Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane's been a 5, 6 or 7/10 almost every week since the start of 2018-2019 season with the exception of a handful of performances.

So, when comparing like for like positions regarding Son & Mane and considering consistency; true or not, this post is relevant how exactly?

Reposting for Son haters. You know who you are. Come out of the closet and argue. I want to be entertained.

:mourlmao:

Since 2015-2016 Season

Vs Sterling

Apps / Total Mins Played / Goals / Mins per Goal / Assists
Son:
219 / 13,882 / 81 / 171 / 45
Sterling: 226 / 17,104/ 89 / 192 / 71
Son Adjusted for Mins: 100 goals / 55 assists - 11 MORE GOALS THAN STERLING

Vs Mane

Son:
Mane: 197 / 15,826 / 89 / 178 / 42
Son Adjusted for Mins: 92 goals / 48 assists - BOTH MORE THAN MANE

Reposting for Son haters. You know who you are. Come out of the closet and argue. I want to be entertained.

:mourlmao:

Since 2015-2016 Season

Vs Sterling

Son:
Sterling: 226 / 17,104/ 89 / 192 / 71
Son Adjusted for Mins: 100 goals / 55 assists - 11 MORE GOALS THAN STERLING

Vs Mane

Son:
Mane: 197 / 15,826 / 89 / 178 / 42
Son Adjusted for Mins: 92 goals / 48 assists - BOTH MORE THAN MANE
What you for example fail to realise is that Sterling overall has massively improved since 2017, which you would've expected from a player who only turned 25 a couple of moths ago; he is now a completely different player from the young lad who scored only a handful of goals under Pellegrini in 2015/2016.

Last edited:
What you for example fail to realise is that Sterling overall has massively improved since 2017, which you would've expected from a player who only turned 25 a couple of moths ago; he is now a completely different player from the lad who scored only a handful of goals under Pellegrini in 2015/2016.

Also notable that Mane spent the first year of that time-frame at a struggling S'oton.

Still gotta load the deck.... :harrysmile:

Awwwww look at everyone trying their hardest to suck off the scouser and manc cunts

:avbshit:

Just not inclined to get behind comments like "a consistent Son is better than Ronaldo" and that Son (on the basis of this season) is better than this year's likely winner of POTY.... Or those that are happy to denigrate Kane to make Son appear better.

Sonny's a welcome member of our squad; I can just do without the histrionics; especially if they are ridden with a deeper agenda that is not favourable to Spurs.

Just not inclined to get behind comments like "a consistent Son is better than Ronaldo" and that Son (on the basis of this season) is better than this year's likely winner of POTY.... Or those that are happy to denigrate Kane to make Son appear better.

Sonny's a welcome member of our squad; I can just do without the histrionics; especially if they are ridden with a deeper agenda that is not favourable to Spurs.
Hahahah
A welcome member of the squad?
He’s one of the best players in the PL and beyond on his day.
Histrionics, I don’t think so.

Maybe people calling Dele one of the best young players in the world though should have a word eh

People creaming over Maddison and Zaha and wanna talk about Sons faults

Hahahah
A welcome member of the squad?
He’s one of the best players in the PL and beyond on his day.

Which is why he's "welcome"....

"One his day" - Essentially that's what's being scrutinised.... CONSISTENCY.... Funny, I swear I pointed that out to you a post or two ago. Meanwhile, a few posts ago you'd said he's a 4/10 atm.

Histrionics, I don’t think so.

"Histrionics" - Yes. We've got so-called fans calling individuals racist for questioning Sons form.

Maybe people calling Dele one of the best young players in the world though should have a word eh

What do you want me to do with that comment...? I'm not accountable for every person/comment you've ever argued with on the damn forum, Sammy.

(I know "world class' is subjective depending on a number of ways you can frame it, but for me consistency is a part of that equation.)

What you for example fail to realise is that Sterling overall has massively improved since 2017, which you would've expected from a player who only turned 25 a couple of moths ago; he is now a completely different player from the young lad who scored only a handful of goals under Pellegrini in 2015/2016.

Fair enough. Lets take a look at the numbers just singling out this season.

Son Vs Sterling This Season

Son:
31/ 2,347 / 14 / 168 / 9
Sterling: 35 / 2,801/ 20 / 192 / 6
Son Adjusted for Mins: 17 goals / 11 assists

Adjusting for mins played, Son has 3 goals less than Sterling but 5 more assists this season. As high as you rate Sterling in his current form, either way you spin it, they're not far off from one another.

Which is why he's "welcome"....

"One his day" - Essentially that's what's being scrutinised.... CONSISTENCY.... Funny, I swear I pointed that out to you a post or two ago. Meanwhile, a few posts ago you'd said he's a 4/10 atm.

"Histrionics" - Yes. We've got so-called fans calling individuals racist for questioning Sons form.

What do you want me to do with that comment...? I'm not accountable for every person/comment you've ever argued with on the damn forum, Sammy.

(I know "world class' is subjective depending on a number of ways you can frame it, but for me consistency is a part of that equation.)
Mane and Sterling aren’t world class

Fair enough. Lets take a look at the numbers just singling out this season.

Son Vs Sterling This Season

Son:
31/ 2,347 / 14 / 168 / 9
Sterling: 35 / 2,801/ 20 / 192 / 6
Son Adjusted for Mins: 17 goals / 11 assists

Adjusting for mins played, Son has 3 goals less than Sterling but 5 more assists this season. As high as you rate Sterling in his current form, either way you spin it, they're not far off from one another.
Would be much more insightful if you look at the stats over a longer period than just a part of one particular season, for example the last 2 years.

If you single out the first 6 months of this season Danny Ings is on 17 goals and 2 assists..

Last edited:
I don't get to watch all of the matches on account of the time difference, family responsibilities, viewing limitations (TV) etc, so honest question here...

Could it be some of Son's weaker performances have been a result of the shuffling of the lineup, positions, and tactics due to having a new manager, new teammates, injuries, etc? Honest question.

I mean is he a 9/10 every match? Of course not, but who is? This is the toughest league in the world, and he doesn't have the luxury of the scousers lineup next to/behind him. We're far from rubbish, but we don't have the depth/talent they do, isn't that obvious?

Not looking to make excuses for the lad, he's not perfect, but he represents Spurs so well. I know my Citeh friends absolutely loathe him for what he's done to them. He's immortal for that in my book.

Mane and Sterling aren’t world class

Depends on who you speak to or what so called experts you listen to.....

Meanwhile, certain opinions in this thread would argue Son is. Statements that start with "on his day" shoot that down immediately IMO.

Would be much more insightful if you look at the stats over a longer period than just a part of one season, for example the last 2 years.

Ok same conclusion. Keep trying.

Son Vs Sterling Since 2018-2019 Season

Apps / Total Mins Played / Goals / Assists
Son:
79 / 5,639 / 34 / 19
Sterling: 86 / 6,898 / 45 / 24
Son Adjusted for Mins: 42 goals / 23 assists

3 GOALS AND 1 ASSIST LESS THAN STERLING

Ok same conclusion. Keep trying.

Son Vs Sterling Since 2018-2019 Season

Apps / Total Mins Played / Goals / Assists
Son:
79 / 5,639 / 34 / 19
Sterling: 86 / 6,898 / 45 / 24
Son Adjusted for Mins: 42 goals / 23 assists

3 GOALS AND 1 ASSIST LESS THAN STERLING
And in the 2017/2018 season (Aug 2017 - May 2018) Sterling scored 23 goals and provided 17 assists, whereas Son only scored 18 goals + 11 assists, which is a significant difference between the two, but of course you had to start counting in August 2018.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom