Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not people. Just you. Only you struggle.

You're even duller than the last time I bothered to reply to you, so gonna stop doing that now. Like I said, other people are understanding so I don't feel the need to explain it in nursery school terms for you. Au revoir.
I don't think I'm dull, maybe you are?

its so funny how you think people here understand you lmao.

How you explain yourself, your grammar and your incredible devotion to Kane.... So childish, I don't think I have to even explain it to everyone here. Adios lmao

Pretty clear that it's all a bit meaningless. They probably just chuck in a vote based on the last couple of months/the first player who comes to mind.

Not sure. Probably when players shared it a few years back? Had Son won it outright he'd probably have made it in. I think most fans know he deserved to be up there though. He had a better season than Kane for sure.
Meaningless? As somebody from the States, I know there is a lot of stock attached to individual awards for major sports, and for the most part we do a good job of awarding them based on meritocracy. Are there bonuses in most of the player's contracts in "soccer" for awards?

Meaningless? As somebody from the States, I know there is a lot of stock attached to individual awards for major sports, and for the most part done we do a good job of awarding the based on meritocracy. Are there bonuses in most of the player's contracts in "soccer" for awards?
Yes, there is.

We call it "Football" here.:dierpochhug:

Meaningless? As somebody from the States, I know there is a lot of stock attached to individual awards, and for the most part done on meritocracy. Are there bonuses in most of the player's contracts in "soccer" for awards?

Not sure about bonuses. I'm sure there's some stuff in there for TOTY appearances + amount of goals scored but no idea about PFA nominations. If there is then I doubt it's a huge sum.

And by meaningless I was more referring to how accurate the nominations are and how seriously the voters take them. I imagine it's an afterthought for most players, and I'd wager most fans/pundits etc would have nominated Son. Not something to be taken too seriously.

Yeah I'd still have Kane in over Ronaldo or Mane from that list. His form since Conte took over has been exceptional, there was a good period where he was the best player in the league full stop and was absolutely running games.
Son 20/21 Season: 26 non pen goal contributions
Kane 21/22 Season: 22 non pen goal contributions

I'm sure you were pounding the table saying Son should have got a nomination last season right?

If Harry got in this season, Son definitely should have been nominated last season.

5/6 players are foreign lads, but there is a pro-English conspiracy.

The same pro-English conspiracy that saw Kane deprived of a blatantly deserved POTY last season?

The same pro-English conspiracy that's seen TAA, Rice & Bowen all not on the list.

it-costume.gif
LOL

Son 20/21 Season: 26 non pen goal contributions
Kane 21/22 Season: 22 non pen goal contributions

I'm sure you were pounding the table saying Son should have got a nomination last season right?

If Harry got in this season, Son definitely should have been nominated last season.

I wasn't. But I'm not now either .. I just said that I thought Kane was good value for the nomination. If he wasn't in there I wouldn't argue with it either.

And yes, Son should have been nominated last season. I firmly believe if he played for a higher profile football nation and was playing for City or Liverpool, he'd have been player of the year.

Not sure about bonuses. I'm sure there's some stuff in there for TOTY appearances + amount of goals scored but no idea about PFA nominations. If there is then I doubt it's a huge sum.

And by meaningless I was more referring to how accurate the nominations are and how seriously the voters take them. I imagine it's an afterthought for most players, and I'd wager most fans/pundits etc would have nominated Son. Not something to be taken too seriously.
Understood. Just would have been cool for Son to be nominated and acknowledged. I get that "most" of the fans appreciate his importance to the team.

Are there bonuses in most of the player's contracts in "soccer" for awards?
Yes, there is.

I'd be shocked if there's any contracted bonuses for these kinds of awards.... PFA POTY, FWA POTY, EPL POTY etc.

Apparently the votes were done from late March to early April, which was just before he went on his end of the season scoring run.
Absolute BS in my opinion.

Season voting should only occur when a season has completed.

If a player single-handedly influenced a season (think Klinsmann during our relegation battle) to produce a result, no voting should be applicable until such a time.

Yes, Sonny got a Golden Boot, but did his contribution now help us also snatch CL football against the odds?

I’m battered right now and hate the bias we’ve faced. And I’ve only had it for 30 odd years so can only imagine what it’s been like for those that’ve lived longer than me.

