Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Embarrassing knowledge about football.
Show me one of Manes goals like Sons against Burnley, Chelsea or Dortmund then?

They are world class goals so you should be able to find Manes equivalents very easily.

As I said, he doesn’t offer the same from halfway up the pitch, let alone his own box.

The only embarrassing thing is you not knowing that.

Last season nobody was even mentioning Mane in the same breath as Son, but that's also because he wasn't hitting the heights he's been hitting this season. Sammy has a point here. We only ever look at players who are doing well and then compare that to current form Spurs players.

What Mane is doing right now, is amazing. But Son has the potential to do that as well, if not even better. He can single handly win you a game. Can't remember when I've seen Mane drag a team along with him. For some reason or another, Son lacks the consistency to do that though.
that's not exactly true - Mane was one of their best players from around Xmas last year, and many lolpool supporters POTY after VD.

plus ultimately, consistency is part of a players quality. Adding the caveat "if he was consistent" is not really meaningful at the end of the day.

i think if we have to keep applying words/phrases like 'potential', 'at his best' and 'if he was consistent' to a 27 year old, that's a problem..

Clynelish Clynelish
Laugh all you want, says it al about the conviction in your belief though that you have no words to actually counter the fact that Son is a better football player than Mane.
Just like in 2019 Vertonghen was a better defender than Van Dijk right? :levylol:

Maybe you could posts another 10 youtube clips to back up all those deep insides into the game.

Just like Vertonghen was in 2019 a better defender than Van Dijk right? :levylol:
Like Eriksen is world class and can’t be replaced?
Jan was better than VVD.
Jan has been amazing most of his career.

VVD has had one amazing season in his career but fuck all else.

Now how about you explain how Mane is better than Son.
Other than he plays for Liverpool

Like Eriksen is world class and can’t be replaced?
Jan was better than VVD.
Jan has been amazing most of his career.
Still ridiculous to claim in 2019 that Vertonghen was a better defender than Van Dijk ('an average clogger who is no better than Chris Smalling', your own words in April 2019 Sammy).

Jan was better than VVD.
You can pin point it down specifically to the year of Jans worst year of his career and VVDs best (and only good one), but that says everything really.
I think it says a whole lot more that even at the end of last season you hadn't come to the realisation that VVD is better than Smalling and Jones, sadly he is much much better.

that's not exactly true - Mane was one of their best players from around Xmas last year, and many lolpool supporters POTY after VD.

plus ultimately, consistency is part of a players quality. Adding the caveat "if he was consistent" is not really meaningful at the end of the day.

Ok - from Xmas 2018 then.

And the consistency thing is actually why this argument came up. The argument here is that we always compare our players when they are at their worst, to opposition players when they are at their best. If Son managed to put in good performances week in, week out, his upside would be higher than Mane's, but he can't.

But what happens next season, if Mane can't replicate his current form? Will we still be comparing him with Son, or will it be back to comparing Son to Salah, because he's in a better patch at the time.

Last season nobody was even mentioning Mane in the same breath as Son, but that's also because he wasn't hitting the heights he's been hitting this season. Sammy has a point here. We only ever look at players who are doing well and then compare that to current form Spurs players.

What Mane is doing right now, is amazing. But Son has the potential to do that as well, if not even better. He can single handly win you a game. Can't remember when I've seen Mane drag a team along with him. For some reason or another, Son lacks the consistency to do that though.

Mane has better players around him.

Back
Top Bottom