Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You tell me.

You're the one calling me a racist and a nonce off the back of me, a white man, calling you, a white man, a white man and googling pictures of ham.

giphy.gif

There’s a poster on SC who fits the general description of a ‘gammon’ person perfectly.

He’s been a member there for years. His username is Gammon.

:mourlmao:

I don't want to sell him, cos you never know what the money will get you in return. E.g. Bale, Eriksen, Dembele, Walker etc. So we should secure the succession before we consider selling him.

On the other hand, Son is an extremely limited player, he scores goals but he doesn't wear a defence down the way Mane, Sterling (when he wasn't so shit), Sane etc. do. So it's not like an upgrade isn't possible.
Who's ready to get him to red again?
I've already carded him.
Do the right thing.

get him on the last CB, looking to get in behind and hes fucking devastating. his buildup play and getting involved in all that is not god enough. the fact he can beat a man either way because his left is so good makes him a CB's nightmare. hes not a wide player at all, hes a world class no nonsense striker.
Yup, if you can get him in behind the defence, it's pretty much curtains for the opposition. As good peak Ronaldo in that sense.

That's why we need what is essentially his opposite on the other side, the Grealish, Zaha, Neto type that just loves to dribble, doesn't give up the ball, and just harasses the opposition defence through the whole game.

Yup, if you can get him in behind the defence, it's pretty much curtains for the opposition. As good peak Ronaldo in that sense.

That's why we need what is essentially his opposite on the other side, the Grealish, Zaha, Neto type that just loves to dribble, doesn't give up the ball, and just harasses the opposition defence through the whole game.
yea sons wasted out wide where hes asked to get on the ball too much away from goal. hes not good enough at all the build up and intricate stuff. but what he is good at, hes one of the best in the world at, and thats down the middle and within range of the goal.

yea sons wasted out wide where hes asked to get on the ball too much away from goal. hes not good enough at all the build up and intricate stuff. but what he is good at, hes one of the best in the world at, and thats down the middle and within range of the goal.
Seems so obvious, but if you're not careful some of the absolute weapons on this site will start hounding you if you say Son is limited in any way.

Look you are racist everyone's seen it.
I presume that you ain't married as obviously you are of low minerals and very childish.

It's a massive shame that you are in America as I'd make a proper 2n8 of your face now I'm putting you on ignore as you are very boring and a racist to boot have a nice life and leave the kids alone.
Socially speaking, he couldn't have been racist as racism depends on a system of power to codify it (and as white people have the power in this country that's not really possible, and even a little odd to argue given he is apparently white as are you, yourself). He could have been prejudiced, sure, but that's not racism (I didn't see how this argument came about so not sure, although I've always tended to align myself with Totti Totti when he has posted on the subject) . Someone will now probably send me a dictionary link to tell me otherwise regarding racism interpretations...

Last edited:
I know Son is very popular here and I should say that he is one of my favourite players by a distance but I have to say that the rate at which he has been losing the ball in the last few games have been shocking to me. He seems to give the ball away 3 out of 5 times. The entire team struggles with ball retention but Son seems to be one of the chief culprits. He really needs to improve this.

But who cares if he continues to bang in goals, right?

the rate at which he has been losing the ball in the last few games
This is not a recent phenomenon, this is just Son. He's not a guy known for dribbling, ball retention, and just general build up play.

You can't play him the way Klopp plays Mane/Salah or fat frank plays Pulisic. You try to get in behind the defence rather than letting him try to do it himself.

Back
Top Bottom