Deuterz Deuterz ... what happened? When you were defending Kane and denigrating Son in the earlier part of this season, you were ALL ABOUT last season's PL end of the season awards, highlighting how Kane was nominated for POTY awards while Son was not.

So now these POTY awards are just a popularity contest and have no validity whatsoever? Am I understanding this right?

And now you're saying how Son should have been nominated for the POTY award last season?

It's odd because I clearly remember you saying drastically different things....

I'll come back to you if Son is nominated for PL POTS, or makes the PL TOTY as decided by the players, journalists and coaches. Which so far, he absolutely won't be.

TOTY/POTS contender is based on votes from players who actually played alongside or against the players they're voting for, so they're best placed to know who was doing well.

Players who played alongside Kane, coaches who saw him in play in their division, and journalists specifically paid to watch/rate players thought Kane was one of the players of the season in the league in 20/21 and TOTS worthy.

Ballon d or is voted for a whole bunch of foreign journalists etc, it's a farce. Lloris got 3 votes behind Son, probably one or two journalists voted for them from fucking Tibet or wherever.

Last edited:
Footballers don't watch football and only vote their mates. It's the only explanation. How the fuck did Son (and Bernardo) not get nominated is beyond me. How did Kulusevski not get nominated for YPOTY is a disgrace too. Even if you could argue that he had a bad period in January/February, so did all the other nominees. Kane had only one goal until the 18th of December when we played Liverpool. Salah had a shit 2nd half of the season, KDB while brilliant, was injured for some part of the season. It makes no sense. I'm genuinely thinking that it might even be racism. I'm that stunned that Son didn't even make the PFA Player of the Year shortlist, while you could argue that he should've won it...

Deuterz Deuterz ... what happened? When you were defending Kane and denigrating Son in the earlier part of this season, you were ALL ABOUT last season's PL end of the season awards, highlighting how Kane was nominated for POTY awards while Son was not.

So now these POTY awards are just a popularity contest and have no validity whatsoever? Am I understanding this right?

And now you're saying how Son should have been nominated for the POTY award last season?

It's odd because I clearly remember you saying drastically different things....

Do you want me to go back and bring up posts from when you wanted Son sold because he wasn’t a Conte player and was inconsistent blah blah blah? Fucking cheek of you. Melt.

I didn’t say the POTY awards had ‘no validity’, just that they’re subject to bias & Son shouldn’t take this one too seriously. He’s unfortunate to not play for a City or Liverpool and unfortunate he doesn’t play for one of the top national teams.

Kane’s consistent nominations show how he’s viewed by his peers though. That much I entirely maintain. That and Son being unfairly snubbed can both be true.

Footballers don't watch football and only vote their mates. It's the only explanation. How the fuck did Son (and Bernardo) not get nominated is beyond me. How did Kulusevski not get nominated for YPOTY is a disgrace too. Even if you could argue that he had a bad period in January/February, so did all the other nominees. Kane had only one goal until the 18th of December when we played Liverpool. Salah had a shit 2nd half of the season, KDB while brilliant, was injured for some part of the season. It makes no sense. I'm genuinely thinking that it might even be racism. I'm that stunned that Son didn't even make the PFA Player of the Year shortlist, while you could argue that he should've won it...
But hey. We still got those empty gesture knees before the games...

Son and Bernardo Silva not getting nominated devalues the award to be honest. Bernardo in particular, I thought him an easy selection for Player of the Season and I don't think any other player came particularly close if you're rating on all 38 games.

Son and Bernardo Silva not getting nominated devalues the award to be honest. Bernardo in particular, I thought him an easy selection for Player of the Season and I don't think any other player came particularly close if you're rating on all 38 games.
Silva had a great start/season but Rodri and KDB were better.

Son shouldn’t take this one too seriously.
Son said after winning the golden boot, that was his childhood dream. We all saw how he went berserk when he scored those two goals 😂. I don't think this PFA snub affects him at all. He's got his teammates and millions of fans showing him love if there was any doubt.

Wanted to mention, I've never seen Ben Davies celebrate a goal like the way he did when Son scored his second goal. Ben was always had a cool composure all season. It was just lovely to see.
0_GettyImages-1398667199.jpg

Back
Top Bottom