games even who know what the fuck, but you just can't continue to be most strict to Son at every chance they get. Can they?

In the meantime Son really needs to either clean up or get dirty conniving when dealing with these types plays. Be dishonest and take some fucking acting lessons

Terrible...key thing is that Fern didnt go down as if he had been shot

Not here to defend Son for his half assed, failed kick at Rudiger. But saying Son is a decent, inconsistent player is just an insult to the squad. Son’s been one of the best producers this season - 10 goals and 8 assists in 22 appearances including 3 substitutions. He’s assisted the 2nd most in the league right behind KDB; 17 shots on target, equal to Kane and Sterling; not to mention his 3 woodwork hit - 3rd in the league tied with Aguero and KDB. He was also involved the most with buildups leading up to final shots in the team this season (meaning he was involved the most in creating chances). So the rest of the team who couldn’t keep up to Son’s performances must be inconsistent as well, or consistent (?) for not being able to produce if that’s what you meant. Tell me who else in the team is consistent based on your standard and the stats.

No one doubts that Kane is one of the best forwards in the world - probably one of the best even if he played 10. But tell me how you quantified that Son is “miles behind” Kane. I’d argue Son is one of the best wingers/forwards in the world, def top 5~10 at the least. If you don’t think he can play regularly for Man City, Man Utd, or Liverpool, go to their fan forums and see how their fans die to have the lad. It’s mind boggling how some of the people here over-bashing and undermining our own players. How does it benefit Spurs in any way by arguing Son is only a decent and inconsistent player (or by shitting on any other Spurs players)?
It's not that hard to see what people mean by inconsistent with regards to Son, just look at this month December: he was brilliant v Burnley, poor v United and Wolves and utter dogshite v Chelsea and he didn't cover himself in glory in Munich either by missing a sitter and wasting a good opportunity. He can be world-class on his day and nobody could tell you which Son will show up in Middlesbrough after his ban; it could be the clumsy and poor one or he could score a hat-trick, but being very good or even world-class on your day is something completely different from being a genuine world-class player, in our Premier League there are multiple wingers / forwards who are better, let alone in world football.

Last edited:
He is a fairly decent and inconsistent winger, Kane is miles ahead of him when you take everything into account.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:.... what would you consider above average to be then? If I'm assuming fairly decent means average. You're partially right on the inconsistent part but stats tell otherwise. 'World class' Kane was on the sidelines when 'fairly decent and inconsistent' Son was leading the club to the CL finals. Show some respect, you shameless cunt.

It's not that hard to see what people mean by inconsistent with regards to Son, just look at this month December: he was brilliant v Burnley, poor v United and Wolves and utter dogshite v Chelsea and he didn't cover himself in glory in Munich either by missing a sitter and wasting a good opportunity. He can be world-class on his day and nobody could tell you which Son will show up in Middlesbrough after his ban; it could be the clumsy and poor one or he could score a hat-trick, but being very good or even world-class on your day is something completely different from being a genuine world-class player, in our Premier League there are multiple wingers / forwards who are better, let alone in world football.
Son's biggest problems for me is he goes from looking like a world beater...that's typically when the "is Son our best player?" and "why aren't the likes of Barca and Real looking at Son" conversations start then the next week, he has the touch and control of a Sunday League player.

When compared to the 'class' wingers in the PL and other leagues he is inconsistent but amongst our squad, whose really been the more consistent player for us? Sissoko, maybe Kane. The previous years, yes, but I don't think it fair to use the inconsistent argument on Son this season, when that's been our entire squad in 2019.

One of those two players was smart about what he did, the other was fucking stupid.

This exactly what led to his red card at Bournemouth after Lerma trod on him, and again what led to his foul and subsequent red (later overturned) on Gomez, after he'd given him a crafty dig just prior.

He's now obviously got a rep as someone easy to wind up and when he does get wound up he does stupid flouncy shit.

He needs to wise the fuck up.

One of those two players was smart about what he did, the other was fucking stupid.

This exactly what led to his red card at Bournemouth after Lerma trod on him, and again what led to his foul and subsequent red (later overturned) on Gomez, after he'd given him a crafty dig just prior.

He's now obviously got a rep as someone easy to wind up and when he does get wound up he does stupid flouncy shit.

I would love to defend you on the pitch and take a crack at your kidney only to hear you say back to me after you go down how smart I was.

Been saying son is a cry baby mummy's boy for ages now. At this point I want the guy out of the club. Its fucking cringeworthy stuff and is an embarrassment to the club. Never have I seen a player lash out and cry so much. Absolute man child. Don't care he scores a goal now and again. It's this type of soft mentality that keeps us where we are. It isn't even like he is innocent. He just has a little burst of rage and then does the whole cry routine when he gets sent off. What sort of mentality do we want at the club? It's all gone "matesy" again. Mucking around in training and want to be the big joker clown guy. The constant crying like a child on the pitch. Worse than a under 9s Sunday team.

Mourinho will see the weak mentality of some players and change this into a club with a winning mentality.
It's probably a good idea to send him to a (sport) psychologist as his behaviour and 'emotions' on the pitch can't be healthy for a 27 year old man and it's indeed also an embarrassment to the club. The fact that he is very inconsistent in his performances might very well have a mental cause as well.

There is definitely a place for him at the club, but he needs to work on certain things. For a guy like Aurier I've lost all hope.

Last edited:

Seems to have that sort of side to him.

Been saying son is a cry baby mummy's boy for ages now. At this point I want the guy out of the club. Its fucking cringeworthy stuff and is an embarrassment to the club. Never have I seen a player lash out and cry so much. Absolute man child. Don't care he scores a goal now and again. It's this type of soft mentality that keeps us where we are. It isn't even like he is innocent. He just has a little burst of rage and then does the whole cry routine when he gets sent off. What sort of mentality do we want at the club? It's all gone "matesy" again. Mucking around in training and want to be the big joker clown guy. The constant crying like a child on the pitch. Worse than a under 9s Sunday team.

Mourinho will see the weak mentality of some players and change this into a club with a winning mentality.
You want this guy out of the club?

Is this for real?

Back
Top Bottom