Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still get headaches wondering what would've happened if Son didn't win the Asian Games.

Seems like a short sighted governmental system in my view. Why not allow athletes and other citizens that rely on their physical abilities delay military service? Imagine working your entire life in a sport and finally getting a shot at the professional level and opportunity to provide for your family only to have your career cut short because of a bizarre system.

Seems like a short sighted governmental system in my view. Why not allow athletes and other citizens that rely on their physical abilities delay military service? Imagine working your entire life in a sport and finally getting a shot at the professional level and opportunity to provide for your family only to have your career cut short because of a bizarre system.

Korea is very harsh about it... They think it must be fair for everyone regardless of their status. But, we all know, politicians' sons avoid it somehow all the time..

I have vague memories of Son's Dad being a brutal taskmaster, making him train relentlessly as a youngster.

Yes. Son basically has no weak foot bc of his dad. His dad made him practice shooting with each foot 1000 times a day.. He himself was a footballer once.

Last edited:
And now these kpop singers are able to delay military services well into their 30s :mourfacepalm:
K-pop group BTS can defer military service after South Korea passes new law
Interesting. That's some bullshit IMO as (I must stress this is because of my girlfriend having an interest not me) the military service by 28(?) for kpop bands has always been observed and is simply the done thing. BTS getting special treatment like that is unfair, though one imagines it sets the precedent for other kpop stars to do the same down the line, not just them.

Had a open look at goal in the first half yet he decides to cross it over to NDombele who would have been in an offsides position had he went for the ball... why? Really question his decision making in front of the goal when he's presented with options. He just needs to stop hesitating and let it rip whenever he gets a look.

Both Son and Kane were not allowed to have any time on the ball. As soon as a pass came to them, at least 2 Leicester players were closing them down.

Both Son and Kane were not allowed to have any time on the ball. As soon as a pass came to them, at least 2 Leicester players were closing them down.
Son had a clear opportunity to shoot/score in the first half (around the 15 minute mark) yet he made a boneheaded move to try and pass it to NDombele into a crowded area. I really don't understand his decision making. He had his chances but didn't do good enough.

Son had a clear opportunity to shoot/score in the first half (around the 15 minute mark) yet he made a boneheaded move to try and pass it to NDombele into a crowded area. I really don't understand his decision making. He had his chances but didn't do good enough.

Agreed that he could have either made a better pass across the face of goal or tried to score from there. These moments seem to have gone against us in recent games. We were so efficient previously where we were scoring our chances. The last two games, not so much. Again, fine margins...

Back
Top Bottom