Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because that was a genuine question.. I think it's indeed better for you to go for a while. :mourbye:
I asked you a question if you are a multi. And you did not answer the question because it was a genuine question??

Some of you here really need to stop struggling. Don't worry about me because I am having a great time and never once said was having a hard time.

Thread basically switches between

He's amazing. Up there with Salah.

He's greedy and has a shit touch. Purple patch.

I love his smile more than my kids.

I hate Korean fans.

All from one simple question if the penalty goal Son had last week was his first. I am equally impressed and lost for the depth and stink of the shit we have gotten to.

Both Son and Sterling started to play for Spurs and Man City respectively during the 2015-2016 season. When you compare their stats, they've been neck and neck

Apps / Total Mins Played / Goals / Mins per Goal / Assists
Son:
219 / 13,882 / 81 / 171 / 45
Sterling: 226 / 17,104/ 89 / 192 / 71

At first glance, it might look like Sterling is the superior player by a slight margin but when you take into account the fact that Sterling has played almost 25% more mins and adjust Son's stats to match Sterling's total minutes played then you get 100 goals / 55 assists for Sonny. 11 MORE GOALS THAN STERLING.

His form has dropped off a bit and he can be patchy at times but when you look at the totality of Son's production, he has easily been one of the top 5 wingers in the league since 15-16 and could argue for top 3.

We are lucky to have him.

Last edited:
Mane VS Sonny - Similar conclusion/analysis

Son:
Mane: 197 / 15,826 / 89 / 178 / 42
Son Adjusted: 92 goals / 48 assists - BOTH MORE THAN MANE

Last edited:
Oh ok, I didn’t have you down as a know it all. It is hardly interfering when you are asked your opinion by his coaches is it?
If it was your son in the situation you would probably think differently. We drove 50 miles there and back 3 times a week for several years and so you wanted to feel his interests were being looked after. With all due respect unless you have experienced academy football you don’t really know what you are talking about. No offence to you

had him/her down wrong then! :sonpoint:

I understand that; and if all it constitutes is general care for them as a minor then of course, but it sounds no less bizarre to me that a coach would ask how a parent thinks they should be trained on a footballing level.

(Alt. Example: My maths teacher didn't ask my parents what aspects of that I should be taught.... They're paid to know the best way to teach me.)

I do understand where you are coming from but, awful example considering the standard of teaching. My parents were in a far better position to teach me than any of my teachers, and did so, learnt next to nothing in school as I’d already been taught it all at home! Yes I have a PhD before you ask.

I do understand where you are coming from but, awful example considering the standard of teaching. My parents were in a far better position to teach me than any of my teachers, and did so, learnt next to nothing in school as I’d already been taught it all at home! Yes I have a PhD before you ask.

I wasn't going to ask.

Evidently a PHD doesn't prevent you from missing the point of an analogy tho.

Both Son and Sterling started to play for Spurs and Man City respectively during the 2015-2016 season. When you compare their stats, they've been neck and neck

Son:
Sterling: 226 / 17,104/ 89 / 192 / 71

At first glance, it might look like Sterling is the superior player by a slight margin but when you take into account the fact that Sterling has played almost 25% more mins and adjust Son's stats to match Sterling's total minutes played then you get 100 goals / 55 assists for Sonny.

His form has dropped off a bit and he can be patchy at times but when you look at the totality of Son's production, he has easily been one of the top 5 wingers in the league since 15-16 and could argue for top 3.

We are lucky to have him.
Clynelish doesn't agree as per usual, the tool...

bETtER tHaN MaNE, STeRLinG and SalAH :mourhandlaugh:

The lad should count himself lucky that he plays for Spurs (instead of at a club where you need to show at the very least some consistency and can't be shambolic half of the time), it's certainly not the other way around.

As others have suggested, it might be a good idea for him to see a (sport) psychologist.
The redneck springs up once again...well done lad.

Back
Top Bottom