Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody has said that they asked my opinion on how he should be trained. You (and your son) are asked for feedback on how you think your son is progressing, what you think he is doing good at and needs to improve on. Naturally the conversation deviated sometimes to my son’s frustrations at not being passed the ball. I think you have misunderstood somewhat

Quite possibly... Hence my querying tone throughout.

I understand that; and if all it constitutes is general care for them as a minor then of course, but it sounds no less bizarre to me that a coach would ask how a parent thinks they should be trained on a footballing level.

(Alt. Example: My maths teacher didn't ask my parents what aspects of that I should be taught.... They're paid to know the best way to teach me.)

Understood, but if in 3rd grade math my kid were only being taught how to add and subtract single digits, there would be a problem! I would certainly be providing feedback then.

For us, the feedback is mostly to ensure proper development and support satisfaction. My son’s academy follows a strict methodology by age and level and doesn’t make many exceptions, but I believe teaching the kids to (1) look up when dribbling, (2) make passes when warranted, and (3) not stealing the ball from your own teammate is rather fundamental.

A teammate literally took the ball from my som as he was about to score the other day, only to get tackled! That kid needs to either stop doing that or be benched!

Just because a coach is a “pro” doesn’t mean an “amateur” can’t provide good feedback.

Surely the most hated Spurs player these days

Redcafe
"Son is the dirtiest player in the league these days. "
"Son is a cnut. "

Redkop
"Son is a cheating bastard, he always has been. Diving has been a Spurs specialty over the past decade, though: Bale, Kane, Alli, and Son being some of the worst offenders. Will never forget that disgraceful performance from them in the 2-2 at Anfield a few years back."

"Son was a snide twat under Pochettino so it's nothing particularly new. He does seem to be taking it to new levels under Mourinho though.

Three times he went down like he was seriously injured - once to avoid a booking and twice to get Southampton players booked. He also stayed down for a disproportionate amount of time for the penalty considering he wasn't touched (/was feathered by the padding of the goalkeeper's gloves). "

Last edited:

Redcafe
"Son is a cnut. "

Redkop
"Son is a cheating bastard, he always has been. Diving has been a Spurs specialty over the past decade, though: Bale, Kane, Alli, and Son being some of the worst offenders. Will never forget that disgraceful performance from them in the 2-2 at Anfield a few years back."

"Son was a snide twat under Pochettino so it's nothing particularly new. He does seem to be taking it to new levels under Mourinho though.

Three times he went down like he was seriously injured - once to avoid a booking and twice to get Southampton players booked. He also stayed down for a disproportionate amount of time for the penalty considering he wasn't touched (/was feathered by the padding of the goalkeeper's gloves). "

:sonhmm:

:sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol:

Redcafe
"Son is a cnut. "

Redkop

So Salah, Mane, Sterling and Suarez have not been amongst the biggest cheats in football. Scousers always the victims

That's good if you are seeing one. I am not objecting to it. You should keep going for your family if you have obe

bETtER tHaN MaNE, STeRLinG and SalAH :mourhandlaugh:

The lad should count himself lucky that he plays for Spurs (instead of at a club where you need to show at the very least some consistency and can't be shambolic half of the time), it's certainly not the other way around.

As others have suggested, it might be a good idea for him to see a (sport) psychologist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom