Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

doesnt have the football I.Q to play anywhere but central. hes devastating when hes central. you cant ask him to get involved too much in actual buildup and all that because its just not his game. if he aint scoring goals hes pretty useless out there. use him for his assets or dont bother playing him.

Son Off the Pitch This season:

102 minutes + extra time / 6 opposition goals scored against Spurs

Newcastle 1 opposition goal - win --> draw
West Ham 3 opposition goals - win --> draw
Liverpool 1 opposition goal - draw --> loss
Wolves 1 opposition goal - win --> draw

That's 7 points lost in 102 minutes.

I don't care how bad he's playing. Stop taking him off in the fcking 80+ minute of the game!

doesnt have the football I.Q to play anywhere but central. hes devastating when hes central. you cant ask him to get involved too much in actual buildup and all that because its just not his game. if he aint scoring goals hes pretty useless out there. use him for his assets or dont bother playing him.
I wouldn’t equate it to “football IQ”. He’s not much of a dribbler, unless he’s in space or in our final third, when he receives the ball on the wing, it’s an instant back/sideways pass. The one time I saw him attempt to take on a defender was in the middle of pitch.

I don’t fully agree with your last sentence because his runs and pressing can open things but today he wasn’t really offering that.

This is what son does. He's had more good games this season but he always has poor anonymous spells. I think he'll have less of them this year though. Can't expect the guy to pull out what he did to Woolwich every week he's not a machine. This is why others need to contribute and we need another forward player that knows how to create chances and score goals. I was hoping it would be bale but that's not the case and it certainly isn't bergwijn or lucas.

How much would it take RM to bid for you to feel comfortable with Son leaving?

I'm thinking at least 90m and cancelling the reggie buy back clause...

How much would it take RM to bid for you to feel comfortable with Son leaving?

I'm thinking at least 90m and cancelling the reggie buy back clause...
I don't want to sell him, cos you never know what the money will get you in return. E.g. Bale, Eriksen, Dembele, Walker etc. So we should secure the succession before we consider selling him.

On the other hand, Son is an extremely limited player, he scores goals but he doesn't wear a defence down the way Mane, Sterling (when he wasn't so shit), Sane etc. do. So it's not like an upgrade isn't possible.

Nope. We tell them and the "special relationship" to fuck off
What messages does selling Son send to Kane?
Idk 90m cold plus 30m from not having a forced reggie sale seems like a sizable amount. It's an estimation of what I think Levy might go for, and maybe a poor rough estimation- not like I really want to sell him.

Back
Top Bottom